New features of FroYo summarized! [Updated: Aug 06, 2010 @ 17:30]

Search This thread

disaster_ita

Aug 9, 2010
play.google.com
bug: htc calendar widget in small format should be show today and tomorow events. It doesn't show today events! It tell "No events today or tomorrow"

Work fine the big one.

Apr 9, 2010
Has the method in which the built in browser handles opening new windows when four windows are already open ("could not open a new window because you already have open the maximum number") changed in froyo? This is such a weakness in the stock browser.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

steve228uk

Jun 29, 2010
Bristol
www.graphicsplant.com
Has the method in which the built in browser handles opening new windows when four windows are already open ("could not open a new window because you already have open the maximum number") changed in froyo? This is such a weakness in the stock browser.

It doesn't seem to have changed and I HATE the layout of the pages view. I would much prefer it something like the bookmarks screen.

Apr 9, 2010
The pages themselves are buggy and don't fulfill their purpose, but the error message itself is the worst.

Why doesn't it have a button to take me to the windows overview? Why can't it list the four windows that are open and allow me to close one? Why do I have to dismiss an error message just for clicking a link? Very, very weak.

ydnandy

Jun 9, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I wouldn't be so sure. I downloaded the N1 3D Gallery primarily for Picasa sync. If you use Picasa and multiple accounts, 3D gallery is a must.

Subhash
-HTC Desire 2.2:)

Are you able to get multiple picasa accounts to sync with gallery 3D? I was able to on 2.1, but after updating to 2.2 it doesn't want to sync more than one account. The app asks for permission, but it never imports that albums from the second account. Under the accounts and sync settings, there is no option for picasa pics on the second google account.

thanks

EDIT: nm, a reboot fixed this

foxmeister

Mar 10, 2008
Ealing
If it wasn't already there, you just needed to create a new APN with an "APN type" of MMS. It's been like that since at least Android 1.5 - probably before, but I don't remember now!

Regards,

Dave

matty

Jan 6, 2005
you could be right - all I can tell you is 2 APNs were automatically created in 2.2, while only 1 was created in 2.1 update 1.

mikelalala

Jun 15, 2010
I do not know if anyone has found this yet, but those two bugs do not exist in landscape mode.

Yep, that's true. Yet I still use portrait mode all the time and this bug makes it totally unusable.

More notices:

* [Youtube] I can not use Youtube app without signing in.
* [Slider] Rejecting a call with a slider moves up all the background behind it.
* [All apps] Main menu scrolling is still lagging at the end of the menu.
* [Gallery] Some pictures thumbnails are rendered badly, e.g. the thumbnail consists of two pictures :(

wheelsweaver

Oct 2, 2010
i've found that the privacy tab in settings is missing also. i'm on orange and had to do an interim update before 2.2 would update. after the first update it backed up and restored all data ok, after 2.2 it has restored messages and i think most other stuff but not my emails, and i not sure if it's backing up as it did before!

Last edited: