[Q] question before updating to wicked v10

Search This thread
Jun 29, 2014
hello, i have galaxy s4 tmobile, so i was wondering what do i need to do before updating to wicked v10?

i was reading around and ive found what that i need to upgrade my baseband and maybe my kernel as well

this is what i have right now

Android version - 4.2.2
Baseband version - m919uvuamdl
Kernel version - 3.4.5-gb6f925f-dirty
ptmr3@ptmr3-inspiron-N5110 #1

Build number - WICKED_v8

what do i need to update to v10 with no problems

thanks

Last edited:

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River
I'm guessing you are already rooted so just flash the v10 ROM.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Wicked v10 comes with a different kernel that is better for performance. If you want a kernel for better battery life, just search and read different ones that you may like. You should also update your Baseband to NB4. It is the newest from tmo

Reactions: AbsoluteAndroid
Jun 29, 2014

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Wicked v10 comes with a different kernel that is better for performance. If you want a kernel for better battery life, just search and read different ones that you may like. You should also update your Baseband to NB4. It is the newest from tmo

yes i am rooted and i have wicked v8 installed

as far as kernel goes, the one it comes with is good enough for me, i dont want to mess with it

for baseband i will update to NB4, dose it matter if wicked v10 is mk2 based? so i should get mk2? or it will work with NB4
my other question is, do i need to do it before the flash or after?

thanks a lot, i really appreciate it

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River
NB4 will give you better signal strength. You can flash via Odin before or after, it doesn't matter. Just make sure to flash it twice. After the first flash pull the battery, boot back into DL mode and flash again. Just search how to flash NB4 modem and get the file and instructions. Oh and v10 comes with a different kernel so remember the one you have now in case you don't like ktoonz kernel

Jun 29, 2014
NB4 will give you better signal strength. You can flash via Odin before or after, it doesn't matter. Just make sure to flash it twice. After the first flash pull the battery, boot back into DL mode and flash again. Just search how to flash NB4 modem and get the file and instructions. Oh and v10 comes with a different kernel so remember the one you have now in case you don't like ktoonz kernel

okay cool, i will give it a try and hopefully everything goes smoothly

thanks again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.