Athena Project Black Touch Edition by PK 3.0 - AP DUAL 3.0 PREVIEWED-

Search This thread

LTxda

Jan 1, 2005
USA
Anyone tried this on a Cingular 8525 how well does it perform?

No, you can't use this on your 8525. Please be careful with the files you play with from this forum or you may end up bricking your phone. First, this forum is only for Athena type phones. The 8525 is a Hermes. Good luck, read a lot to learn and be careful not to blow your phone up. :)

toyfreak

Feb 9, 2006
Indianapolis
PayPal donation made...

Thanks to the AP team for all their hard work. $20 USD donation made, PayPal confirmation number 4W19684619812781J. I will be installing the 3.0 ROM soon.

c1oudrs

Oct 20, 2007
OK, I'm missing something basic.

Olipro's unlocker went without a hitch (full battery, no cards, windows xp, activesync connection, just did step 1 since I have the X7501).

Downloaded pk3. I've never flashed before. So trying to figure out how to install pk3. Searched Google and the wiki. It isn't a 'click' kind of install either on the advantage or the pc. It seems that this is something so basic everyone knows it (but me).

LTxda

Jan 1, 2005
USA
OK, I'm missing something basic.

Olipro's unlocker went without a hitch (full battery, no cards, windows xp, activesync connection, just did step 1 since I have the X7501).

Downloaded pk3. I've never flashed before. So trying to figure out how to install pk3. Searched Google and the wiki. It isn't a 'click' kind of install either on the advantage or the pc. It seems that this is something so basic everyone knows it (but me).

The best way to flash...

1. Backup your data.
2. Take out SD card.
3. Put phone into BootLoader (hold down the Camera button firmly, while pressing the reset hold with stylus). Keep Camera button pressed after you let the reset go. This may take a few times until you get the multi-color BootLoader screen.
4. Extract ROM archive you downloaded from this thread.
5. Connect phone to system and execute the file named "ROMUpdateUtility.exe" from the extracted files.

Note that this will wipe the phone and all of your data will be done. You will have to restore your data from backups and also reinstall your programs.

c1oudrs

Oct 20, 2007
Thanks Itxda,
Ok step 1-3.

Uhh. The ap touch3 rar? . . . and how would I extract it?
5. Connect phone to system
activesync?
and execute the file named "ROMUpdateUtility.exe" from the extracted files.

Sorry Itxda. I appreciate your replies and your patience.

sabes143

Sep 12, 2007
London
Thanks Itxda,
Ok step 1-3.

Uhh. The ap touch3 rar? . . . and how would I extract it?
5. Connect phone to system
activesync?
and execute the file named "ROMUpdateUtility.exe" from the extracted files.

Sorry Itxda. I appreciate your replies and your patience.

Hi
3. Use "Winzip" or "Winrar" to extract the files
and
5. You have to connect the Athena to the pc through Acticesync

Make sure you usinf this rom to Olipro unlocked Athena.
Good luck

chrisdk

Feb 13, 2006
My Athena is new so, whilst I read the 2.0 thread, I never installed it as 3.0 was imminent. I was reading that 2.0 contained a newer radio ROM, but 3.0 seems to have left me with 1.45. Have you deliberately left a radio ROM out - in which case (particularly given the discussion about battery drain), is it worth my upgrading the radio to a later version?

c1oudrs

Oct 20, 2007
Thank you Sabes143 for your reply,
Of course its a ZIP file! I knew there was something simple I was missing. But I couldn't figure out what. (Dweeb me.) Leave it to me to make the difficult easy and the easy difficult. I used to have an unzip utility, but I haven't had to use one in years. Luckily google to the rescue.

Unzip (duh), :) [reading the threads is no insulation against bone-deep ignorance].

(After a suitable interval). Now I'm running PK3!

Thank you Itxda and Sabes143. I'm no longer a rom virgin. Everything's a go.

Will install AP Touch add ons now.

And again thanks for everyone's patience!

jmdrizen

Sep 25, 2005
Kent, England
My Athena is new so, whilst I read the 2.0 thread, I never installed it as 3.0 was imminent. I was reading that 2.0 contained a newer radio ROM, but 3.0 seems to have left me with 1.45. Have you deliberately left a radio ROM out - in which case (particularly given the discussion about battery drain), is it worth my upgrading the radio to a later version?
Just got this beauty on my device :) But mine is showing Radio ROM 1.50... perhaps it doesn't include the radio in this ROM and keeps what you have already? :)

beginner

Nov 18, 2005
incredible....

Hi,
I think we have to donate again....

My question is about Blackberry compatibility. Did you test on some way?

thanks.

mackaby007

Sep 16, 2005
Superb accomplishment

Athena Project Team...my hat is off to you.;)

What a superb Team effort and accomplishment. I haven't had the the time to check this baby out fully yet, but I'm downloading right now and will do so as soon as time permits.

You guys rock!!

beginner

Nov 18, 2005
fingertouch is so much better and includes a layout similar to that if not exactly like that. try it out with the athena. on mine its all i use. i leave the keyboard at home like ltxda because of it.

pawel062, how you activate fingertouch? It doesn't appears on my keyboard options...
I don't see in the addons for this version.

pawel062, how you activate fingertouch? It doesn't appears on my keyboard options...
I don't see in the addons for this version.

If the ROM installed correctly, and you allowed the EXT_ROM to complete, then Soft Reset, Fingertouch should be the default keyboard.

If its not there, I'd try a hard reset letting the Customisations complete, and if that doesn't work, try a reflash.

Nb: I find in Landscape Mode, using RVGA 128dpi, that this keyboard takes up too much screen space to be usable- you can't see what you are typing. Maybe someone can produce a smaller skin :)

The Touchpal keyboard is much better in this configuration, and its T9 style word completion really does spped up typing!