Galaxy Mega 6.3 That can be Modded

Search This thread

nitromuscle

Jun 18, 2014
I have a really dumb question.

I love playing around with Android phones and installing CWM, ROMs and so on.

I have an AT&T Mega 6.3 and the issue is, I cannot do ANYTHING to this guy. Now that I'm on 4.4 I cannot even ROOT lol..

I see there are some AMAZING ROMs for the Mega i9200 but they will NOT flash on my AT&T Mega.

Question is: What Carrier or Version of the Mega should I buy so that I can have my fun playing? Or, is there a way to CRACK this AT&T version that I am missing?

If it even matters, I use mine on Straight Talk and don't care about any warranty.

vetalik

Mar 14, 2010
I have a really dumb question.

I love playing around with Android phones and installing CWM, ROMs and so on.

I have an AT&T Mega 6.3 and the issue is, I cannot do ANYTHING to this guy. Now that I'm on 4.4 I cannot even ROOT lol..

I see there are some AMAZING ROMs for the Mega i9200 but they will NOT flash on my AT&T Mega.

Question is: What Carrier or Version of the Mega should I buy so that I can have my fun playing? Or, is there a way to CRACK this AT&T version that I am missing?

If it even matters, I use mine on Straight Talk and don't care about any warranty.

Either I get lucky or maybe they are different but I have a metropcs mega and I have tried every rom that is available with only one hick up. When someone calls me the screen stays black no matter what I do until they hang up, if i do get the screen on nothing happens. Only with KitKat roms. My neighbor has the att version and ive installed four different roms on his without an issue.

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Either I get lucky or maybe they are different but I have a metropcs mega and I have tried every rom that is available with only one hick up. When someone calls me the screen stays black no matter what I do until they hang up, if i do get the screen on nothing happens. Only with KitKat roms. My neighbor has the att version and ive installed four different roms on his without an issue.

You sure about that?

Please explain to everyone else that has ATT version i527, how you flashed when there is no recovery. So many inquiring minds would love to know.

As far as the i527M, which I do not have, is apparently ok to flash anything from SILESH NAIR. Dont hold my word as scripture, but I beleive only the ATT is being strangled by the locked bootloader issue.

Please correct me if I am wrong, we are all learning constantly, but if you have successfully flashed a rom on ATT version......please step over to one of the many threads created in development and share your wisdom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app

vetalik

Mar 14, 2010
sequence otkgrmet

Ill try and snap some pictures of it with kitkat on it and recovery Monday.

vetalik

Mar 14, 2010
wrong info

I take it back what I stated prior. reason I thought it was an att phone is because the guy swapped the internals with a 9205 unlocked motherboard into an att case leading me to think that it was. I apologize for the misinformation

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
I take it back what I stated prior. reason I thought it was an att phone is because the guy swapped the internals with a 9205 unlocked motherboard into an att case leading me to think that it was. I apologize for the misinformation

No apologies necessary. Just busting your chops a bit. If there was a recovery for ATT, folks wouod be all over it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app