[APP] Smart Screen Off 2.3

Search This thread

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
I don't know... And user did this: bought the app using another phone and copied it on his main one. The app would probably work, except from the light sensor.

StygiAn TrepidAtioN

Mar 20, 2012
[Request] Version sans light sensor

Hi pal! Can u please make a version without the light sensor integration?

i own the galaxy note whose light sensor isn't very good. When i was using the lite version it was superb, with almost no battery consumption. But ever since i started using the pro version with only timer delay active (300ms) it consumes too much battery.

I'm wondering if u could make a version similar to lite version with only timer delay integrated. Nothing else! I'm sure this won't be time consuming as it does not require new development; only removing few lines of code :)... this would benifit a majority as many phones don't have very sensitive light sensors.

Better stil would be to just update ur lite version adding timer delay. i have however purchased ur app to support u long ago.

Cheers 'n beers!

testrider

Apr 11, 2012
Los Angeles
I'm trying it in my Samsung Galaxy S2 (TMobile T989). When it turns off, about half of the time, it returns to the LOCK screen (I use a PIN to lock screen), then when I did it again, it shuts off the screen. Sometimes it just shuts off the screen on 1st try (this is what I want). Is there anything else I can do?

Last edited:

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
Code:
[2.3] 
If you don't hide the icon, app will not be killed (unless in very low memory conditions);
Removed disabled on shake (nobody was using it);
Improved notification messages;
Android 4.2 Compatibility (Enable it under Basic Features);
If you have any problem please contact me by eMail;

Someone has rated the app 1 star saying "not working after the update". I suggest you to provide more details so that I can solve the issues...:rolleyes:

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
[2.3.1]
Bug fix for crash because of notification.
I suggest you to uninstall and install again the app.

ela1103

Apr 24, 2011
HEART
How To Use Smart Screen On .Iam Using Motorola Defy CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean .Smart Screen Off IS Working super .I Do Know How To Enable Smart Scrren ON . Pls Tell me

ANNOUNCE:

Looking for 1 ICS, 1 GB, 1 Froyo user [who bought the app] to test the new feature "Enable only when in launcher".

Hi DDeleted,

Jelly Bean, PadFone A66 (phone, not tried on Station yet);

"Enable only when in launcher" feature works fine, I think it can be good when using apps for a long continued time, even if using a lot of apps passing through the launcher every time can be less "energy-saving"... so in the end, if used when needed, it's a cool feature.

A question: if I don't activate the light sensor combo method there won't be any extra battery drain, right?

And a little request: can't you make it possible to change the tray-icon with the one from the free-version? I'm ok with changing colours due to different lock method and on-off status, I just prefer the round icon...

Anyway, great work! Simple and intuitive, I bought the PRO to use it with a flip cover.

Last edited:

bgreens

Dec 3, 2010
Nexus 7 support

The Nexus 7 doesn't have a proximity sensor, but it does have magnetic sensors and an ambient light sensor. Could you add support for one of those? The beauty of Smart Screen Off is that it doesn't lock the device so it will wake without a password. I have tried every other method with the Nexus 7 to replicate that functionality, but none of them work.

Pascal06

Feb 3, 2008
Nice
Smart Screen Off Pro on Samsung GT-S7710

Hello,
I wanted to buy Smart Screen Off Pro on Google play. But it says that it isn't compatible with my phone.
BTW, Smart Screen Off Lite works great on this same phone !
So, what's the problem ?
Thanks in advance for your help

Pascal06

Feb 3, 2008
Nice
Ok,
I finally suceeded to install SSOP. This app work great as compared to a bunch of similar app I tried before.
My advice would be to add an "ignore app list" function to it, eg. camera, browser, etc...
Thanks for your job !

Pascal

psycho-sonic

Jul 5, 2013
Can anybody tell me if those apps can damage the proximity sensor of phones because the sensor is permanent active?

HoosierFDaddy

I have an issue on a Note 4 (n910t) sometimes where the phone will turn off like it should, but then turns back on and off repeatedly until I flip it again or put back in my pocket. Had to turn on vibrate to realize how often it happens. About 1 out of every 10 or so tries.

Last edited:

IanHe

Mar 2, 2017
Help Please

I can't unlock it because everytime I touch the screen the tap sensor locks my screen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [UPDATE]
    Hi guys, after my account was banned from Play Store, I decided to move all apps on Amazon App Shop for free. :good:
    Here you can download last version of Smart Screen OFF PRO.

Smart Screen OFF PRO
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014TKA9VQ

I'll add other apps I developed in the next few weeks.

Download Smart screen off PRO User Guide

DESCRIPTION
    Smart Screen Off it's a simple and light app which uses the Proximity Sensor built in your Android smartphone to turn the screen off and on automatically

REASON

I decided to code this app when I bought my Galaxy Nexus: this device doesn't have any physical button on the front screen. Being a quite huge phone, it's quite difficult to press the "turn off" button every time I wanted to turn it off and on. So I needed a way to turn the screen off every time I put it into the pockets and off when removed.

HOW IT WORKS

The app itself is a toggle button, to switch it on just press the App Icon. Then every time you put the phone into your pockets the screen turns off.

If you put the smartphone upside down on the table, the screen turns automatically off.

NOTE: It doesn't lock the screen (just like in a call)

REQUIREMENTS

In order to use Smart Screen Off, you need to have a phone with Proximity Sensor (nowadays every smartphone incorporates one).
    I use LG p990.

Is there possible to turn off wifi with that app?

What would be the goal of turning off wifi with an app like mine?

Nice idea for an app!

Just downloaded the LITE version and tried in on my Galaxy nexus, encounter an issue in the first 30seconds, it cause my phone to reboot when i disable it??!
    This is really strange, since I didn't encounter this issue on my Galaxy Nexus (the device i test it hardly on). Maybe there's an incompatibility with another app who have installed and works in background.

Thanks for this nice app, tested the lite version.
    Few observations:

a) Observed very very low or no impact on battery. Great.
    b) Not consistent! Though show in notification, and in on position, suddenly stops working! I mean screen will not go off or come on! Need to again start and stop for it to resume working!

It will be great if you can fix this on consistency please. This may be because of opening 2-3 heavy apps like market and browser the Smart screen is getting killed in background?

Yes I think is because the service has been killed because of low memory. I'll try to implement a service who can't be killed in future versions!

Can you add function for light sensor as well?

Sent from my Acer Iconia A500 using Tapatalk
    I'll quote what I answered to another user:

The Proximity Sensor works in binary mode, 1 or 0, on or off, without any intermediate values. Someone told me it the range can be changed if you modify build.prop file with root access. But this is not what I want. I would like everyone can use my app, with or without root.
    So I'm trying to implement a combination with light sensor. The only problem is that the light sensor built in Android phone are not the best sensor on the market and every device has different sensos. In other words, in low light conditions this could not work as expected. I'm working on this at the moment
    well mates. seems me nor my brother can uninstall the app. he has the evo 4g and i have the echo. i got root he dont. please get a fix for this.

Could you be clearer? What message you get when you try to uninstall it?
    The app doesn't ask for any admin permissions, so it should be uninstalled like other apps.

[1.5] Changelog
    Code:
    [1.5] Added a new state (BLUE ICON):
          This means that the app is "acquiring" data if the "light sensor combo" feature is active;
          And means that the app is waiting for you to cover the proximity sensor if "timer delay" feature is active
          Now is easier to understand if Smart Screen Off is active or not.
    As far as I know this should happen only when you point a camera on your device (it can be seen only with a digital eye). Do you see it with your eyes?
    If yes:
    1) turn my app off;
    2) make a call and cover sensor until screen turns off.

Does the light turns on?

Something about this on Google

yes I see it with my eyes. it this the same light that it is on it when I do a call. It seems that sensor becames red when in use

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1352169