[Mod] Zoe and extended camera mod V3

Search This thread

angramenyu

May 15, 2012
This doesn't work on nlsolja123 rom. Confirmed. Camera didn't load.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

fmorder

Sep 5, 2013
Altoona, PA
So I flashed this and thought all was ok. Zoe works great. The problem I'm having is zoom on the normal camera. Here is what I get... Any ideas? I'm using viperxl and beast kernel.

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1378681739278.jpg
    1378681739278.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 462

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
So I flashed this and thought all was ok. Zoe works great. The problem I'm having is zoom on the normal camera. Here is what I get... Any ideas? I'm using viperxl and beast kernel.

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

known issue, set your resolutions to small

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-08-18-15-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-08-18-15-36.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:
Reactions: Heisenberg

nlsolja123

Feb 14, 2010
Atlanta
My HTC one gallery has the zoe mode that makes a slideshow with music. And the one x does too. I'm talking about under photo gallery.... The htc one has it where you can select the song the one x doesn't allow to select personnel songs. Is this a feature you can enable?

E.Cadro

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 18, 2011
Just Off In The Distance
Samsung Galaxy S20
Well. Good job stealing sun_dream's Zoe mod without giving any credit.

Peace out.

I am going to clear the air here the zoe fix is NOT a mod it was just a matter of adding the camera libs and hardware from the STOCK HTC One that supports zoe. EVERY file that was used originally came from this rom One_2.17.401.1_deodexed.zip which imagio had posted long before we even had an official update.
The camera was given to us by olvrick which forced zoe. Even if sun_dream used the same method he can not claim exclusivity over manufacturer files. The lib files require no modification to work and it can be reproduced by anyone who wanted to take the time as we did to go through and add them. This is also why we are sharing this with the community because there is no special coding needed to work it is all stock files with the exception of the camera.

I have nothing against Sun_Dream we have worked together in the past and he has shared other things with me and he knows that I would never take anything from him without permission.

Unluckily I do know what I'm talking about.

So do you think you still know what your talking about?

saham424

Dec 12, 2010
Houston, Tx
Okay so Weird issue, other than zoom, it lags a little while moving the camera around, compared to the camera that was with magio rom, I've cleared the cache and everything and still has a minor laggy feeling, what can it be?

Sent from my HTC One XL Evita T-Mobileddd UP on MagioRom w/ Sence 5 and Beastmode Reloaded ... Houston, Tx

haq.adnan

Jun 3, 2013
new delhi
www.helpingjet.com
E.Cardo said its a deodexed rom of htc one

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

I m toking about the one from where camera rib files has been taken Mr got it

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
No, it isn't a ROM. If you read the OP you'll see it is a fix to get Zoe working on 4.2.2 Sense 5 ROMs.

I don't understand the second part of your post.

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

E.Cardo said its a deodexed rom of htc one

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

I m toking about the one from where camera rib files has been taken Mr got it

Are you talking about the ROM port mentioned in this post? If so, that ROM doesn't boot, it never did, but they were able to use lib files from it in order to get Zoe working.

If you're replying to a particular post, you need to quote it. There had been multiple posts since E.Cadro's post so it wasn't clear that you were talking about his post.

Sent from my Evita

Last edited:

grayfoxmg1

Aug 9, 2009
Paw Paw, Mi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a flashable zip that enables zoe, gif, and makeup mode for the htc one xl's running android 4.2.2. It should work with all stock deodexed 4.2.2 roms.

Note: The android policy.jar has been removed from the zip in V2. Zoom still doesn't work

Credits for the fix go to @E.Cadro and myself for narrowing down the libs, @olvrick for making the force zoe enabled camera.apk and gif mod, and @Turge for the updated libs.

Directions
    Download
    Flash in recovery
    Wipe cache and dalvik
    Reboot
    Enjoy!

Ill be working on fixing the zoom feature to be compatible with zoe. No eta when it will be fixed right now though. All devs are allowed to use this mod in their rom so long as they include the credits above with it.
    I got zoom fixed

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Well. Good job stealing sun_dream's Zoe mod without giving any credit.

Peace out.

I am going to clear the air here the zoe fix is NOT a mod it was just a matter of adding the camera libs and hardware from the STOCK HTC One that supports zoe. EVERY file that was used originally came from this rom One_2.17.401.1_deodexed.zip which imagio had posted long before we even had an official update.
    The camera was given to us by olvrick which forced zoe. Even if sun_dream used the same method he can not claim exclusivity over manufacturer files. The lib files require no modification to work and it can be reproduced by anyone who wanted to take the time as we did to go through and add them. This is also why we are sharing this with the community because there is no special coding needed to work it is all stock files with the exception of the camera.

I have nothing against Sun_Dream we have worked together in the past and he has shared other things with me and he knows that I would never take anything from him without permission.

Unluckily I do know what I'm talking about.

So do you think you still know what your talking about?
    Thanks to Imagio, E.Cadro for getting this working.

I'm looking everything over, but in the meantime, I would recommend that ViperXL users refrain from flashing it because of the inclusion of android.policy.jar.

So hang tight..
    Using ViperXL 4.0.0, Flashed V1 with deleted android.policy.jar. Wiped cache and dalvik, reboot. No Zoe.

Flashed V2, wiped cache and dalvik, reboot. No Zoe.

Same here, on viper 4 flashed and cleaned caches, ZOE doesn't show up

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

I just sent Imagio an updated camera apk which will force-enable Zoe no matter what rom or device it gets flashed on.