[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - galaxysmtd - Milestone 6

How would you like your memory cards to be set up stock?

• Samsung: /emmc external, /sdcard internal

Votes: 156 66.7%
  • Normal: /sdcard external, /emmc internal

Votes: 58 24.8%
  • Build both because I am indecisive.

Votes: 20 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

yahyoh

Nov 7, 2011
Amman
To me, no big deal....if emmc is external or internal or sdcard is internal ou external...as long things work fine....

I just went back to my previous rom, Milestone 5.2... Things gonna stay the same, i see no point to upgrade to B35....

here too i'm still on m 5.2 i see many problems in b35 hope every think fix soon then i will update :D

acmilan77051

May 10, 2011
in build 35, there is no option like 'select to copy files' when i plug in the usb, only usb debugging connected notification is shown, now can't transfer files through usb..everything went fine in build 31,seems like i have to go to M5 now..

fishears

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2010
github.com
Updating to the fixed version! Thanks for the info ;)

I wouldn't flash the fixed version posted by six, me & others have reported some bugs and they still need to be confirmed and commented on by him. Better to just get the /system/etc/vold.fstab from the fixed version zip and use it to replace the one in the original b35 zip - then flash that zip...

groksteady

Feb 6, 2012
Shanghai
Are you using the b35 with the mount points switched? If so you need to move your DCIM folder from internal to your external SD Card

thanks fishears, I think I'm getting on the right track with this AOSP standard now. I'm using the original b35, not the one that six posted.

What folders need to get moved so apps can access them with the AOSP standard? Originally, Rom Toolbox could find my backups, but I could see them in manual recovery. I copied the Clockworkmod folder from emmc to sdcard, and now Rom Toolbox sees them. But I don't know where they should truly be kept -- I suspect that when I make another nandroid (in manual recovery), it'll get put in emmc and Rom Toolbox won't see it. I saw another thing that mentioned copying over sdcard/Android and sdcard/data to emmc. All seems to work fine for now, but I have redundancies everywhere.

I don't really care either what the storages are named, and I'm not all hot to get them back to how Samsung did it. But considering that all future builds/releases will probably sdcard=external, I'd like to switch over whichever folders I need to now.

ALESSIO94x

Nov 23, 2011
Rome
ideosblog.altervista.org
I wouldn't flash the fixed version posted by six, me & others have reported some bugs and they still need to be confirmed and commented on by him. Better to just get the /system/etc/vold.fstab from the fixed version zip and use it to replace the one in the original b35 zip - then flash that zip...

Can you please upload the correct vold.fstab (I have not yet downloaded the B35 fixed version, so if you please can upload only this file, you would do me a big favour)?

fishears

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2010
github.com
thanks fishears, I think I'm getting on the right track with this AOSP standard now. I'm using the original b35, not the one that six posted.

What folders need to get moved so apps can access them with the AOSP standard? Originally, Rom Toolbox could find my backups, but I could see them in manual recovery. I copied the Clockworkmod folder from emmc to sdcard, and now Rom Toolbox sees them. But I don't know where they should truly be kept -- I suspect that when I make another nandroid (in manual recovery), it'll get put in emmc and Rom Toolbox won't see it. I saw another thing that mentioned copying over sdcard/Android and sdcard/data to emmc. All seems to work fine for now, but I have redundancies everywhere.

I don't really care either what the storages are named, and I'm not all hot to get them back to how Samsung did it. But considering that all future builds/releases will probably sdcard=external, I'd like to switch over whichever folders I need to now.

What do you mean "redundencies"? If you move the folders from internal storage to sdcard then all should work. Did your picture preview come back when you moved "DCIM"?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

darixtorento

Apr 21, 2011
guys i still have problems with the market..
I have done all the steps mentioned in general UI settings, and the market works fine(DPI 240), but whenever I change my DPI to 200, some market apps (facebook, youtube and more..) become invisible and I cant download/ see those apps.
in market it says on facebook app "your device sn't compatible with this version"

(im using AOKP B35, SGS1, Devil kernel)

PLEASE HELP ME, THANK!!

groksteady

Feb 6, 2012
Shanghai
What do you mean "redundencies"? If you move the folders from internal storage to sdcard then all should work. Did your picture preview come back when you moved "DCIM"?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

redundancies because I copied these folders, not moved. I had them in both sdcard and emmc.

I wasn't the one who posted about the picture preview problem in the camera. I just ran with your answer. I copied all photos in emmc/DCIM over to sdcard/DCIM and deleted the folder from emmc. This sorts out a lot better in my Gallery, and yeah, the picture preview is there. So this works, thanks.

I posted bc I wasn't sure what folders should be where, especially ones created by apps ages ago.

for instance: After the switch to emmc=internal, I no longer saw my nandroid backups in Rom Toolbox, only in manual recovery. (not a big deal, just an example.) Today I copied the Clockworkmod folder over to sdcard, and they were viewable both ways. Just now I deleted the folder from emmc. They're still viewable in Rom Toolbox, but in manual recovery, they're under "restore from internal sd". So that must mean that manual recovery believes that "sdcard" is internal, not external, right?

This is driving me bat****, because I can't keep this straight in my head, and feel like I have to write down every step I do to remember. Anyway, it's moot for now; everything is working. But if there is a preferred place for some of these folders (like sdcard/Android or sdcard/data) someone please tell me.

betovanbuuren

Apr 22, 2011
Guadalajara

Bejda

Feb 12, 2011
Don't know much about issues related to sd swap cause i didn't stay long in the "inverted" configuration,it could certainly have avantages and for us to get used to it but it's a matter of choice too so...
Note that the zip doesn't include vold.conf but i don't think it's needed.

Here's the guy who made this great french topic:
http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4546700
If it helps he deserves the thanks ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Smartg2os

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
guys i still have problems with the market..
I have done all the steps mentioned in general UI settings, and the market works fine(DPI 240), but whenever I change my DPI to 200, some market apps (facebook, youtube and more..) become invisible and I cant download/ see those apps.
in market it says on facebook app "your device sn't compatible with this version"

(im using AOKP B35, SGS1, Devil kernel)

PLEASE HELP ME, THANK!!

First off, you posted that a page or two back, please do not spam the thread. Second, you are using first of all an unsupported kernel, and a DPI that isn't stock. I will not be providing you with support, use stock DPI or don't complain.

Smartg2os

Mar 15, 2012
Tours
garageupdate.com
Don't know much about issues related to sd swap cause i didn't stay long in the "inverted" configuration,it could certainly have avantages and for us to get used to it but it's a matter of choice too so...
Note that the zip doesn't include vold.conf but i don't think it's needed.

Here's the guy who made this great french topic:
http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4546700
If it helps he deserves the thanks ;)

I've just updated my add-ons and added the right vold.conf in each zip. ;)
Press ctrl+s or cmd+s to download, firefox can block download popup, just allow and retry
InvertedSDcards (included in Build 35)
NormalSDcardsMount
I use Drive instead of Dropbox to prevent unalvailability due to bandwidth exeeding.
Don't forget credits if you share my add-ons and press the thanks button! ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png

changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. Flash latest THS build (just to clean up from other devices build.prop issues)
    5. flash AOKP
    6. flash Gapps
    7. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Think of builds as "nightlies." They are the latest and greatest, but they may contain bugs. Find Romanns builds here.
    Find my builds here

Milestone releases are an accumulation of builds before it. They are intended to be bug free and "complete." Find milestones here.

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Romann
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

submit features or report bugs here

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Reserved
    10char
    Nvm disregard this post, i just figured that build 32 is using glitch kernel aka ****tiest kernel ever made.
    For what cause does aokp use it? im tired of bootlooping back to stock hai odin.

Don't worry, I don't like your work either. Oh wait.....
    I'll build a HugeRAM build 29/30 combo today hopefully.
    Long week at work + long week on android = six shouldn't be posting on XDA. sorry to anyone I snapped at. One way to help keep this thread effective: if three people have posted about an issue and its not their fault, everyone probably has it. Unless you have a solution, I don't need 20 people saying they have the problem, it just clutters up the thread. I read every post, so I did see it, and I do my best to respond with what I know about the issue in a timely manner.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5