[Q] Buy Transformer in store?

Search This thread

McSqueeb

Oct 25, 2010
London
I have loose reports that Best Buy is getting a "full tablet assortment" in May. (By loose reports I mean hearsay from a Best Buy Mobile manager.) My best guess would be next week or the one after.

cl191

Jun 18, 2010
I got mine from a B&M Frys store yesterday too, but I don't think it's gonna help since as far as I know the stores that had them only have *ONE* each.

I was there at 8:20 and when I was at the counter getting the papers printed, someone else was asking for it.

Ravynmagi

Nov 2, 2010
Surprisingly I picked up mine today at the Tempe, AZ Fry's store. Just saw it online around noon and ordered it for an in-store pickup.

Then I was nervous for the next few hours I had to stay at work hoping it wasn't a mistake or they wouldn't accidentally give it to someone else. But I got to Fry's and held my breath at the counter and it felt like it took her forever to retrieve it, but she finally came back with it in hand.

I thought for sure I was screwed and might be waiting weeks for this thing to come in stock since I'm not the type of person to spam F5 on NewEgg at 3 oclock in the morning or get in a line at a retail store (like the Apple folks do). Think I just got really lucky this time I guess. It was the last one at the store.

Attachments

• ohnoz.jpg
    ohnoz.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 24

d.brown

May 15, 2010
montreal
I've been to bb today and the guy who couldn't tell me specific details buy he did say they are changing the desktop space for tablets and in may they will definitely have all tablets... I think it's true they are pushing the playbook hard so they probably have to give it a exclusive launch schedule till may... gonna be a hot summer!

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

quietas

Apr 23, 2011
I've been trying to get a date out of my two local Best Buy shops and the best I have been able to get is a single sales girl who said they got an email yesterday morning that said BBY would not receive them until mid May. That's these two stores at least.

I'm still going to bug the crap out of them though until I get one because without a date in their system it can still arrive tomorrow.