[GUIDE] How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 [Video Walkthrough]

Search This thread

Wlodarski1

Apr 12, 2021
Hello, can anyone help me with tablet samsung tab10 smT585? He came to me with a problem - Custom binary (RECOVERY) blocked by FAP Lock. I think I have to upload BL, AP, CP, CSC files via ODIN? Do I think right? I already have the tablet in the Downloading, secure download-enabled mode, SWREV data: B: 6, K: 3, S: 4. Please, can anyone help me, where can I find the right files to upload via odin 3v3.14? I am asking for help, I do not know everything about root I am just learning, please help with this tablet.Also sorry for my poor English, I'm from Poland, I'm writing through a translator, I hope you can understand me.

oscha

Feb 9, 2020
Android Wear
A big thanks to RoboBear, tphillips, Lorddeff07, and anyone else that has helped make this happen.

I try to make my guides simple and straightforward so that the average user can root their device. I show every detail and walk you through the process. This guide is a complete video walkthrough on how to root the Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi with edits based on the issues that some may run into with previous guides. Without further ado, let's get started!

LINK TO MOD EDIT:eek:utdated links

◄●REQUIRED DOWNLOADS●►

Just download, do not install or run anything yet.

◄●Instructions●►

This method is done on Windows. I recommend this way as its the easiest. If you don't have Windows, borrow from a friend.

◄●Downloading Files and Installing Drivers●►

1. Download the I have linked.
  2. Extract the zip file by right clicking and selecting "Extract All," or by using an extracting program of your choice.
  3. Open the folder and double click the driver file labeled "GT-p7510_USB_Driver_v1_3_2360_0-Escape.exe"
  4. Install the driver. Its pretty much just Next, Next, Install, and Exit when its done.

◄●Connecting the Device●►

1. Turn on USB Debugging by going to Settings>Applications>Development and checking USB debugging. Click Okay to confirm
  2. Power off the device by holding the power button and selecting Power off
  3. Put the device into Downloading mode
    1. Hold the Vol Down button (the left Volume button) and then hold the Power button as well.
    2. Keep holding until you see two icons. First you'll see the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 logo and then the icons will show up. Let go.
    3. Press the Vol Up button (the right Volume button) to select Downloading mode.
  4. Connect the device to your computer with the USB cable.

◄●Flashing a Custom Recovery●►

1. Go into the same root folder as before.
  2. Double click the root application named "Odin3_v1.85.exe"
  3. Select PDA
  4. Double click the clockworkmod recovery file labeled "recovery-cwm_4.0.0.4-sam-tab-10.1.tar.md5" to select it.
  5. Click Start
  6. Once it is complete, you can close the program

◄●Completing the Root●►

1. Disconnect your USB cable
  2. On your device, turn off USB Debugging by going to Settings>Applications>Development and unchecking USB debugging
  3. Plug your USB cable back in
  4. On your computer, go to the same root folder as before and transfer the zip file labeled "Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip" to your device. Don't put it inside any folder.
  5. Confirm that it was transferred by clicking inside the device folder
  6. Power off the device by holding the power button and selecting Power off
  7. Put the device into Recovery mode
    1. Hold the Vol Down button (the left Volume button) and then hold the Power button as well.
    2. Keep holding until you see two icons. First you'll see the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 logo and then the icons will show up. Let go.
    3. Press the Vol Down button (the left Volume button) to highlight the left icon.
    4. Press the Vol Up button (the right Volume button) to select Recovery mode.
  8. You should see that you are in ClockworkMod Recovery. If not, start over
  9. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Install zip from SD card" and hit the Power button to select it.
  10. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Choose zip from SD card" and hit the Power button to select it.
  11. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip" and hit the Power button to select it.
  12. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Yes - Install..." and hit the Power button to select it.
  13. When it finishes, the last line should say "Install from sdcard complete."
  14. Use the volume buttons to highlight "*****Go Back*****" and hit the Power button to select it.
  15. Hit the Power button to select "reboot system now"
  16. Your device will reboot

You're now rooted!
go into the same root folder as before...?? before you connect the device. thats all. ehat you nean with go in? with what mode? with TWRP? only cable to pc and then go into device? what you mean? and by nougat, there are many zip files. what is the nougat rom? hello...i need a android vs over 4.4.2. but by your links, there are many files..and i see that in 4 other forens. do you copy and paste to here ? there guys i asked the same..where is your nougat 7.1? They dont sndert. They dont know too..damn i can believe, whats going on?
nougat bild.png

Reactions: segov

segov

May 2, 2022
Is it possible to help me?
I tried few different files but the result is same...
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220502_201400.jpg
    20220502_201400.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 85
  • 20220502_201422.jpg
    20220502_201422.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 84
Mar 25, 2018
A big thanks to RoboBear, tphillips, Lorddeff07, and anyone else that has helped make this happen.

I try to make my guides simple and straightforward so that the average user can root their device. I show every detail and walk you through the process. This guide is a complete video walkthrough on how to root the Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi with edits based on the issues that some may run into with previous guides. Without further ado, let's get started!

◄●REQUIRED DOWNLOADS●►

◄●Instructions●►

This method is done on Windows. I recommend this way as its the easiest. If you don't have Windows, borrow from a friend.

2. Extract the zip file by right clicking and selecting "Extract All," or by using an extracting program of your choice.
  3. Open the folder and double click the driver file labeled "GT-p7510_USB_Driver_v1_3_2360_0-Escape.exe"
  4. Install the driver. Its pretty much just Next, Next, Install, and Exit when its done.

1. Turn on USB Debugging by going to Settings>Applications>Development and checking USB debugging. Click Okay to confirm
    3. Press the Vol Up button (the right Volume button) to select Downloading mode.

3. Select PDA
  4. Double click the clockworkmod recovery file labeled "recovery-cwm_4.0.0.4-sam-tab-10.1.tar.md5" to select it.
  5. Click Start

◄●Completing the Root●►

2. On your device, turn off USB Debugging by going to Settings>Applications>Development and unchecking USB debugging
  4. On your computer, go to the same root folder as before and transfer the zip file labeled "Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip" to your device. Don't put it inside any folder.
    3. Press the Vol Down button (the left Volume button) to highlight the left icon.
  9. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Install zip from SD card" and hit the Power button to select it.
  10. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Choose zip from SD card" and hit the Power button to select it.
  11. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip" and hit the Power button to select it.
  12. Use the volume buttons to highlight "Yes - Install..." and hit the Power button to select it.
  14. Use the volume buttons to highlight "*****Go Back*****" and hit the Power button to select it.

You're now rooted!
thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

◄●REQUIRED DOWNLOADS●►

◄●Instructions●►

3. Select PDA
    5. Click Start

◄●Completing the Root●►

You're now rooted!
    I love how you have proper grammar and punctuation skills. Spacing is good, fonts are bold where they need to be, this is how a guide should look!

All guides should be written like this, can u offer classes for the uneducated?
    I love how you have proper grammar and punctuation skills. Spacing is good, fonts are bold where they need to be, this is how a guide should look!

All guides should be written like this, can u offer classes for the uneducated?

Would there be a higher demand for that than my guides? lol. But thanks a lot, I appreciate it :) Just trying to make it easy for everyone.
    Root.Zip link is broken

LINK TO VIDEO WALKTHROUGH FOR HOW TO ROOT THE Galaxy Tab 10.1 (WiFi)

◄●REQUIRED DOWNLOADS●►

◄●Instructions●►

1. Download the root.zip I have linked.

3. Select PDA
    5. Click Start

◄●Completing the Root●►

You're now rooted!

root.Zip link is broken
    Hi,

Soon i will get my Tab 10.1 3G...
    So my Q is, will this work also on a 3G model? And i read a lot of stuff about a locked Boot loader?? do i have to unlock it first?? Or can i just use this method?

Thx in avance...

This method is for the Galaxy Tab 10.1. Works on a 3G P7500 as well. Thats the one you proberly bought in Holland... :p

So the short answer is: Yes!