I'm done with this tablet, about to put on ebay

Search This thread

sus4ntoh

Aug 13, 2012
Dang,i was trying diff nightly roms to see if somebody could find a fix google cant,then wondered if stock could be the answer.but i see no dice
(I was getting reboots out the box with 4.2.1,went custom rom to see if could fix,again no dice...)

Is it possible that you have a lemon? If it reboots straight out of the box with 4.2.1, there must be something wrong with the hardware itself. I am trying really hard to love android since I like the freedom of what I can or cannot do instead of being dictated but all these flakiness and inconsistencies of Nexus devices are making myself wonder if I made the right choice.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Is it possible that you have a lemon? If it reboots straight out of the box with 4.2.1, there must be something wrong with the hardware itself. I am trying really hard to love android since I like the freedom of what I can or cannot do instead of being dictated but all these flakiness and inconsistencies of Nexus devices are making myself wonder if I made the right choice.

Yes possible
Called Google today
They are sending me a new one, and then I can return this rebooting one
So guess we can close this thread until my replacement comes

ayman07

Feb 25, 2010
At one point I was getting between 5 to 10 reboots a day. I ended up getting 4 replacement units. I am on 4.2.2 and this one still reboots. It rebooted 5 min prior to posting this. But it is a lot better, just not perfect. I can see why OP is frustrated.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

meletios

Apr 2, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Must say after 4.2.2...did not have any reboots. As far as my tablet goes it's sorted, no issues now.
will skip the next generation which might announced in MWC though..

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

All 4 units had the reboot problem?

Just a piece of advise,
Strictly dont accept any nexus if any of the seals are broken as the local units always maintain a backup stock which is different from normal stock u see on play store website and sometimes a replacement device for one customer may be the return from another, not always but stocks can get mixed up...
..dont worry if you u already knew..:)

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Must say after 4.2.2...did not have any reboots. As far as my tablet goes it's sorted, no issues now.
will skip the next generation which might announced in MWC though..

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Just a piece of advise,
Strictly dont accept any nexus if any of the seals are broken as the local units always maintain a backup stock which is different from normal stock u see on play store website and sometimes a replacement device for one customer may be the return from another, not always but stocks can get mixed up...
..dont worry if you u already knew..:)

thanks for tip

rxnelson

Aug 30, 2011
Keep me updated. I'm gonna call tonight or tomorrow. We can compare when they come in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Will do!

only thing wrong with my current one is the reboots, i dont have light bleed.

i will be blown if i receive a tablet that no longer randomly reboots, but has light bleed!!

also, is there a way to check the build version? like to determine a how a batch the tablet was in when manufactured?

i dont want a first day release tablet

sus4ntoh

Aug 13, 2012
Will do!

only thing wrong with my current one is the reboots, i dont have light bleed.

i will be blown if i receive a tablet that no longer randomly reboots, but has light bleed!!

also, is there a way to check the build version? like to determine a how a batch the tablet was in when manufactured?

i dont want a first day release tablet

Good luck. I have seen it on other posts on how you can determine which version you are getting by looking at the serial number. First version starts with R32C then the next one is R32D.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

planet_x69

Jul 7, 2011
Yes. Each. Some worse than others.

I would have to say that if 4 devices are rebooting that it's likely an application issue and not the device itself.

I have had several apps - usually games that utterly fail and crap out the device. After removing them, problem solved.

I also don't run any funky builds or launchers and have never had any issues with my device. I suspect the vast majority of device owners are happy and have few if any problems.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
I would have to say that if 4 devices are rebooting that it's likely an application issue and not the device itself.

I have had several apps - usually games that utterly fail and crap out the device. After removing them, problem solved.

I also don't run any funky builds or launchers and have never had any issues with my device. I suspect the vast majority of device owners are happy and have few if any problems.

Seriously doubt its an app issue
Esp like in my case i run same apps on both tablet and phone
I dont have any games installed
I run mainstream apps that are common
Im sure its either an OS are actual hardware issue

Still no one can tell me a few apps that guarantee reboots

jjdevega

Jan 3, 2011
Bothell, Washington
Seriously doubt its an app issue
Esp like in my case i run same apps on both tablet and phone
I dont have any games installed
I run mainstream apps that are common
Im sure its either an OS are actual hardware issue

Still no one can tell me a few apps that guarantee reboots

Hello, sorry if this has already been mentioned. Are you restoring the apps/data you have on your phone into your N10, assuming you are rooted. Things go buggy when that happens.

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
Too many damn reboots!
Even on 4.2.2

Only good thing is the incredible ipad beating resolution.

So whats the next best tablet over this nexus 10?I'm in the market to buy like today!

Ha ha, no reboots here.....ever on any ROM. You were a baby on the note 717 forums too so I don't expect any less

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Hello, sorry if this has already been mentioned. Are you restoring the apps/data you have on your phone into your N10, assuming you are rooted. Things go buggy when that happens.

Restoring system data i can understand
but has there been any real proof that restoring app data to the same OS(say you have 4.2.2,then u factory reset,and just start clean again on 4.2.2) has actually cause problems of instability?

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Ha ha, no reboots here.....ever on any ROM. You were a baby on the note 717 forums too so I don't expect any less

no reboots well great for you
but you dont have to listen to a thing I say because if you just READ here and on google forums its a known issue that rebooting is a problem,even after 4.2.2.
so whats your point here buddy?

rican408

Jun 25, 2010
Must be hardware cuz I have not had a single random reboot... I seriously can't just be lucky. Every device I get is perfect....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Too many damn reboots!
    Even on 4.2.2

So whats the next best tablet over this nexus 10?I'm in the market to buy like today!

Cya. I'll let you know how Ubuntu is, and you can sit behind from another 10" tablet and receive all of the future android updates 3 months behind, or a month later and half baked.
    The Nexus 10 was made for those who like to tinker. And as such, the reboots aren't as big a problem as they would be on other devices since they're easily solved by flashing a custom rom.

If you want something working flawless out of the box and dont see an issue with a walled garden, get an iPad. If you can put up with manufacture skins and a lack of speedy updates, get a Note 10.1. If you want to play russian roulette with your build quality, get a Transformer TF700. If you dont care about vast application support, get a Surface. If none of those sound appealing, give up on tablets.
    Too many damn reboots!
    Even on 4.2.2

To be fair, its pretty safe to assume he won't like his replacement unit either! :good:
    I tried it all. Pointless now though. Already RMA'd it and new one should arrive monday according to tracking info so we'll see

So you should change the title of the posting since you're not done with it :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app