[ROM][AOSP][KK][cfX-Toolchain LLVM Clang 3.5] Asus Nexus 7 (Flo/Deb) codefireX Nightlies

Search This thread

HTC Venom

Sep 16, 2012
amman

loopism

Apr 15, 2011
Cracks me aup that TeamEOS, who "mreged" with CodefreX are now doing builds of the CodefieX nightlies ....

Back to square one?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][AOSP][KK][cfX-Toolchain LLVM Clang 3.5] Asus Nexus 7 (Flo/Deb) codefireX Nightlies

pre_1390702648__cfxsig1.png

CodefireX 4.4.3.2.1.000.000 Open Master

pre_1391201081__hamag.png

This well established Android distribution treats development differently than any other to further our Android platform as a whole. This is the fastest source built ROM you will find on this forum, and also the only one to utilize our unique build system and a custom LLVM 3.5 suite based toolchain globally.

Here is our very well supported Issue Tracker.
    pre_1391201054__9l5fz.png

We utilize a plethora of unique optimizations in a build system unlike any other:

• Utilizing the LLVM CLANG CI globally, working heavily with upstreams with a goal of furthering our entire Android platform.
    • Consistently updated upstream toolchain module source with our custom backports, fixes, and optimizations applied in a patch at build time.
    • Fully built utilizing Link Time Optimization and Polly optimizations (another custom ROM first). Feel free to google these a bit.
    • Much of our source have code fixes, cleanups, and many minor optimizations to set us even further ahead of the community. These are too generous to even speak of here.
    • Optimizations are toggled on and off based on device for the best experience we can achieve for your device without sacrificing stability
    • Many Qcom optimizations and AOSP master (upstream) optimizations and fixes using device specifications to determine usage.
    • Fully built utilizing strict aliasing and isognu++11 mode.
    • Utilizing all O4 optimizations (Optimization Level 4) including LTO (with binutils plugins), and additionally LLVM Polly.
    Of course we also have several neat UI features, including but not limited to:
    • T-Mobile Theme Engine.
    • DPI Wizard (no junk like build.prop tweaks).
    • Quick Settings panel customizations.
    • Live network stats in your statusbar.
    • Button backlight customizations.
    • Hardware button customizations.
    • Volume button customizations.
    • Many more being added during the nightly builds.

pre_1391201067__d92id.png

Flo/Deb Download & Support thread

pre_1391201095__lpnqc.png

Our thanks go out to all the open source developers who made our work possible.
    Below is an ever-incomplete list of some of the 'indirect' contributors to our ROMs:
    • The Android Open Source Project
    • LLVM CI
    • Linux Foundation
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • CyanogenMod Inc.
    • Chainfire
    • Many more!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][AOSP][KK][cfX-Toolchain LLVM Clang 3.5] Asus Nexus 7 (Flo/Deb) codefireX Nightlies, a ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
    RaymanFX, synergye, bigrushdog, anders3408, ajf64, rlasalle15, Roach
    Based On: AOSP Open Master

Version Information

Created 2014-02-02
    Last Updated 2014-02-02
    Hey guys, Flo is fully available as of now, Deb will take one more night to roll out, so please hang on for a couple of hours if you want to flash Deb builds :)
    Good things are coming :)

Due to some internal team changes, there'll be the quality and the same people backing the ROM on this device under a new, well, actually *old* name. I'll post more info once I can show off something here.

Just letting you know that I'm actively working on this ROM and updates will be provided just as usual.
    Since my main goal is a stable, rock solid every day ROM, this will stay as close to AOSP as possible, with features that we write ourselves (google for 'NX gesture bar (EOS)'). No funny stuff, no funny CAF *pun intented* :p
    I'm guessing this is a CAF build, correct? :)

Nope. I'm using Google's display HAL and OMX libraries.
    It's rock solid and there's just no need to mess with CAF video drivers on Nexus devices :) .
    To all of you out there who are having wakelock / deep sleep issues:

It's all solved by now and the fix will be included in the next nightly.
    I was on the hunt for this bug for far too long, but finally found the root cause of the problem.

Fix can be found right here: https://github.com/codefireXperiment/device_asus_flo/commit/802577fa4ce2a9337bc95cc15877ab2e2c329c5a

Happy flashing!