Video Playback?

Search This thread

Pi_

Jan 24, 2014
I understand the Nexus 5 has a very high quality 1080p display. I plan on buying one soon and wanted to know since the quality of the screen is so good if it would affect the quality of playback on lower resolution video.

If someone could test out playback with a 720 x 400 video clip please let me know the results of the clarity of the video. Thanks to anyone who helps!

Last edited:

soccerfan6789

Nov 21, 2012
New York
I understand the Nexus 5 has a very high quality 1080p display. I plan on buying one soon and wanted to know since the quality of the screen is so good if it would it affect the quality of playback on lower resolution video.

If someone could test out playback with a 720 x 400 video clip please let me know the results of the clarity of the video. Thanks to anyone who helps!

I didn't test it because it isn't necessary. You said it yourself, it can playback 1080p video, easily. None the less, it'll play lower resolution videos just as great. Resolution playback will be the played in the resolution it was recorded in. So if the video was recorded in 480p, it won't play it in 144p or 720p. Just 480p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Pi_

Pi_

Jan 24, 2014
So you're saying that..

I didn't test it because it isn't necessary. You said it yourself, it can playback 1080p video, easily. None the less, it'll play lower resolution videos just as great. Resolution playback will be the played in the resolution it was recorded in. So if the video was recorded in 480p, it won't play it in 144p or 720p. Just 480p

So a 480p video scaled to match the full screen of the nexus 5 won't look pixelated or anything? Sorry I am sort of a noob.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I understand the Nexus 5 has a very high quality 1080p display. I plan on buying one soon and wanted to know since the quality of the screen is so good if it would it affect the quality of playback on lower resolution video.