[Q] HTC One - Camera Green Tint

Search This thread

ananbanka

Aug 1, 2012
Bangalore
Hello,

Ever since updating to a Sense 6 ROM, I'm facing a green tint issue with the One's camera.
This tint is present on any Sense based ROM, even Stock 5.5!

No matter what I do (factory reset, internal storage wipe etc.) the issue persists.

The issue does not persist on AOSP based ROMs. So I know it can't be a hardware issue.

I've read about the AWB file replacement, but for that, I'd have to S-Off and use M8s file (which some users report are resulting in grainy photographs).

I'm S-On and have never flashed a firmware separately, although the settings info has always displayed the latest firmware upon flashing a new ROM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not to keen on moving to AOSP now, and I take a lot of pictures. So I really need to fix the green tint issue.

Regards,
Anan

gustav30

Jul 20, 2010
LG G8X ThinQ
Hello,

Ever since updating to a Sense 6 ROM, I'm facing a green tint issue with the One's camera.
This tint is present on any Sense based ROM, even Stock 5.5!

No matter what I do (factory reset, internal storage wipe etc.) the issue persists.

The issue does not persist on AOSP based ROMs. So I know it can't be a hardware issue.

I've read about the AWB file replacement, but for that, I'd have to S-Off and use M8s file (which some users report are resulting in grainy photographs).

I'm S-On and have never flashed a firmware separately, although the settings info has always displayed the latest firmware upon flashing a new ROM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not to keen on moving to AOSP now, and I take a lot of pictures. So I really need to fix the green tint issue.

Regards,
Anan

Being s-on there is not much you can do. Even s-off not much except try to replace the awb file.

What I do on Sense roms is change the camera mode to a scene like portrait or use night mode in low light indoor situations. In fact on Sense 6 I've created a couple of custom cameras for night mode. Also what you can do is change the tint down a half step or minus a whole step and that will help with the tint indoors. I've created a custom camera for -1 on tint.