hardcover book case?

Search This thread

codemansGT

Apr 30, 2011
Has anyone seen a case for the note 3 that is like a hardcover book? If anyone has seen the ones made by portenzo and/or dodocase you know what i'm talking about.

theorioles33

Feb 15, 2011
Like this?

These are on eBay for $16.

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 696

codemansGT

Apr 30, 2011
I have found some make by a Korean company called araree. You can find them at zoarah.com, they have a polycarbonate shell on the inside. I haven't bought one yet because I have the wireless back cover and afraid it won't fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

blame8008

Dec 2, 2013
I have found some make by a Korean company called araree. You can find them at zoarah.com, they have a polycarbonate shell on the inside. I haven't bought one yet because I have the wireless back cover and afraid it won't fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Same. I found some from ARAREE (see the 1st pic)

Then there are a few others from ebay.
2nd pic >> seller: shop-leather
3rd pic (and way hilarious imo) >> seller: casemate_168

Attachments

• araree.jpg
    araree.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 358
  • ebay.JPG
    ebay.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:

strider5236

Feb 17, 2014
Santa Fe
I purchased one from amaz0n on Friday. It should be here tomorrow. I will take pics and post them as soon as it comes in. :good:

strider5236

Feb 17, 2014
Santa Fe
I am very happy with the quality of this case. The one issue I had with it was that it had no clasp. I do not like the idea of dropping this and having the front flip open and it land screen down. That would kind of defeat the whole purpose of having a case like this. So I modified mine with a leather strap and button clip to close it.

20140223_140915.jpg

20140223_140923.jpg

20140223_140932.jpg

20140223_140944.jpg

mainstang

May 4, 2008
I am very happy with the quality of this case. The one issue I had with it was that it had no clasp. I do not like the idea of dropping this and having the front flip open and it land screen down. That would kind of defeat the whole purpose of having a case like this. So I modified mine with a leather strap and button clip to close it.

View attachment 2596818

View attachment 2596819

View attachment 2596820

View attachment 2596822

I was about to buy this case how does the leather feel on it real or fake?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

strider5236

Feb 17, 2014
Santa Fe
I was about to buy this case how does the leather feel on it real or fake?

It feels like real leather as I believe it is. Granted it is thin as they use hard backing to make up most of the thickness, but it is holding up very well and I am very pleased with the quality. I get compliments on it all the time when I go shopping or to the bank.:good:

mainstang

May 4, 2008
It feels like real leather as I believe it is. Granted it is thin as they use hard backing to make up most of the thickness, but it is holding up very well and I am very pleased with the quality. I get compliments on it all the time when I go shopping or to the bank.:good:

Dang I got the bear motion leather wallet case instead because of not knowing for sure.

strider5236

Feb 17, 2014
Santa Fe
Dang I got the bear motion leather wallet case instead because of not knowing for sure.

Well that one looks nice to. I think they both use the same leather. At least that is what it looks like. The only reason I did not go with that one is that I wanted four card slots rather then three. I like the clear fourth slot for the ID so I do not have to pull out my DL all the time. But that seems to be the only difference I can tell as far as quality and function. At least yours comes with a clasp so you do not have to modify like I did.

Last edited:

sanjsrik

Good looking, impractical, unusable case

I ordered the Design case from the company in China directly, the price is reasonable and they seem to have a reasonable return policy. I'll post pictures/review when I get it.

So, got the case today. It's highly impractical for everyday use.

* It has VERY sharp corners so do NOT put it in your pockets.
* If you want to text, the cover part bends behind and is IN the way of your left hand while you text
* The cover doesn't close flush with the device screen when closed and sitting on a desk
* The material, while it seems sturdy, feels REALLY cheap and made out of cardboard. Just feels cheap.
* If you fold the cover back when you place this case on your desk, it sits VERY awkwardly on the desk at a weird angle.
* If you want to take a picture, HOW do you take a picture with the cover closed? The camera is exposed in the back, but how if you open the cover and it hangs down, it is just * impractical to take pictures.
* The inside cover of the case is cardboard. I would NEVER put a card (only room for one) in the slot. I would be VERY afraid of it ripping and the card falling out.

I'm not sure when this is meant to be used? If you hold the device in your hand and you are playing a game or texting, the cover is very bulky that makes it very difficult to use in your hands.

All in all, I wouldn't use this as an every day case. It's a LOT more bulky when opened back on itself for use.
The sharp corners are SCARY in my pocket. I scratched my leg at least 4 times during the course of 3 hours.

The case is now sitting on my desk unused.

Recommendation:

Nice idea. Bad execution. Impractical case.

Last edited: