[Q] Bluetooth dongle with Nexus 7 - is it possible?

Search This thread

shlape

Oct 22, 2013
The merry ol' land of Aus
I have been looking online for some time to see if there's a custom ROM for the Nexus 7 2013 , a HOW-TO guide, or an app which would allow me to use a bluetooth dongle via an OTG cable. Unfortunately I have yet to find anything.

I tried to recompile a Cyanogenmod kernel with btusb (one attempt within the kernel and the other as a module). The compile failed saying that btusb is returning an invalid pointer type.

My questions are, has anyone succeeded in doing this? I have seen posts about people discussing inserting the btusb module for other devices.
Is the Nexus 7 (2013) device unable to utilise this kernel module? Can anyone suggest what I may try or where I should look.

More details of what I've done to date are on request. I didn't want to write a long-winded post in the unlikelihood it will be answered.

Thank you.

Last edited:

shlape

Oct 22, 2013
The merry ol' land of Aus
I've (similarly) asked this question several times across a number of different fora with no response to date.
Is asking for external usb bluetooth support for a Nexus 7 (2013) a 'taboo' topic?

Sorry if I offended anyone.

The best I've managed to-date was to attempt a kernel recompile with btusb included (both in-built and as a module) but without success, ie. compilation ends in error. Is the btusb module incompatible for this architecture?