[Q] How to Return gpe M8 Back to Stock

Search This thread

angel.de.marc

Jun 15, 2010
Dallas, TX
I bought the HTC One M8 gpe from the Google Play Store, and about a month later I installed a Sense ROM. Now I want to go back to Stock Android, rather I know I'll want to go back sometime before the L release in October. However, I'm unable to find a walk through and/or files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

angel.de.marc

Jun 15, 2010
Dallas, TX
There are guides to covert GPE to GSM and the other way round. Can't provide the link as I'm traveling at the moment.

Maybe this helps: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...mctr=(not provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=227772446

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks for the reply, but I'm wondering is all that really necessary? I installed Sinless which didn't change the partition size. I guess all I really need is the factory image for One M8, and I can wipe and flash the Philz Touch recovery.

metaphz

Jan 9, 2014
Minnesota
Thanks for the reply, but I'm wondering is all that really necessary? I installed Sinless which didn't change the partition size. I guess all I really need is the factory image for One M8, and I can wipe and flash the Philz Touch recovery.
There is nothing to convert if you just flashed Sinless. You can even restore from your Sense nandroid if you like.

You only have to convert back to Sense and follow the lengthy guides if you did the GPE RUU.

tee00max

Jun 19, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Did you sucessfully flash the GPE back to stock? I have a GPE and just loaded up Sinless GPE ROM and I am wanting to go back to stock and never really found a definitive writeup either.

Top Liked Posts