[How-To] Root G900VVRU1ANE9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
**Make certain that your reactivation lock in security settings is off before beginning this process.**

1. Take the NCG to NE9 OTA Update or flash the G900VVRU1ANE9 Retail tar in PDA slot in Odin(AP in Odin v3.09+).
2. Place your phone into "Download Mode" (press and hold the Home, Volume Down, and Power keys until the phone powers on and displays warning screen, then press Volume Up key).
3. Flash the G900V_NCG_Stock_Kernel using Odin's PDA slot(AP in Odin v3.09+).
4. Root using Towelroot.
5. Power off then boot into "Download Mode" again.
6. Flash the G900V_NE9_Stock_Kernel also in Odin's PDA slot(AP in Odin v3.09+). Done!

Notes: After flashing the NCG kernel your phone may run a little wonky and towelroot may not root on the first try. If that happens reboot and try towelroot once again. Once rooted and after flashing the NE9 kernel your phone will run like a champ again!

Important!: Do not skip any steps or you may experience issues with your device after following this process.

Video Tutorials:

Video by @Tomsgt How to Root the Verizon Galaxy S5 NE9 OTA update

Video Demo by @owenbeals For The NE9 Root Method

Credits:
@open1your1eyes0
@Misterxtc
@FlairDevil

Last edited:

owenrg

Mar 2, 2011
1. Take the NCG to NE9 OTA Update.
2. Flash the G900V_NCG_Stock_Kernel
3. Re-Root using Towelroot
4. Flash the G900V_NE9_Stock_Kernel. Done!

Notes: After flashing the NCG kernel your phone may run a little wonky and towelroot may not root on the first try. If that happens reboot and try towelroot once again. Once rooted and after flashing the NE9 kernel your phone will run like a champ again!

Credits:
@open1your1eyes0
@Misterxtc
@FlairDevil

I flashed back to stock (NCG), Re-rooted, flashed the NE9 kernel and still have root but i'm still on the NCG build. Is that what's supposed to happen? I got a message asking to take the OTA update... did i miss something?

Thanks so much for all your work so far!

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
Sorry, i did do step one. i took the OTA update (while rooted), then flashed back to stock NCG, re rooted, then flashed the NE9 kernel. I've re-booted a couple of times and still have the NCG build, still rooted.

Why did you flash back to the NCG build? The instructions state to flash the NCG kernel after taking the NE9 OTA.

Reactions: sbtm and owenrg

owenrg

Mar 2, 2011
Why did you flash back to the NCG build? The instructions state to flash the NCG kernel after taking the NE9 OTA.

Holy hell... I'm an idiot. Thanks for that.

I've been staring at this problem for a couple of hours (i'm a noob, sorry) and didn't catch that.

oops. Sorry about the needless post.

I ACTUALLY followed the directions and it works great. Took the long way around i guess. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: muniz_ri

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City

Holy hell... I'm an idiot. Thanks for that.

I've been staring at this problem for a couple of hours (i'm a noob, sorry) and didn't catch that.

oops. Sorry about the needless post.

I ACTUALLY followed the directions and it works great. Took the long way around i guess. Thanks guys!

I feel bad for saying so but I have to admit this kind of made me lol. :good:

Reactions: mandie_maie

Tomsgt

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
Does safe strap affect this process at all? Can I leave it the way it is or should I take any kind of precautions before proceeding?

The ota should update w/safestrap installed. However it may fail if other system files have been modified or deleted. No other precautions or prerequisites are required.

Reactions: bill15872
G

GuestK00143

1. Take the NCG to NE9 OTA Update.
2. Flash the G900V_NCG_Stock_Kernel
3. Re-Root using Towelroot
4. Flash the G900V_NE9_Stock_Kernel. Done!

Video by @Tomsgt How to Root the Verizon Galaxy S5 NE9 OTA update

Credits:
@open1your1eyes0
@Misterxtc
@FlairDevil

You need to add install busybox and SafeStrap after running Towelroot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts