Search This thread

HTCxxxx

It's time to Overclock our Phone...
DISCLAIMER: OVERCLOCK IS DANGEROUS FOR OUR PHONES
How to:
1. Now download r151 from Here
2. Put the files of r151 in the root of SD, run HARET.
3. Download SetCPU from Here and install It.
4. Now open SetCPU, And choice "Autodetect Speeds Reccomanded".
5. Allow Root.
6. Press Windows button and choice "Perflock Disabler" and "Attemp to Disable Perflock" and Check "Set on Boot".
7. Now, close the windows and OC our Phone.

My phone under USB and AC run at 825 MHz without Crash, i had tryed to run it at 864 MHz but System Crash everytime. Without USB and AC my phone run at 787 MHz. I Post 2 Images 1. = Normal Clock 2. = 825 MHz Clock.

To Made Benchmark i Use BenchmarkPi.
1. Screen Normal Clock
2. Screen 825MHz

For Other Question:
1. SetCPU
2. -r0bin-'s Post

Last edited:

puxus

Sep 7, 2010
Tell me please, does it helps to save the battery in last releace (r163)? I`m asking becouse i try to use Master CPU, and it seems to me that it don`t helps to save energy... But I don`t use profiles, only ondemand settings from 120-600 mHz.
Thanks!

Reactions: HTCxxxx

codiak

Feb 27, 2009
19 Mhz does not work for me. Phone gets unusable slow and dont come back :/
Beside that, underclocking do not have a big influence on the battery consumtion.
Undervolting would be more interesting.

HTCxxxx

Beside that, underclocking do not have a big influence on the battery consumtion.

Why Unusable??? Yhea, Undervolting can be an Interesting Thing, but i Think if the Volting is too low phone Freeze, and if is too high cpu can have an High temperature if you're stressing cpu and phone can freeze too. But i've noted, when i use a low "screen off" profile battery consumaption is high? why? is a problem of kernel? or is nomal?

tzacapaca

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

you are right,i also experienced that 19 Mhz makes phone lazy:)
i'm also agree about 2nd part..i read the same

Why Unusable??? Yhea, Undervolting can be an Interesting Thing, but i Think if the Volting is too low phone Freeze, and if is too high cpu can have an High temperature if you're stressing cpu and phone can freeze too. But i've noted, when i use a low "screen off" profile battery consumaption is high? why? is a problem of kernel? or is nomal?

you don't need to undervolt it too low,you just need to find the right voltage ;)
try last kernel from r0bin and you will not have high battery consumption anymore

codiak

Feb 27, 2009
Low Mhz does not lead automaticly to low consumtion.
If you phone has something todo (update something for example) it will get the job done faster with high Mhz and is going fastert to sleep after that.
With low Mhz it takes longer and so can have higher consumtion.

On my HD2 I dont use profiles (like screen off) and it has a very low consumtion on standby/sleep.

schlund

Nov 25, 2010
If you set a minimum speed when screen is off a11 is not able to go to suspend, maybe :)

-r0bin-

Nov 15, 2010
just a quick feedback on power consumption:
it never been so good with r167+drain fix without SetCPU
when I set profiles with low frequency (19 or 128Mhz) it keeps on consuming battery up to 100mA. when i switch SetCPU profiles off, i go to 9mA in suspend mode.
true story :D

there must be a way to setup SetCPU in a way it doesnt affect too much battery drain in suspend mode, but for the time being i just deactivated it.

HTCxxxx

(I THINK):rolleyes:
Hi All,
I've understood why CPU doesn't run @ 19MHz or @ 128 MHz...
Go to /sys/acpucloclock and look acpuclk_tbl...In It there are write all frequencies CPU can Run:
but no Under 245 MHz so if You use a Profile for Screen off From 19MHz to 254MHz, cpu Run everytime @ 245MHz...so there is an high consummation of energy :mad:

bye

tzacapaca

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hi All,
Go to /sys/acpucloclock and look acpuclk_tbl...In It there are write all frequencies CPU can Run:
but no Under 245 MHz so if You use a Profile for Screen off From 19MHz to 254MHz, cpu Run everytime @ 245MHz...so there is an high consummation of energy :mad:

bye

hi
as codiak said earlier lowering CPU(underclocking) doesn't have so much impact on battery life..he also explained you why..if you want i will explain you too
explanation:run CPU at low voltage,open an app or downloading an email,etc= CPU will take time to get to the level app needs,display will stay longer while it CPU will get done the job= worse battery life
Undervolting will have impact on battery life
explanation:run same CPU clock at lower Voltage= CPU will use less power=better battery life

hope it's clear enough for you now,and if anyone else thinks i'm wrong feel free to prove me i'm wrong:)

P.S. Anyway i asked devs and they will lower CPU to run @ less than 245 Mhz.
Enjoy:)

Last edited:
Reactions: HTCxxxx

HTCxxxx

hi
as codiak said earlier lowering CPU(underclocking) doesn't have so much impact on battery life..he also explained you why..if you want i will explain you too
explanation:run CPU at low voltage,open an app or downloading an email,etc= CPU will take time to get to the level app needs,display will stay longer while it CPU will get done the job= worse battery life
explanation:run same CPU clock at lower Voltage= CPU will use less power=better battery life

hope it's clear enough for you now,and if anyone else thinks i'm wrong feel free to prove me i'm wrong:)

Ok thank you very much!!! :):):)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's time to Overclock our Phone...
    DISCLAIMER: OVERCLOCK IS DANGEROUS FOR OUR PHONES
    How to:
    1. Now download r151 from Here
    2. Put the files of r151 in the root of SD, run HARET.
    3. Download SetCPU from Here and install It.
    4. Now open SetCPU, And choice "Autodetect Speeds Reccomanded".
    5. Allow Root.
    6. Press Windows button and choice "Perflock Disabler" and "Attemp to Disable Perflock" and Check "Set on Boot".
    7. Now, close the windows and OC our Phone.

My phone under USB and AC run at 825 MHz without Crash, i had tryed to run it at 864 MHz but System Crash everytime. Without USB and AC my phone run at 787 MHz. I Post 2 Images 1. = Normal Clock 2. = 825 MHz Clock.

To Made Benchmark i Use BenchmarkPi.
    1. Screen Normal Clock
    2. Screen 825MHz

For Other Question:
    1. SetCPU
    2. -r0bin-'s Post
    I did it, it works perferctly !:D

Upscaled to 825 and min 128
    Downscaled to 245 while charging and screen off

Thanks !
    Tell me please, does it helps to save the battery in last releace (r163)? I`m asking becouse i try to use Master CPU, and it seems to me that it don`t helps to save energy... But I don`t use profiles, only ondemand settings from 120-600 mHz.
    Thanks!
    Hi All,

bye

hi

P.S. Anyway i asked devs and they will lower CPU to run @ less than 245 Mhz.
    Enjoy:)