[Q] Flashing ROM failure

Search This thread

Manganese

Jul 13, 2014
Hi,

Yesterday I went to flash CyanogenMod 11 on my Galaxy s4 (GT19505) and it wouldn't work. The first time, it started then went to a black screen. I turned my phone back on to find it wouldn't boot up at all (I waited over 10 minutes for it). I can access recovery mode, and when I did it again, it said md5 couldn't be found.

I used Odin to flash the most recent CT auto root and then moved over TWRP (with Odin) and I had no trouble with these.

I accidentally moved TWRP 2.5 over instead of 2.7. I was running 4.4 KitKat on my phone. Could it be 2.7 isn't compatible with CM 11?

Help!?

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
It should just work.

Flash the latest TWRP or Philz.
Perform a full wipe.
Flash Cyanogenmod.

What version are you trying to flash from Cyanogenmod? Use the nightlys and if one doesn't work try the version before that one.

ps you can skip the step nexttime about flashing cf-auto root. You don't have to do this. You can just flash the recovery you want.

Manganese

Jul 13, 2014

It should just work.

Flash the latest TWRP or Philz.
Perform a full wipe.
Flash Cyanogenmod.

What version are you trying to flash from Cyanogenmod? Use the nightlys and if one doesn't work try the version before that one.

ps you can skip the step nexttime about flashing cf-auto root. You don't have to do this. You can just flash the recovery you want.

I'm using a stable version. I haven't downloaded any latest ones. How would i do that if I can't access the phone? Boot it to download then go from there?

ipois0n1

Nov 24, 2013
are you sure you (even) flashed a (compatible) kernel?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app on OmegaRom v19

Manganese

Jul 13, 2014
Is there any difference between 19500 and 19505? I'll try a new CM download...knowing my uncertainty I probably got an incompatible rom.

How stable are the nightlies?

Manganese

Jul 13, 2014
Now my password isn't working for some reason. I did a restore with TWRP and now I can get into my phone. Fix?

Manganese

Jul 13, 2014
Now my password isn't working for some reason. I did a restore with TWRP and now I can get into my phone. Fix?