[Rom][New] Fourth Bar 3.0 [Detailed Ics Theme|265 mb|Aroma Custom Installer][04/20]

Search This thread

fuego77

Oct 6, 2010
Very nice! I would switch to some of the Ics apps and Adw ex but they aren't free or have ads in them. It would be breaking the rules of the forum (and law) to remove the ads or have a payed app built into the Rom.

Also the ics messaging app has VERY buggy notifications =\ only reason I stopped using it

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA

Reactions: synergymike

craigtut

Aug 1, 2010
Alright everyone!

Version 3.0 is up! This will be the final major release. I say major release because there are still a few bugs that I will continue to work through and figure out but that won't happen for a month or so. I just simply don't have the time right now.

Between classes and work right now I'm incredibly busy and honestly a little stressed out. So I figured that I would go ahead and release 3.0 so you all can have fun and use it. Here are the issues with it

Wifi calling doesn't work
Battery info isn't displaying
And there is some black on the buttons in Accounts and Sync Settings

If you can live with that (I know I am) then its a perfectly functioning Rom.

Have fun!

asimons81

You're going to want to download again and flash again... I left something out of the first one. :mad:
LOL! DOH! Current link is good to go?

NVM -- I see it is upping now. No worries, man. Thanks for your hard work. I'll be doing a post about this on my site.

In the future, remind me to stop checking XDA at 3:30 in the morning. I'll be up forever now. :p

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

Also the ics messaging app has VERY buggy notifications =\ only reason I stopped using it

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA
Out of curiosity, is Beats Audio enable here? If not, will the known MOD play nicely?

Last edited:

craigtut

Aug 1, 2010
Ya, drop a link to your site when you do. Its almost done uploading now.

Beats unfortunately isn't working. I tried to put it in but it kills all the sound. I just tried cooking it in so you could always try just flashing it after and see if it works.

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
I just tried to flash it but it wouldnt flash the boot.img using 4EXT. Don't have a pc to use EKF so had to revert.

Wait....I sent this with Tapatalk?

asimons81

Beats unfortunately isn't working. I tried to put it in but it kills all the sound. I just tried cooking it in so you could always try just flashing it after and see if it works.

Will do. I will report back with the results too. My site is in my sig =) Prolly gonna do a video review too!

Reactions: craigtut

craigtut

Aug 1, 2010
I just tried to flash it but it wouldnt flash the boot.img using 4EXT. Don't have a pc to use EKF so had to revert.

Wait....I sent this with Tapatalk?

Ya, thats the part that I had to redo and fix... lol

The customizable install makes things a little crazy.

Will do. I will report back with the results too. My site is in my sig =) Prolly gonna do a video review too!

I have actually heard of OmgDroid! I think through one of the guys running Android Enthusiasts? Wait a minute, were you on one of their hangouts just a little bit ago? Well its up now so have fun!

Last edited:

Opentang

May 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
The updated ROM is absolutely beautiful, thank you for all your hard work!

Much appreciated, craigtut!

Last edited:
G

glacierguy

For the record... Poweramp + DSP > Beats

Sent from my Stock Rooted and Highly Customized HTC Ruby using Tapatalk

2kwic25

Dec 13, 2010
dang it im at work and cant flash the kernal from any of these computers i tried it anyway and i was in a boot loop lol so back to energy till im off

G

glacierguy

I'm trying to dl from my phone and can't... It starts but immediately says download unsuccessful

Sent from my HTC Amaze running Sense 3.5

spiz516

Mar 25, 2010
Any updated screen shots with the new theming and launcher? Looking forward to flashing when I get back to my computer!

craigtut

Aug 1, 2010
I am assuming I can just flash this over the test version I'm running, yes? No?

Sent from the morgue.

Should be fine. I just always wipe my device to keep it fresh.

I'm trying to dl from my phone and can't... It starts but immediately says download unsuccessful

Sent from my HTC Amaze running Sense 3.5

I've noticed the amaze sometimes screws up downloads. It worked fine downloading on mine so maybe try a restart and then download again.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ice Cream Sandwich is here! Sorta...

Fourth%20Bar%20Sense%20Ad.png

Fourth Bar is a highly themed and slimmed down Sense 3.0 Rom that is one of the few Roms to use the Aroma custom installer. This installer lets you decide what boot animation you would like, whether you want the led button lights on or off, and even which apps you would like installed. Now your phone modifications can be molded easily to your liking.

Please read about the known issues before posting. During testing some issues came up that have not been fixed yet and I am currently incredibly busy with school and can't finish fixing the issues until summer break rolls around. I figured instead of making you all wait 3 more weeks you might want it now with a few issues that are all listed below. Also, the download is larger than the previous version because of all the customization options. The default install is still only about 190mb.

Downloads

Fourth Bar 3.0

Kernels

Features:
    • Built on Gingerbread | Stock Base - 1.43.531.3
    • Custom Installation
    • Root Access
    • Zipalign on boot
    • Battery Life Tweaks (Amazing battery life!)
    • Hw Acceleration (Gpu Rendering of UI)
    • Net Speed Tweaks
    • Tweaked Adreno config for better performance
    • Debloated
    • Optimized Framework
    • Faux Kernel 009 and Stock Kernel options
    • Init.d Support
    • ICS Themed!
    • ICS Ringtones and Notifications
    • Highly themed Go Launcher (Ics Like)
    • Most other Sense apps left in. (Htc does make decent apps)

ICS Theme:
    • ICS Like Launcher (Themed go launcher)
    • ICS Keyboard
    • ICS Like Lockscreen
    • Roboto Font
    • Ics Search Bar Widget
    • Themed Sense Apps (Almost Finished!!!)

Installation:

1. Always Backup First!
    2. Complete Wipe of System and Caches
    3. Flash in Recovery just like a normal Zip
    4. Then follow the instructions on screen to finish installation.
    5. If you aren't S-off or using Ext4 Smartflash, you need to download the Kernels Zip and flash the one you selected in the custom installer using Xboarders flashing utility. If you selected Default Installation or Minimal Installation then you will pick the Faux Kernel to flash.
    6. If using Ext4 SmartFlash do not use reboot option at the end or it won't flash the kernel
    7. Turn off facebook live feed sync or else nothing else will sync and it will waste your battery

Known Issues in 3.0:
    • Wifi Calling doesn't work yet
    • Battery info is missing
    • Black text on Account Settings buttons
    • If using Ext4 SmartFlash do not use reboot option at the end or it won't flash the kernel
    • Go Locker (Ics themed lockscreen) causes slight multi-touch issues with graphically intensive games.

Setup Guide:

Coming sometime on saturday. I'm way to tired to write it tonight. Its been a long day. Basically will walk you through setting up Go launcher to look like ICS

Well I hope you all enjoy this and remember to hit the THANKS button if you like it! :D
    If you are on Google+ click on my link below and follow along to receive updates!
    Change-log:

Code:
    Fourth Bar Sense V3.0 (Full Wipe Required)

-Added customizable installation
    -Fixed google search button issues
    -Huge theming update
    -Better Recovery Support
    -New apps in custom installation
    -Theoretically faster
    -Re-Built on new 1.43 Base
    -Faux 009 or Stock Kernel
    -Removed Bravia
    -Updated Apps

Fourth Bar Sense V2.4.2 (Full Wipe Required)   [URL="http://d-h.st/IyR"]Download[/URL]

-Huge Theming Update!  (Fixed all graphical issues)
    -Added Apn's for most Carriers (Please test if not on Tmobile and let me know)
    -Optimized Png's in Framework
    -Speed Increase
    -More Debloating
    -Apps Updated
    -Removed Htc Clock and replaced with Desk Clock
    -Faux 8 Modules
    -Adreno tweaks
    -Ics Ringtones and Notification sounds
    -Fixed Sound on Camera

Fourth Bar Sense V2.0 (Full Wipe Required) 

-Added Bravia Engine
    -Faster Gps Lock
    -Gps Fixed for Canada (Please test and let me know if it works)
    -Sd Card speed script
    -Disabled Htc Checkin
    -Added System_Server from Android 4.0
    -Fixed Power Menu (Thanks to theintelligent)
    -More Theming

Fourth Bar Sense V1.0 - [URL="http://dev-host.org/91qvqbz55hsh/Fourth_Bar_Sense_1.0.zip"][B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Download[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

-Initial Release

Credits:
    Xboarder56 - Crt Animation, General awesomeness
    amarullz - Aroma Installer
    Starskyrob - Pre-rooted base (Saved me hours of work)
    superevilllama - Early theming help
    Donhu - Early theme help
    Faux123 - O/C Kernel
    Many on Xda for Materials (Boot Animations, ect.)
    Huge thanks to the many testers!

Screenshots:

Screen.png

Well I hope you all enjoy this and remember to hit the THANKS button if you like it! :D
    An update on whats going on with Fourth Bar

Its been a slow process of finding small little things and tweaking the code but its coming along. I would say that its about 70% finished and I'm hoping to get the rest done by next week. This will be the final major update (small bug fixes will still get addressed). Its looking amazing so far!

O, and there's a bit of a surprise with the next update :)
    I have to say I'm pretty excited about it! Hopefully S-off gets released soon so I can use it to its full potential!
    Well now that there is an Ics Ruu... My better judgement is telling me to focus on my classes.

I don't think I'm going to listen. Gonna work on getting fourth bar theming onto real Ics.

I have enough testers now, if you Pmed me you'll be getting a message sometime tomorrow.

Thanks guys!