WiFi Hotspot

Search This thread

savoritz

Sep 15, 2012
You need to install a User Agent add on so you can change it on your computer. I use it all day long on my laptop with out the up sale page popping up.

This is the one i use for Chrome - User-Agent Switcher for Chrome

–user-agent=”Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16”

That or use a VPN and you won't have issues with tethering upsell redirect.

caodangra

Jun 20, 2010
virginia beach
You need to install a User Agent add on so you can change it on your computer. I use it all day long on my laptop with out the up sale page popping up.

This is the one i use for Chrome - User-Agent Switcher for Chrome

–user-agent=”Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16”

yes I used user agent too. I thought this Wifi tether Router would bypass the Tmobile upsell page wihout using Agent. thank

TheArtiszan

Jun 12, 2009
What vpn do you recommend?
I tried hot spot shield on my tablet before, but as soon as I enable it data don't flow anymore over the hotspot.
Haven't tried on the phone though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Does anyone have a working WiFi Hotspot fix?

-NJ

Just a heads up, buddy. I flashed TWRP via Odin (from our root thread) and then flashed the Omega v1.2 ROM for the International S5 (there's a thread here for it, I can link you if need be). Hotspot works fine out of the box!

Plus, you can also have the pleasure of saying you tried the first custom ROM for the S5. Everything appears to be working as well, so I'm gonna stick with this. No CIQ, no Knox, Hotspot is a go.... I'm a happy camper now!