$199 Buy.com HTC Flyer 7" Tablet, 16GB Storage, Android 2.3 - Refurb (Dead)

Search This thread

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
The price fluctuates. Keep checking the site and I bet you'll see it drop to 199.99 again. Keep in mind there is a $10 online coupon good for anything in buy.com. think you have to be a new customer to get it though. Look in my previous posts for the link or Google it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I used that coupon with no issue. I was a prior customer, but hadn't bought from them in years.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

glitchsta

Feb 20, 2011
I bought thr rocketfish case for $3.30 on ebay and received it in 3 days, free shipping of course. It fits perfect and is basically just a cover for the back. I also bought a neoprene sleeve which should be here any day. I would love to use this as a car gps but the navigator htc gives you is only good for 30 days, does anyone know of another good offline navigation app? I think google navigator has to br online to work as it would never pop up anything after searching for directions. Thanks

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

NUTSH3LL

Mar 13, 2012
Got my HTC Flyer from buy.com and it was in decent shape. I've always had good luck with refurb units that look brand new, but this one had a tiny chip in the upper corner of the screen, a couple of light scratches, and some dirt or sticker residue probably from a protective case.

However, I got lucky on eBay and won an auction for an HTC EVO View 32gb, 4g, Zagg screen protector, and HTC Scribe for $228 :D Pretty much exactly the same price I paid for the refurb HTC Flyer without the ~$60 pen.

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
My flyer was pretty much in new condition. I love this tab and to think I almost bought a refurbished nook color! So much better deal

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using XDA

gbirk

Jul 30, 2009
Am I the only one that has issues with the flyer but buy.com?

I ordered one, and it looked perfect, but the screen was not responsive so I returned it to Buy.com for a replacement. The replacement just arrived and it has some cosmetic blemishes on the back, but it works perfectly, and I am very happy with the tablet. Because of shipping and the return process it did take 3 weeks to get it though. Also, Buy.com was very easy to work with on the return and they paid for all of the shipping. Overall, I am very happy with the purchase.

Last edited:

gersto

May 19, 2010
Albuquerque
However, I got lucky on eBay and won an auction for an HTC EVO View 32gb, 4g, Zagg screen protector, and HTC Scribe for $228 :D Pretty much exactly the same price I paid for the refurb HTC Flyer without the ~$60 pen.

lucky, my preference was the view just because of the 32gb storage. 32GB flyers seem hard to find and still pricey. Had gotten a view for $230 but then the seller pulled out of the deal.... Ah well still extremely happy with my flyer, running LeeDroid. Still hunting for a good deal on the HTC Scribe and a few OEM HTC accessories (dock, standing case, mhl adapter)

RobE.

Aug 21, 2007
Back to $239.95 as of this posting. Fortunately (for me), I ordered yesterday @ $199.95 and was able to get the $10.00-off coupon - big thanks to you guys here. Added the 2-day shipping, also a Bluerex case @ Amazon, and a Sandisk Ultra 16Gb class 6 micro SDHC from Newegg... all totaled, about $260.00 - Still not a bad deal. Could've saved about $30.00 on less expensive accoutrements but I wanted to do this right. :) From everything I've read about this Flyer, I expect it'll be perfect for my needs... just have my fingers crossed that the refurbished piece will be a nice one.

Thanks again guys! Without this thread, I never would've pulled the trigger.

Edit: arrived on time looking like new. I upgraded from GB 2.3.3 to 2.3.4, but no HC for now. - Fwiw, the Blurex case is a nice fit for it.

Last edited:

polo735

Mar 5, 2009
Connecticut
I bought my flyer one day before they went on sale to 200. I paid 220. I emailed buy.com customer service and they refunded me 20 the next day. Great service IMHO. The refurbished unit looks good as new in my eyes.

Sent from my Motorola Photon using XDA

gersto

May 19, 2010
Albuquerque
I know this is an old thread but i wanted to say that i think someone over at buy.com goofed... big time: ahem... List price $309, buy.com price $379.95, you saved (-22%) 80.00

For a refurb WiFi flyer!

WTH?!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts