[ROM][FC09][MTD][BML]Stock Deodexed Prerooted

Search This thread

travmofosho

Feb 22, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Sorry mirror is taking forever lol my computer is being lame! But I was looking into implementing mods when I ported the crt on and I noticed in toads CleanGB EL30 thread that next to each one of his "features" he has either his Github or a guide to add each mod. It might take awhile to learn but its a good start :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KennyG123

scott47

Feb 22, 2008
Denver, CO
I compared the files in Deodexed-FC09 to the files in the rom I've been using (a modified version CleanGB-MTD-1.1.2).

One thing I noticed is that the files in the system/framework folder of the FC09 rom do not appear to be deodexed. Nearly each file name in this folder has a .jar version as well as an .odex version. The CleanGB version that I've been using has only the .jar version. The combined size of the two files in the FC09 version is approximately the same as the single file in the CleanGB version.

Of course there is a huge possibility that I might be confused as to what I should be seeing in these files..

Can someone please verify this for me?

Thanks for all your work on this!!

travmofosho

Feb 22, 2011
Sacramento, CA
I compared the files in Deodexed-FC09 to the files in the rom I've been using (a modified version CleanGB-MTD-1.1.2).

One thing I noticed is that the files in the system/framework folder of the FC09 rom do not appear to be deodexed. Nearly each file name in this folder has a .jar version as well as an .odex version. The CleanGB version that I've been using has only the .jar version. The combined size of the two files in the FC09 version is approximately the same as the single file in the CleanGB version.
Of course there is a huge possibility that I might be confused as to what I should be seeing in these files..
Can someone please verify this for me?
!

Yup i just noticed that too.. you beat me to it!! lol It just hasnt been Deodexed yet but im sure kenny will get it fixed soon ;)

EDIT: Heres a mirror but im sure it wont last long due to the above comment ^^ lol but anyways here it is for now..

FC09 Deodexed ROM - 186.41 MB

Last edited:

rando991

Mar 5, 2011
Kansas City, MO
Well I just figured out how to deodex and bit the bullet to make a completely stock FC09 ROM for those on MTD that do not want to Odin just to try it out. Other than sticking Shadowkernel and busybox in, this is completely stock, Sprint ID, Signal Optimizer, everything but Asphalt and HD Game Demos. I will make a seperate zip if requested for those.

Thanks to Bbelos for shadowkernel 3.0

I will need someone to mirror this since this link expires in 10 days:

FC09 MTD Deodexed Prerooted Stock ROM link:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/M3BtT20rd0F5UkUxZXNUQw

Wipe everything once and flash in CWM from MTD ROM. Choose TW Launcher upon boot.

To update modem go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1578313
Thanks Zanderman112 for that.

I will try to do a BML version if there is a demand for it. I need a good free hosting site.

Kenny, I'd be interested in the prerooted BML version. I run stock rooted EL30. I customize what bloatware I want removed with Titanium Backup.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Dammit dammit dammit!!! This is why you don't make ROMs late at night without a Monster. I copied the wrong folder into the zip. Have the deodexed framework on my laptop. Will fix it tonight...sorry guys. And will get a BML one going this weekend.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: scott47

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
I got the app folder right but f'd up on the framework. No wonder the EL30 theme didn't boot. Will have it up dinner time tonight for you guys looking to mod it.

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Hmm, so I wonder if it was just the framework making el30 themes not work on this or will I be updating my themes?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Hmm, so I wonder if it was just the framework making el30 themes not work on this or will I be updating my themes?

I am sure EL30 themes will work when I get the right deodexed folder in....so mad at myself! I am litterally back kicking so I can kick myself in the ass....people are looking.....I better stop now....lol.

travmofosho

Feb 22, 2011
Sacramento, CA
I am sure EL30 themes will work when I get the right deodexed folder in....so mad at myself! I am litterally back kicking so I can kick myself in the ass....people are looking.....I better stop now....lol.

HAHAHA i can only imagine what that looks like!!

Heres an idea if your looking for one...

kickingmyself.jpg

xopher.hunter

Mar 21, 2011
Ventura
Can you keep an odexed copy up as well, for a non power user who doesn't always remember to close running apps it runs smoother. (Not talking about me of course my cusin)

Sent from my MIUI V4 Epic 4G via Tapatalk 2 beta 5

DaggettBeaver

Aug 3, 2011
Can you keep an odexed copy up as well, for a non power user who doesn't always remember to close running apps it runs smoother. (Not talking about me of course my cusin)

There's a re-odex ZIP somewhere on here -- I think it's in the Sleeper ROM thread, or OP in that thread. You can re-odex the ROM yourself after you install it.

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!

Can you grab it now before I fix it? Although it is half odexed. The App directory is deodexed.

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine

Lmao, its ok man. We all make mistakes. Plus your only just starting out with your rom making adventure and you are pretty damn good at it already. Didn't expect to see you get another one out this fast. Good job my friend :)

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Lmao, its ok man. We all make mistakes. Plus your only just starting out with your rom making adventure and you are pretty damn good at it already. Didn't expect to see you get another one out this fast. Good job my friend :)

Thank you. I was anxious to learn to make one myself. I wanted to get the deodexed version out there to save other devs the time and then we can have some FC09 ROMs.

OK, got the right folder in now and EL30 themes DO WORK!!!! YAY!
Uploading now to generic dev-host. Should be up in a bit.

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
Thank you. I was anxious to learn to make one myself. I wanted to get the deodexed version out there to save other devs the time and then we can have some FC09 ROMs.

OK, got the right folder in now and EL30 themes DO WORK!!!! YAY!
Uploading now to generic dev-host. Should be up in a bit.

I want to mirror it... so I will

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: DaggettBeaver

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I just figured out how to deodex and bit the bullet to make a completely stock FC09 ROM for those on MTD that do not want to Odin just to try it out. Other than sticking Shadowkernel and busybox in, this is completely stock, Sprint ID, Signal Optimizer, everything but Asphalt and HD Game Demos. I will make a seperate zip if requested for those.

Video by my friend Qbking77 to demonstrate using this ROM to root:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9eaCtiS0Bo

Thanks to Bbelos for shadowkernel 3.0

FC09 BML Deodexed Prerooted Stock ROM links:
    REMOVED DEV_HOST LINK
    Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ypotcambi2u83rc/Deodexed-FC09-BML.zip (thanks Mattalica76)

FC09 MTD Deodexed Prerooted Stock ROM links: (This will also convert you from BML - thanks Toadlife)
    REMOVED DEV_HOST LINK
    Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ur5xl8w5jurq435/Deodexed-FC09.zip (thanks Mattalica76)

Thanks to CASHVILLEBOS for odining to BML just to test this for me!

Wipe everything once and flash in MTD version in CWM from a MTD ROM. Choose TW Launcher upon boot.

To update modem go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1578313
    Thanks Zanderman112 for that.

You can also Odin in the modem of your choice from here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1123103

If you want to add Necrosan's Hotspot Hack (thanks Necrosan) here it is:
    http://BillionUploads.com/wu7vd6sot7sj
    On MTD mount system in CWM before flashing.

For those that wish to restore the full Sprint Boot animation the thread is here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=951184
    Remember to mount system if you are on MTD before flashing each file.

And to return to Sprint if your USB port is broken it is helpful to have the stock kernel numbers in the About Phone section so Marcusant whipped up a stock MTD kernel just for this:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32800014/StockFC09kernel.zip
    So find him and thank him if it helped you.

This can be used if you cannot odin in stock to go to Sprint. Remember to delete Superuser. And you can install the stock recovery from the file in this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1027904&highlight=rerfs
    Superuser is tough to getr rid of. Muyoso found that it is actually reinstalling itself upon reboot after deletion. Thanks to him for pointing it out in his efforts to get back to stock. He tore through the scripts deleting all instances of su. PM Muyoso if you need help with this.
    FIRST! I love u iSaint

I bask in the glory of knowing I contributed to the inspiration of getting Kenny on rom making...now look at all the activity because of it!

What do you mean? Flash TPR? I thought it was Deodexed too. Do you mean flash TPR, then run the Re-Odexing tool? How would I "de theme it to stock? That sounds good...

Yes, run the odexer tool on it. It already has the crt animation.
    It would take a bunch of png swapping but can be done. But 15 toggle mod would still be in it. So it would need a stock-like lidroid-res too. Maybe flash the Legendary theme on it before odexing. That is pretty close to the stock greens. But first you would need to make sure it boots since you got stuck on this ROM. It's a lot of work just to get the CRT animation working.