[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Search This thread

socali

Aug 7, 2009
10,000 Posts!

Woohoo! We've passed 10,000 posts!
I can't believe I actually read each and every one of these posts.. :)
Thank you again rmk40 and everyone else here for making this the best rom around!

Last edited:
Reactions: jumpup

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Woohoo! We've passed 10,000 posts!
I can't believe I actually read each and every one of these posts.. :)
Thank you again rmk40 and everyone else here for making this the best rom around!

And how many of those posts asked for help after the ROM ate their pet hamster?

Good work rmk40, socali and all the others that give their time and efforts to make this device work far better than the manufacturer ever could.

H3llblax

Mar 19, 2012
No, do a nandroid backup, super wipe, proper format of the SD then flash the ROM and test.

Don't restore anything from titanium until you've tested the gallery, then only restore apps - never system or settings.

Sry if i m wrong but wont i lose the backup if i backup and then format the sd card??

N do i have to use the superwipev2? if yes can u flash it here megaupload blocked in here

Thanks..

nicolas0189

Oct 1, 2011
Montreal
After my live wallpaper crashed, the HTC sense wallpaper showed up instead. After a reboot of my phone the live wallpaper came back on but I wanted to keep the original HTC sense wallpaper but can't find it! Does anybody know where it is hidden in the rom or have a way to put it on again?
Thanks

After more searching got lucky and found more wallpapers in system -> customize -> resource!

Last edited:

Sinistah_

Mar 19, 2011
Can someone get htc notes to work on this rom? I tried using thr apk from another rom but it wouldnt install on here.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

dus1988

Feb 20, 2010
Welcome aboard!
My Service Pack v3 will take care of the Sense USB dialog and a few other issues. Please follow my Simple Recipe for VI 4.0.1 in the same post for a great ROM experience.

If you just want to remove the Sense USB manually, delete this file:
/system/app/com.htc.android.psclient.apk

Thanks for that, there is a good chance that Ill try your service pack. I have since found a way around the problem though. I went into the app manager and choose to disable the "connect to pc" app. I still get the stock android notification but at least its not redundant.

rgawenda

Jul 28, 2009
Allariz
Is this pure AOSP or AOSP themed sense Rom?

Neither. It's not AOSP as it isn't compiled from source code.
It isn't Sense, because it has it removed whenever possible.

It's based on official ROM from HTC, without Rosie, and all the Sense bloatware, replacing that with AOSP pieces, and a great and big work in this by the Team.

This is AFAIK. And I this is stated in the OP. Did you really read it?

Tungst5n

Aug 11, 2010
My calendar and messaging app continue to force close after reboot. I've reinstalled the rom after a superwipe and I still get the same issue after reboot.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

Tungst5n

Aug 11, 2010
Just use Gosms Pro....

Well that was my initial choice of a solution but apparently when the messaging app force closes, all texts are wiped in GOSMS and I can't send any messages. I even tried using titanium backup to uninstall the native messaging app but that didn't change anything. I really like this rom for it's smoothness and speed. I feel like an idiot for not trying to get a log of it before

Sent from my Sensation 4G using XDA

StuartTheFish

Nov 9, 2011
Is there anyone else with crap GPS? When using maps to track my location, it's about 50 metres out, showing me in fields rather than on the road, facing the wrong direction, etc. Is this caused by some recent change in the ROM or one of socali's mods? Or is it the kernel? I'm using SebastianFM's latest kernel, but when asking on there he said he's done nothing with the GPS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    inquisitionkopia.jpg

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Based off the HTC 3.32.401.5 *release* base.

• Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.

• Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.

• Stock kernel, not overclocked.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

More Information :: Download :: Change Log
    If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.
    Report bugs, request features and follow general progress of the ROM nearly real time here:

Virtuous Development Tracker
    VI 4.0.2 Goodies by Socali

This post will kept updated with Fixes / Patches / Notes for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

=====

Important Kernel Files Reset for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

SebastianFM Kernel v1.4.1, which is included with VI 4.0.2, comes with Sebastian's own thermald.
    This thermald includes, in my opinion, extremely high temps settings. The problem is that those settings are hard-coded and are not read from the thermald.conf file.
    Other kernels are expecting the default thermald and not this custom one, so they are not overwriting it.

I strongly recommend flashing this before flashing any other kernel. Even in-between flashing different kernels, as different kernels might include other files that need to be replaced/removed.
    This patch will reset kernel related files that exist in the ROM's partition to the original HTC v3.32 default files.
    This does not include an actual kernel - you must flash a kernel after this patch and before rebooting the phone.

Download flashable: kernel-reset-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: e8453ea397855c3ecf42030734831a45

=====

Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 Underclocked to 1.242Mhz for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

(This is the same kernel posted by me before, but in a new package that includes the Kernel Reset Patch, so you can simply download and flash one file.)

This is Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 hexedited by me to underclock it to 1.242Mhz with a safer (or more conservative) thermald.conf file.
    This gives you kernel closest to the original HTC v3.32 one with Sebastian's MultiTouch fix and ZRAM support.
    I prefer keeping the CPU clock at 1.2mhz so that the CPU stays stable and cool and doesn't drain the battery as quickly.
    I hexedited it instead of recompiling so that I stay as close as possible to Sebastian's build.

Note: This kernel will give you lower benchmark scores (about 5700-5800 AnTuTu score on my phone). This is not a bug, it's a feature..

Download flashable: kernel-v1.30.2-uc-1.242mhz-socali.zip
    md5sum: b4f69d3be2ee48994e785160eb57c452

=====

Ultimate Quad Lockscreen v4 for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

96 Different customization combinations!
    New Aroma based installer - easier to install and choose the options you want.

Options include:
    1) Choose Full-ring (compatible with Accessibility) or Half-ring layout.
    2) Show/hide quadlock when pattern/PIN is set.
    3) Use Volume Keys to Wakeup the phone.
    4) Allow/disable notifications pull-down.
    5) Open one of the following apps:
    AOSP MMS, ChompSMS, HandcentSMS, GoSMS, PansiSMS, Google Voice.

Please note: 4Ext Touch Recovery is required for installation.

Download flashable: ultimate-quadlock-v4-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: 1f437396becb2f4847d56e04845d4491

=====

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)
    AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

This is my fix to the AOSP Phone included with VI 4.0.0, that enables the mute button during calls.
    This one took a lot of time and research, but I finally got it! :D
    (For those who didn't know, the phone included in the rom does not mute - bug #984 on VI issue tracker)

Download flashable: aosp-phone-mute-fix-vi400-socali.zip
    md5sum: c14b5714b28e42232991c1694b91e526

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)