How can I get 4.4.2 kit kat install on a note 8 SGH I467

Search This thread

HeyYouBob

Jun 14, 2014
Here is my short story.

My mom and I went into a AT&T store to update my phone in March 20014. I was carrying around an old iPhone 4s and I was well over due for an update. I updated to the Galaxy note 3 and I surly Love it!! I haven't been able to put it down for some time and there was a little bit of an update for my phone. I went from 4.3 to 4.4. My mom was curiosity about the whole android thing, and wanted to try one of their devices out, so the sales guy sold here a note 8 sha-i467 tablet. I wasn't expecting this additional purchase, so I didn't do any kind of hard research on tablets, other than I want something that had both smart phone and tablet size features, and I found that for my update.

Sadly, my mom ended up hating this tablet Calling it a piece of S***. This was due to a number of bugs and slow speed of the OS on this device. It currently has1 jelly bean 4.1 versions.

I have been trying in vein to find some way to update this phone to the 4.4.2 version. I don't care if it's legal, and I don't care about voiding that warranty. I just want 4.4.2 on that tablet...

On the side of our frustration, I think AT&T sold us a product that is being dropped soon. There is has such a low demand for this product that they wont release an update for this model. I now loathe AT&T for Delivering such crappy service. All they want to do is push products around and make a huge buck off of people who don't like their service. The discontinue of our service with the tablet will now cost us a $150.00 fee.

I'm not happy with At&t, they disrespected my mom by taking advantage of our lack knowledge with the line of products. I would gladly paid for the higher price items if It would had avoided this problem.

harry_fine

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
Here is my short story.

My mom and I went into a AT&T store to update my phone in March 20014. I was carrying around an old iPhone 4s and I was well over due for an update. I updated to the Galaxy note 3 and I surly Love it!! I haven't been able to put it down for some time and there was a little bit of an update for my phone. I went from 4.3 to 4.4. My mom was curiosity about the whole android thing, and wanted to try one of their devices out, so the sales guy sold here a note 8 sha-i467 tablet. I wasn't expecting this additional purchase, so I didn't do any kind of hard research on tablets, other than I want something that had both smart phone and tablet size features, and I found that for my update.

Sadly, my mom ended up hating this tablet Calling it a piece of S***. This was due to a number of bugs and slow speed of the OS on this device. It currently has1 jelly bean 4.1 versions.

I have been trying in vein to find some way to update this phone to the 4.4.2 version. I don't care if it's legal, and I don't care about voiding that warranty. I just want 4.4.2 on that tablet...

On the side of our frustration, I think AT&T sold us a product that is being dropped soon. There is has such a low demand for this product that they wont release an update for this model. I now loathe AT&T for Delivering such crappy service. All they want to do is push products around and make a huge buck off of people who don't like their service. The discontinue of our service with the tablet will now cost us a $150.00 fee.

I'm not happy with At&t, they disrespected my mom by taking advantage of our lack knowledge with the line of products. I would gladly paid for the higher price items if It would had avoided this problem.

There is not yet a 4.4.2 from Samsung for the 5120 which is the LTE version although the wifi and 3G version (5100 and 5110) have been out for a couple of weeks. However there are differences that prevent us from using those stock ROMs. Your i467 and my i467M (Canada) are rare and not well supported even for a 4.2.2 ROM.

I've been told that the 5120 4.2.2 ROM will not work on our phones, and that when 4.4.2 Kitkat comes out for the 5120 (maybe a month) it will not work on our phones. I was going try the stock 4.2.2 from the UK and then flashing the Rogers radio from my i467M, but I've been told that its more than the radio. Ive been told it could brick my ROM.

Unless some good developer takes up this project its not going to happen. There were too few of these sold.

Last edited:

HeyYouBob

Jun 14, 2014
There is not yet a 4.4.2 from Samsung for the 5120 which is the LTE version although the wifi and 3G version (5100 and 5110) have been out for a couple of weeks. However there are differences that prevent us from using those stock ROMs. Your i467 and my i467M (Canada) are rare and not well supported even for a 4.2.2 ROM.

I've been told that the 5120 4.2.2 ROM will not work on our phones, and that when 4.4.2 Kitkat comes out for the 5120 (maybe a month) it will not work on our phones. I was going try the stock 4.2.2 from the UK and then flashing the Rogers radio from my i467M, but I've been told that its more than the radio. Ive been told it could brick my ROM.

Unless some good developer takes up this project its not going to happen. There were too few of these sold.

Damn... so what can I do with this tablet? Can I root it at least?

HeyYouBob

Jun 14, 2014
AT&T SUCKS note 8 still doesn't have 4.4.2

OMG it's been months and not even a hack to force install 4.4.2 in this tablet? This blows. Can anyone show me a way to use kitkat on this device. I still can't believe no one has release 4.4.2 and now they are about to release 4.4.4 on all of the latest devices. I will forever hate AT&T forever!!

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
ATT may have done the same thing with the i467 that they did with the i747 in that updates frlom 4.1.1 were only available via OTA updates. A complete ROM was never released.

The only way to get to KK, assuming the OTA is still available, would be to flash back to stock 4.1.2 and run the software update option. If the tablet has a 4.3 or newer bootloader, I don't think you can downgrade to 4.1.2.

This may be of use as well: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63405477&postcount=33

Reactions: Akbar_Navid

msp4u4ever

Apr 18, 2013
Compiled Kernel from KK-opensource

Dear members,

I have compiled the kernel for SGH-i467 from the kitkat open source (haven't tried installing it, though).
Please find the files here: drive.google.com/open?id=0BzqAvkZtEm_7d3l5RFduYW9wbHM (Add https infront). I am not able to post the link as I am a new user.
The source code and other files are available here:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3w-dFE5Q3FOY1R4U3JVZW83bE0 (Add https infront)

vgchat

Mar 24, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
Hi, thanks but you do realize that this thread hasn't been touched since 2015 right?

Anyways, we don't need to append https, if I just copy/paste the link in chrome, it can add it by itself.
Dear members,

I have compiled the kernel for SGH-i467 from the kitkat open source (haven't tried installing it, though).
Please find the files here: drive.google.com/open?id=0BzqAvkZtEm_7d3l5RFduYW9wbHM (Add https infront). I am not able to post the link as I am a new user.
The source code and other files are available here:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3w-dFE5Q3FOY1R4U3JVZW83bE0 (Add https infront)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATT may have done the same thing with the i467 that they did with the i747 in that updates frlom 4.1.1 were only available via OTA updates. A complete ROM was never released.

The only way to get to KK, assuming the OTA is still available, would be to flash back to stock 4.1.2 and run the software update option. If the tablet has a 4.3 or newer bootloader, I don't think you can downgrade to 4.1.2.

This may be of use as well: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63405477&postcount=33