[ROM] Tesla Coil Version 1.7.1 - 04/21/11 - Controlling Lightning

Search This thread

kejar31

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2010
Tesla Coil

Controlling Lighting!!!

teslagt.png
mvFCilrt7LQC5uDXMMXztWSmJga1rEIEToZJfzCLNTanLTC5GXdqm2rEWiaOMisFmOhG0G8k2qG2YqH0_hgUCOZDZ17v7Tp3jHwjkRX2QZx2MxC04CA

Tesla Coil is a hold over ROM intended to keep people happy with their Tbolt until the issues with AOSP get worked out..

Warning:

the auto restore has been enabled on this rom so no need to make a backup of your apps in titanium backup before installing

Developers

KEJAR31 , IMOSEYON

Contributors

MIKEYINID , CHRISKADER, davekover

FABOLOUS for allowing me to use his Server to host Tesla
MIKEYINID for helping me any way he can, including getting those damn inverted menus working :) !
DROD2169 for allowing me to use his Kernel and just being an overall great assistance anytime I need him
davekover for the Wallpaper and Pulldown widget icons
Thanks for cvpcs for publicly posting his source, which I compiled most of my apps from.
Thanks for teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from.

Credits:
Theme - Retrokid223 for his com.htc.recources.apk which was the stating base the gingerbread theming used in this ROM.. Although the Framework was themed by me as it is a clone of the theme used in GummyJAR for the DX

Features:
Some of the apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM and GEM source trees from Froyo and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
The only apps left from Sence are Dialer/Phone, Contacts, Camera and Keyboard
Senseless obviously
AOSP Lockscreen
CM music player (MusicMod) built from source and compiled by me
AppWidgetPicker - built by boombuler
Pulldown Widgets - credit sk806
Latest Market included
build.prop tweaks -thanks to LexusBrian400
Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
1% battery increments built in (Icons made by me)
All apps optimized and zip aligned
Imoseyon leanKernel - overclocked to 1.41Ghz, and undervolted, overhauled ondemand, custom smartass governors, swap, and a bunch of other optimizations. The kernel included in Tesla Coil is his “normal” version - for his other versions (ie. extreme, 1.92Ghz), visit his kernel thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1021404)

More to come...

Known Issues:

Change Log:
  • removed the AOSP mmes apk and replaced it with stock to fix the MMS issues
  • IMOSEYON has now joined the team and has included his tweaks and Kernel

• Updated Base to 1.13.605.7
  • Updated Market to the latest version
  • Added Terminal Emulator
  • Updated kernel to leanKernel_normal_v1.11.
  • Added Kernel Switcher: open Terminal Emulator, type “su”, enter, type “switchkernel”, enter (without quotes).
  • Added enable 4g mobile hotspot script: open Terminal Emulator, type “su”, enter, type “enablehotspot”, enter (without quotes).

• Fixed dialer unlock screen (just the HTC standard)

Disclaimer:
We take no responsibility for what this ROM may do to your phone.

Download:
MD5SUM
7125f68de5ce04565dec28bb8d9150c4
Tesla Coil 1.7

Update:
Tesla Coil 1.7.1 Update - Must have 1.7 installed before you can apply this update

Add-On’s:

latest Radio Update ---- Install this via HBOOT (if you do not know how, use the search button)

AOSP contacts - this may break things - credit CHRISKADER
HTC Music Player
ASOP Browser
VZW wifi HotSpot fix
HTC Lockscreen - This will also install the 1.7.1 Update
HTC FMradio
HTC Email

Install:
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back "the back softkey"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select TeslaCoilvXX.zip
-reboot

Donate:
Donate if you like what we do by buying us a round of beers! :)

Last edited:

MattCropley

Jul 24, 2010
Raymond
Downloading now!
EDIT: been running it since it was released love it, but i can not seem to download mms messages? any ideas why?

Last edited:

sublimaze

Oct 13, 2010
Hmmm. Ima try this out tonight

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

xCHPx

Oct 6, 2010
Yes, what about kernels? I'm excited to use this rom, sense has been bugging me.

Sent from my totally tripped out gift from Zeus.

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
I would highly recommend resetting your battery after flashing this, or any time a new kernel is flashed. Charge your phone until its full, boot into recovery, go into advanced settings and wipe battery stats. Your battery could drop as much as 12%, as mine just did. I do it twice just to be sure.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

Ratzinc

Nov 17, 2009
USA
Gives you and your phone more accurate battery readings..you should do it when you are switching between different roms and kernels.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tesla Coil

Controlling Lighting!!!

teslagt.png
    mvFCilrt7LQC5uDXMMXztWSmJga1rEIEToZJfzCLNTanLTC5GXdqm2rEWiaOMisFmOhG0G8k2qG2YqH0_hgUCOZDZ17v7Tp3jHwjkRX2QZx2MxC04CA

Tesla Coil is a hold over ROM intended to keep people happy with their Tbolt until the issues with AOSP get worked out..

Warning:

the auto restore has been enabled on this rom so no need to make a backup of your apps in titanium backup before installing

Developers

KEJAR31 , IMOSEYON

Contributors

MIKEYINID , CHRISKADER, davekover

FABOLOUS for allowing me to use his Server to host Tesla
    MIKEYINID for helping me any way he can, including getting those damn inverted menus working :) !
    DROD2169 for allowing me to use his Kernel and just being an overall great assistance anytime I need him
    davekover for the Wallpaper and Pulldown widget icons
    Thanks for cvpcs for publicly posting his source, which I compiled most of my apps from.
    Thanks for teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from.

Credits:
    Theme - Retrokid223 for his com.htc.recources.apk which was the stating base the gingerbread theming used in this ROM.. Although the Framework was themed by me as it is a clone of the theme used in GummyJAR for the DX

Features:
    Some of the apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM and GEM source trees from Froyo and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
    The only apps left from Sence are Dialer/Phone, Contacts, Camera and Keyboard
    Senseless obviously
    AOSP Lockscreen
    CM music player (MusicMod) built from source and compiled by me
    AppWidgetPicker - built by boombuler
    Pulldown Widgets - credit sk806
    Latest Market included
    build.prop tweaks -thanks to LexusBrian400
    Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
    1% battery increments built in (Icons made by me)
    All apps optimized and zip aligned
    Imoseyon leanKernel - overclocked to 1.41Ghz, and undervolted, overhauled ondemand, custom smartass governors, swap, and a bunch of other optimizations. The kernel included in Tesla Coil is his “normal” version - for his other versions (ie. extreme, 1.92Ghz), visit his kernel thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1021404)

More to come...

Known Issues:

Change Log:
    • removed the AOSP mmes apk and replaced it with stock to fix the MMS issues
    • IMOSEYON has now joined the team and has included his tweaks and Kernel

• Updated Base to 1.13.605.7
    • Updated Market to the latest version
    • Added Terminal Emulator
    • Updated kernel to leanKernel_normal_v1.11.
    • Added Kernel Switcher: open Terminal Emulator, type “su”, enter, type “switchkernel”, enter (without quotes).
    • Added enable 4g mobile hotspot script: open Terminal Emulator, type “su”, enter, type “enablehotspot”, enter (without quotes).

• Fixed dialer unlock screen (just the HTC standard)

Disclaimer:
    We take no responsibility for what this ROM may do to your phone.

Download:
    MD5SUM
    7125f68de5ce04565dec28bb8d9150c4
    Tesla Coil 1.7

Update:
    Tesla Coil 1.7.1 Update - Must have 1.7 installed before you can apply this update

Add-On’s:

latest Radio Update ---- Install this via HBOOT (if you do not know how, use the search button)

AOSP contacts - this may break things - credit CHRISKADER
    HTC Music Player
    ASOP Browser
    VZW wifi HotSpot fix
    HTC Lockscreen - This will also install the 1.7.1 Update
    HTC FMradio
    HTC Email

Install:
    make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
    -boot into recovery via Recovery
    -select "wipe data/factory reset"
    -select "Yes -- delete all data"
    -go back "the back softkey"
    -select "install zip from sdcard"
    -select "choose zip from sdcard"
    -find and select TeslaCoilvXX.zip
    -reboot

Donate:
    Donate if you like what we do by buying us a round of beers! :)
    fkxsHf

:) Its coming along nicely

Some of the changes you will see on the next release include

GingerbreadKB - default - credit chriskader
    Power Control widgets - Credit sk806 - I built a clean framework from the ground up for this and did not use sk806's as I didnt like some of the mods he included in his framework (keeping it clean in Tesla)
    Google's new Music Player
    New busybox
    New tweaks by IMoseyon
    Option to install AOSP Contacts - credit chriskader (replaces contacts and dialer)
    Worked for me too. No issues so far.

I am donating to kejar for the quick response on twitter to look into adding upgrades to tesla if they help. Good Dev.

Imoseyon, I can't find a link to donate to you. Let me know where I should send yours. I have used your tweaks since my DX, so I owe you a few bucks too.

I have a link on first post of my kernel thread but I'd go ahead and donate to kejar. Some of that will come to me. :)

sent from my phone running leanKernel + Tesla coil
    talked to kejar earlier. he's going to incorporate components from the new RUU into the new version of Tesla if needed.
    BTW Tesla Coil 1.7 is now out :)