New features of FroYo summarized! [Updated: Aug 06, 2010 @ 17:30]

Search This thread

aindow

Jun 5, 2010
Leyland
My desire can now write Chinese characters!

Pressing the language on the keyboard displays shortcuts to change to another language quickly. You can also customize the list to choose the languages you most commonly use.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Bouncer5

Jun 10, 2010
Glasgow
Ok, while having fun with FroYo I notice a lot of new things. Let's try to compile them all together.

Contacts
- Option to automatically send someone directly to voicemail now.

That option was already avalible in 2.1, I use it quite often.

The phone vibrates when being turned off. Probably the most insignificant new thingy.

They used to be black with sorta white/grey icons, Now there colored sorta blue and big and ungle and non-minimalstic

Last edited:

jaymit

Apr 15, 2008
London
found another change! - settings for user dictionary is updated to enable quicker editing / deleting

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
market widget been added to the list yet?

someone else found it - not me...

edit: nevermind it is on there.

Anyone tried iTunes sync?

Last edited:

monsterfly

Jan 21, 2008
Big bug found. When using russian keyboard pressing space bar inputs exclamation mark " ! " :eek:

kazgor

Apr 5, 2010
when you move apps to SD, where on the SD is it stored? had a quick look but couldnt see the 3 apps i had moved. would be useful to know if we decide to change the SD card.

psycop

Allready stated Chome to Phone, but not added..
Really nice feature - Tried it :)

Just noticed the following features aswell:

When you send a youtube link to the phone - the phone opens the youtube application

When you mark a phonenumber and send it to the phone - The phone opens the dialer with the number

When you mark text and send it to the phone - The phone copies the text into its clipboard

Flaggie

Apr 8, 2010
I think they improved the wifi, used to have only one bar, but now have 3 bars. (although it could be that they just adjusted the way the bars are shown :p)

gm1980

Sep 28, 2009
Upgrading today to froyo Apps cannot move to SD. The button is not enabled. How can I move to SD card?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App