• Poll closed on OP request!

Votes: 303 88.9%
  • Poll closed on OP request!

Votes: 42 12.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
Im wondering if the gui is looking for things in the wrong place? Especially since x64 OSs have two program files directories.

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
Ok fixed it.

The directory you unRAR the encoder to has to be in the route of C drive, not on any other drive. I have 4 hard drives and it didnt like being on any other drive.

SingaporeAirlines

Nov 3, 2008
Hertfordshire
Followed the steps and installed that CCCP thing.

Attachments

• fasdfdfadf.jpg
    fasdfdfadf.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 108

projection

Nov 8, 2008
Ok fixed it.

The directory you unRAR the encoder to has to be in the route of C drive, not on any other drive. I have 4 hard drives and it didnt like being on any other drive.

That makes no sense at all...
It should work from any folder, unless it's a Vista Quirk.

I am running mine from d:\aaa\bbb\xxx\yy\zzz and it works just fine...
I will upload a new version now, as well as some better detailed instructions of how to send me log files.

Then we can troubleshoot the problem better.

Edit: I have uploaded a new version of the encoder and added some more information.

Last edited:

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
No idea, but the same directory on my other 3 drives wont work, it has to be on C. Output looks good, trying a full HD movie now to see how it looks.

projection

Nov 8, 2008
Download the new version and put it in another directory together with the tools folder and run with -debug.
I'll see then what the problem might be.

If you encode HD, use 750kbit/s bitrate, 500 will generate some blockiness with HD sources.

poceh

Sep 25, 2007
Sofia
www.poceh.com
Here it comes the first log file, when trying to convert VOB file.

I'm not sure why I'm still getting warning to start the program with "-debug" param when it has already been started with it :)

Attachments

• log.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 44

SingaporeAirlines

Nov 3, 2008
Hertfordshire
11:47:27 Starting to convert D:\Desperate.Housewives.S05E07.HDTV.XviD-XOXO.avi to C:/Users/Singapore Airlines/Desktop/Desperate.Housewives.S05E07.HDTV.XviD-XOXO.mp4
11:47:27 Executing x264 with args: C:/Touch HD Converter/tools/x264.bat --level 30 --pass 1 --progress --me dia --no-cabac --vbv-maxrate 1000 --vbv-bufsize 2000 --subme 0 --partitions none --bitrate 500 --threads auto -o NUL temp.avs
11:47:29 Error encoding video...

Chris Cross

Nov 29, 2008
Just a couple of question for Chris Cross, who success in using this program.

1. What OS u on?
2. Do u uninstall everycodec u had before?
3. Do u install Avisynth and CCCOdec pack as suggested?

Cheers

1. I am using Vista Home Premium 32 bit
2. I only have K-lite codec on my computer. I did not uninstall anything before trying this program.
3. I intalled Avisynth as suggested. However, I did not install CCCodec pack, because everything worked fine with the K-lite codec I already had.

I also wanted to say that I tried encoding an xvid video last night (about 200MB). The first ten minutes were perfect, but after that the video was extremely choppy and audio remained okay.
HOWEVER, soon after I started the conversion process, I had a lot of other programs running and downloads going - like youtube and others. I noticed my computer was lagging a bit in general, so I get the feeling that I overloaded it and the conversion process might have suffered. I did not get any error messages.
Will try that same video again today but without overloading my computer. :) I'll report back on it.

Cheers

EDIT: You can read the results after I tried it again. See this post.

Last edited:

projection

Nov 8, 2008
What do you mean about "warning"?

I don't really have any dialog boxes in, that should warn you about anything except missing files.

As for mpeg/vob...
I made a 1.02 version, which should fix some file formats support, including mpeg/vob.
Going to update first post now.

projection

Nov 8, 2008
11:47:27 Starting to convert D:\Desperate.Housewives.S05E07.HDTV.XviD-XOXO.avi to C:/Users/Singapore Airlines/Desktop/Desperate.Housewives.S05E07.HDTV.XviD-XOXO.mp4
11:47:27 Executing x264 with args: C:/Touch HD Converter/tools/x264.bat --level 30 --pass 1 --progress --me dia --no-cabac --vbv-maxrate 1000 --vbv-bufsize 2000 --subme 0 --partitions none --bitrate 500 --threads auto -o NUL temp.avs
11:47:29 Error encoding video...
And there are no other lines between 47:27 and 47:29?
Can you try running x264.exe from command line and see if it even runs at all?
You might need the 64bit version perhaps...

sameerabedi

Sep 16, 2008
So far I'm getting the same message as many others "Unable to encode". With the latest version (1.0.1 beta) it's asking me to run with debug to generate a log file - I'm being a bit dense this morning, how do I run it with debug in order to generate a log file?

Thanks

poceh

Sep 25, 2007
Sofia
www.poceh.com
I mean the error window where it states: "Audio encoding failed. Rerun with -debug and post the generated log.txt file!" although it has been run with debug param, but it's OK, not a big deal :)

Thanks, I'll try now with the next version.

projection

Nov 8, 2008
Create a shortcut to Encoder.exe.

Right-click on the shortcut and select "Properties".
Add -debug after Encoder.exe in the "Target".

After that it will make you a log.txt file, which you can upload here.

projection

Nov 8, 2008
I mean the error window where it states: "Audio encoding failed. Rerun with -debug and post the generated log.txt file!" although it has been run with debug param, but it's OK, not a big deal :)

Thanks, I'll try now with the next version.

I see what you mean.
This is purely cosmetical though ... I'll fix it for next version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction:
    Since there have been massive problems playing back video on the newer HTC devices, I thought I'd step in...
    Below is a GUI, to ease the pain of getting nicely watchable videos on the Touch HD, Xperia, Diamond and Touch Pro.
    Any device with MSM720x chipset should work, just make sure to select the correct video resolution.
    I would like to give a lot of thanks to tnyynt for helping me test and find the best parameters.

Current version: 1.21
    gui.png

Instructions:
    1. Download http://gm.mainframe.no/stuff/Encoder.rar
    2. Unpack the RAR to a directory of your choosing (on your computer).
    3. Run Encoder.exe
    4. Select the videos you would like to encode and the output folder, hit "Start!". If you like you can tweak the options, but the pre-set options will produce good video for the four devices mentioned above.
    5. Once finished encoding, transfer the encoded video to your device and use Album (or WMP) to view them.

Do not use Coreplayer and complain about performance! Coreplayer can not utilize hardware acceleration yet and is slow!

If your source videos are SD (DVD, PAL etc), use the default 600 kbit/s or 500kbit/s.
    If your source videos are HD (1080p/720p), use 750kbit/s.

Remember, there is absolutely no point to use higher bitrate, because the quality won't really increase and you will use more battery life with higher bitrate! Also, if you are using less than WVGA resolution, you can apply less bitrate. The approximate formula is (YourWidth*YourHeight)/(800*480)*bitrate. So as example for QVGA you would use 4x less bitrate.

Source code:
    Run: svn co svn://sirius.aai.ee/xda/Encoder/trunk
    Anonymous access is read-only. If you wish to contribute, PM me for commit rights.
    License for the code is GPLv2 for now.

Support:
    If you like this tool and it works for you, please donate!
    It took a lot of effort to find the optimal video settings and to code the GUI. It would also motivate me further to add some features such as hardsubbing and continue development of the tool.

Enjoy, and I await your feedback.