Pre order for Galaxy Nexus LTE is open starting now

Search This thread

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
most of those roms (cm9, codename android, aokp, miui v4) will also come on htc evo lte. Just give a month or so after evo's release, you'll see the same. But to each his own!

Galaxy Nexus is an amazing phone, and I was very close to ditching Sprint and going to verizon for the phone, but evo lte looking very nice.

The evo from 2 years ago does not have stable ics, the nexus one does. The Epic does not have amazing roms released super quick due to samsuck putting crazy files everywhere. The nexus s does not have that. The nexus also is fully open source so roms will be 100% stable all of the time.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

SpicyBurrito

Dec 10, 2010
It's tempting. Although so is the HTC EVO LTE 4G PHONE FROM SPRINT™.
I'd like to see what the Galaxy III offers before I decide. My upgrade isn't till July 1st.

DrKaotica

Feb 18, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Btw marcusant are you getting a nexus? That honestly weighs in my decision haha.. you're one of the best devs on here imo.. all your stuff works great for me... (running aokp/nyan at the moment)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

a2tz

Dec 29, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Gnex looks pretty sweet....but so does the evo lte.....but really I want a damn keyboard. I also "want to upgrade to the latest and greatest" but I can oc my epic if I need...and my screen STILL kicks ass...and...I have that keyboard to use whenever I get fed up with an on screen keyboard being slow.
Wife has an epic touch, and its a very nice phone, but nothing I see on any of these really trumps my kb. Lte in my are MIGHT be the only thing....but I bet there is a kb phone with in the time I get lte here. (2 hours west of kc).

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Shinydude100

Feb 24, 2011
Dallas
To be honest guys, I want to let you all in on my point of view.

#1 Don't get tunnel-visioned. (This phone has better specs) isn't a valid argument. What good are "superior" specs right now with an evo when Samsung releases a newer phone that beats those specs? You'll be upset if you're deciding on just specs.

#2 We will all eventually part ways on phones. Some of you honestly are "done" with keyboard phones, so don't dwell on another keyboard phone if this is you. Some of you guys WANT another keyboard phone, you may as well keep rocking that Epic, if it works, why change? Especially with CM9 running.

#3 Remember what Companies are best in your Area, if Sprint is the worst, WHAT are you doing still looking to Sprint phones unless you're going to reprogram it? Get what best suits your area, and to your liking.

#4 Don't worry too much about who's going to be there on your next phone, as long as you're happy with your purchase, that is what matters in the end.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

xTmDarren

Dec 2, 2007
Kannapolis, NC
I'm waiting on the GSIII or the Samsung Note ( or whatever sprint wants to call it ) I have a friend decently high up in Sprint and he said he heard someone mention the version that sprint would be getting would be 0.2 inches bigger and have basicly the same quad that is being rumored for the GSIII.. anyways.. Take this little bit of info with a gain of salt.. It could be fails.. But he hasn't lied to me yet..

Geekybiker

Sep 30, 2010
Chicagoland
That's cool that y'all are informing people about this.

I'm actually seriously considering just dumping Sprint altogether. They are no longer any better than the others.

I have four lines and will be dropping each one as the contract expires. I'll probably just go with a pay as you go service that doesn't sell the iPhone (which Sprint's release coincided with the degradation of their network IMO).

I hear you. The 3g speeds in Chicago are pathetic. Wimax is okay if you can actually get it. I'm not out of contract until fall, but whatever I get, it's not likely to be a sprint phone. I'd like to be able to actually use my smartphone features.

Given my experience with the speed of Samsung code quality and their pace of updates, I'd vote Gnex. Maybe HTC is better, but I'd rather have support directly from google instead of the fastest phone out there.

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
You need to check those specs. The evo 4g lte snapdragon s4 krait 1.5ghz dual core is the same processor in the htc sensation xe that's outdated. Htc :thumbdown:

you might have to RE-check where your getting your sensation xe specs from becauase..

AFAIK the htc sensation XE is a Qualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon (S3)

the HTC Sensation XE has a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor powered by a Adreno 220 GPU and supported by the Qualcomm MSM 8260 Snapdragon chipset.

source

HTC EVO lte is essentially htc one x which is the next gen (s4)

CASHVILLEBOS

Apr 12, 2011
Nashville
I am 45 days away from my upgrade. I have a Epic 4G which has been a POS from day 1. GPS has never worked properly, seldom updated, 4G radio sleeps in the middle of browsing, and the phone now requires resets every 12 hours (otherwise it'll shut down on its own at a random time after). Reinstalling the OS does nothing. It's never been rooted because it always errored out when I attempted to. After is crashed and corrupted my SD card in January, I was ready to toss it. But I decided to wait until something worthwhile came out...

Lol man I've had my epic since release date and I can honestly that its better than have these phones on the market today in any aspect....speed, stabilty, performance I could go on for days lol. You said its never been rooted maybe you should try rooting it, we've got Devs in the community that could root it for you via computer if you're having trouble. 4G is blazing fast and GPS locks on in the snap of a finger. I don't know what kinda phone you have, but that phone you speak of is not the Epic 4G my kind sir:D:D:D

Running AOKP B32
Kernel: Nyan Colonel v4.

etirkca

Apr 14, 2012
Lol man I've had my epic since release date and I can honestly that its better than have these phones on the market today in any aspect....

What?

I like my Epic 4G, but with quad-core Exynos and Snapdragon S4 coming this summer, the Epic 4G is a couple generations behind current tech. The mobile handset market moves quickly, especially within the Android ecosystem.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
What?

I like my Epic 4G, but with quad-core Exynos and Snapdragon S4 coming this summer, the Epic 4G is a couple generations behind current tech. The mobile handset market moves quickly, especially within the Android ecosystem.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

If anyone remembers what happened to PCs and laptops about 10 years ago, that's about what we're looking at today with smartphones. Technology is moving so fast, it's tough to keep up. The second a phone comes out, something newer is already being developed. There's no way around it right now, until things slow down a bit, which I hope doesn't come soon.

I too love my Epic, I've had an upgrade for about 14 months now and still rock it, but it's not better than any phone out there. Close, but I'm sure if other talented devs put their efforts into better hardware, the result must then be better as well.

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
We can all agree that samsung is better for software but HTC. Is better for hardware.

But obviously, no one has still seen the HTC One X or S.
Quad Core and Dual Core. The X is Quad and the S is Dual
And looks pretty good for software and Hardware who knows, take a look at them

iSaint

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix, Maryland
We can all agree that samsung is better for software but HTC. Is better for hardware.

But obviously, no one has still seen the HTC One X or S.
Quad Core and Dual Core. The X is Quad and the S is Dual
And looks pretty good for software and Hardware who knows, take a look at them

HTC is trying hard to make up for the 3vo :D

.OmEgA

May 16, 2011
Michigan
I bet the people holding on till the next awesome keyboard phone are the same people waiting for those old laser disks to catch on lmao. Let go of your high hopes of a good hw keyboard phone coming out. Its never going to happen. Like many said already, its either you want and will always get the best software (GNex) or get the current best hardware that's only going to last a few months till the next "superior" phone comes out (HTC).

★★| Π§4G | ÅØKP | ÄÎR K€RÑ£L | ÃMØL£D BLÛĒ THËM€ |★★

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Just thought about the evo.. non removeable battery... bootloops and your screwed. It simulates a reboot when you hold the volume rockers and the power button. No way to get into recovery... until its dead.

Its been rumoured the s3 is going to have a non-removable battery, as well as no sd card slot.

Also you will still get that 50$ in your google wallet even if you don't preorder it but, get the nexus and activate your Gwallet within 7 days after the 22nd =]. Ordering it Sunday night, can't wait for my gnex.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am 45 days away from my upgrade. I have a Epic 4G which has been a POS from day 1. GPS has never worked properly, seldom updated, 4G radio sleeps in the middle of browsing, and the phone now requires resets every 12 hours (otherwise it'll shut down on its own at a random time after). Reinstalling the OS does nothing. It's never been jailbroken because it always errored out when I attempted to. After is crashed and corrupted my SD card in January, I was ready to toss it.

You said jailbroken your whole argument is invalid. And the epic 4g is a powerhorse.. you were just poorly informed, sorry. Also you had only one point that the gps didnt work... which theres a fix for. You dont reinstall the OS you restore the ROM which is different... You need to learn a few things :) just saying.... FWIW.
    ill wait till its a penny on amazon.
    Wow, I stopped by to see where everyone was headed. I expected to see a higher S3 count. I am torn between the same 2 phones for my June 1 update. Looks like I will be seeing many of you soon though. I have more fun with my Nexus now than when I first got it so I am leaning towards GNex but if the May 7th announcement blows me away i may change my mind and have an S2 and S3. I am kinda glad I can't upgrade until 6/! because I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation!

Sent from either ET4G or NS4G using Xparent Tapatalk 2
    Gnex is amazing ;)
    Within a few mins of having it I was flashing CM9 thru twrp
    Im not regretting getting it at all screw the SGS3 :p
    Haha I'm in same situation .. spent all my money during the "holiday" that just passed so I gotta wait a little :eek:

That Kush?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium