Nexus One USB host driver

Search This thread

chesh420

Jul 13, 2009
Is there instructions of how to setup, or just someone saying what the pre-req's were and a video showing that it works? Not ready for prime-time?

sonic74

Jan 3, 2010
Schwabach
sven.killig.de
Last edited:

Clarkster

Mar 23, 2007
Sooke
I would recommend changing the youtube embed to a normal size. I did not even notice the links at the bottom, plus it was too wide for my browser window. If someone wants to watch it fullscreen they can do it themselves.

Clarkster

Mar 23, 2007
Sooke
That's better. I'll just have to get a bigger monitor then :)

Other than my initial :eek: I don't have much else to say other than this is very cool and promising too.

Great work.

Kermee

Sep 1, 2009
I saw in the hardware list, you have a "USB Dual Power Cable" listed as one of the items. Does that go between the powered USB hub and the USB OTG cable?

Cheers,
Kermee

blisk

Mar 15, 2008
Yeah I'm confused on the "USB Dual Power Cable" and what exactly that is also. If you can a rough step by step on how you got it working could go along way as well.

I actually posted on reddit asking if I could link your post here.. must've missed it the first time quickly scanning. Congrats on figuring this out by the way.

royalcs

Feb 3, 2010
hi,
do you expect this to work for other phones as well?? like the motorola milestone once we can modify the kernel? Or is it very specific to the nexus one hardware?

Kermee

Sep 1, 2009
It's a Lenovo 45K5296:
shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?GroupID=38&Code=45K5296&current-category-id=F518DEACD67248538629B17343AFFB25

It's DisplayLink DL-195 based and so can do 2048x1536 over DVI. If you don't need that high a resolution, there are cheaper options. Or small USB monitors:
sven.killig.de/openwrt/slugterm_dl.html

Ah. Nice! Thanks for the clarification!

I was thinking of picking up a cheap StarTech USB2VGA off eBay for $30 USD. Since it works in an NSLU2, I'm assuming it should work too on the N1.

BTW- I have that exact same ASUS WL-500G Premium... It's a blast to hack!

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Kermee

TommyPickles

Jan 9, 2008
Sonic74, you've used a self-powered USB Hub. Is it possible to use less-intensive devices like USB Keyboard and Mouse without requiring it to be powered? Or is it a must to even work?

It's also a little confusing the binaries you've put up on your site atmo, since I presume some relate only to running X11 (ConnectBot etc) and others are for simpler things such as the keyboards? Can you make it clearer on the distinction of what's required to do what? Huge thanks.

Lastly, thanks for opening the world's eyes to the amazing possibilities with Android. The dawning that these are more than just phones, they are mobile computer devices that can be converted into gaming consoles or presentation devices or printers or scanners etc. is pretty epic :)

Top Liked Posts