can't connect to my home wifi

Search This thread

phobius87

May 5, 2008
Srebrenik
i got my new omnia 7 today and i can't connect to my home wifi router. i tried to disable security, tried wep.....but it allways says "couldn't reach wifi network" or "password incorect". i tried to reset my router and my omnia 7, but nothing helped.

thanks in advance!

phobius87

May 5, 2008
Srebrenik
today, i connected just fine on one open ap, and one wep protected ap, but i still can't connect to my home wi fi ap. really confusing. my laptop and old htc prophet connects just fine, but my new omnia 7 won't. any advice?

thanks!

phobius87

May 5, 2008
Srebrenik
ok, so since no one tried to help me here, i tried every single thing on my router and it seems that the phone can't handle b+g standards, so i switched to g allone and now i'm able to connect. i hope this will help someone else too.

Reactions: princegoro

princegoro

Oct 7, 2008
Brno
Nice tip

Hey man,i guess no one had the problem or didnt know what to do,anyway i had a differrent problem,when i was close to my router (no more than 8 meters) my phone connected normaly to the wifi,but once i was in my room which is further away from the router the phone wouldnt connect although it showed the wifi router signal had two bars,i tried your method in switching to g only and it worked :D,now i connect to my wifi with no problem,thx for the tip ;),hope they fix the issue in mango,cheers.

tchimev

Jan 30, 2011
ok, so since no one tried to help me here, i tried every single thing on my router and it seems that the phone can't handle b+g standards, so i switched to g allone and now i'm able to connect. i hope this will help someone else too.

I have the same problem with my wifi router.

My phone is HTC 7 Throphy.

I have to reset my router every time my phone needs to connect to it.

My router is configured for DHCP.

I noticed that if there is a wireless device connected to my wifi network,

my phone gives that error and cannot connect.

If I try to connect to a wifi network which is secured with a password,

I always get 'Incorrect password' message.

I try reseting my phone with no effect.

I'm still looking for a solution.

phobius87

May 5, 2008
Srebrenik
Hey man,i guess no one had the problem or didnt know what to do,anyway i had a differrent problem,when i was close to my router (no more than 8 meters) my phone connected normaly to the wifi,but once i was in my room which is further away from the router the phone wouldnt connect although it showed the wifi router signal had two bars,i tried your method in switching to g only and it worked :D,now i connect to my wifi with no problem,thx for the tip ;),hope they fix the issue in mango,cheers.

no problem man;).

it seems that there are many troubles with wifi on windows phone 7 and many users are complaining. i hope too that mango will fix most of those issues. mango will bring possibility to connect to hidden network.

for other users posting on this topic, i suggest that they try switching to g standard only, becose i too had this incorect password message allways poping up before the switching. it can be done in the router web configuration interface. u get in usualiy by typing 192.168.1.1 in your adress bar.

tchimev

Jan 30, 2011
no problem man;).

it seems that there are many troubles with wifi on windows phone 7 and many users are complaining. i hope too that mango will fix most of those issues. mango will bring possibility to connect to hidden network.

for other users posting on this topic, i suggest that they try switching to g standard only, becose i too had this incorect password message allways poping up before the switching. it can be done in the router web configuration interface. u get in usualiy by typing 192.168.1.1 in your adress bar.

My router is on g standart only but I still get that error.

phobius87

May 5, 2008
Srebrenik
well, if you know what you'r doing, you could try different configurations in your router. play with the settings and see if it will work, but again, only if you'r sure you won't screw up anything.

tchimev

Jan 30, 2011
I found a fix.
In my router settings I changed the Chanel from 6 to 10.
I think the problem is that I have too many wireless devices in a small room.

d.a.v.o.r

Oct 7, 2010
you lucky bastards with wifi connectivity.. i have a pppoe account on my wifi and there is no way for me to connect to it whatsoever.

d.a.v.o.r

Oct 7, 2010
for some reason, i can't access router! i tried contacting my ISP, did not want to die waiting for an answer.

but i remember trying to do that before, and not knowing how.

Could you post a link with the instructions, zemljak?

hicksmat

Dec 10, 2010
I have this intermittent connection on a netgear wireless router too, its set to use dhcp, and only fix is a reboot of the router.

I think the phone is storing an ip (dhcp assigned) which when you reconnect to your wifi may have been re-assigned (ip lease) to a.n.other device in the meantime.

So, lets say on Monday I obtained 192.168.0.2
didnt access the wifi for a day or so
lease expires (router)
a.n.other device connects, e.g. iPad, obtained 192.168.0.2 via dhcp
then you try and use your wifi on your phone and it doesnt connect.....

so I think it might be storing the ip address, rather than checking for a new one each time it connects, or something similar.

tanklaster

Nov 27, 2009
Over a half year I had the same problem. But now I fixed it, by simply change the wlan-key, because in my old key I had letters like ä, ö, ü. That didn´t work. May be this works for you. :)

chwex

Jan 4, 2012
FIX!

I found a fix.
In my router settings I changed the Chanel from 6 to 10.
I think the problem is that I have too many wireless devices in a small room.

I started having the same problem with the phone prompting me that i had the incorrect password. I changed the channel in my router and now my Surround is connecting without hessitation! Thanks!

sebcioc55

May 4, 2011
Hi,
I have Nokia Lumia 800 with Windows Phone 7.5 and also have problems with my home wifi connection. Firstly I had an old pentagram router and couldn't to connect with it, I tried WPA, WPA 2, WEP, WPA 2 mixed or even no security, always had the same problem, shows "network don't respond".
The phone itself connects to other networks, but not my home network.
I thought that it was problem with my router (but every other device had no problems with conenction, ipad, galaxy s, laptops or even TV), so I took another router (techniklab) and I have the same problem.
On both routers in "active clients" I saw the phone when it was trying to connect, logs looks like:

Code:
Aug 20 22:13:31 wlan0: WPA2-AES PSK authentication in progress... 
Aug 20 22:13:31 wlan0: A wireless client is associated - 50:2D:1D:E2:8A:87
Aug 20 22:13:31 wlan0: Open and authenticated 
Aug 20 22:13:53 wlan0: A wireless client is disassociated - 50:2D:1D:E2:8A:87

Windows on my phone is up to date, router firmware also.
I can add that from couple of days I have Windows 8 (on PC) and it also cannot connect to my router, could it be some problems in new microsoft windows??

Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.