[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(I897) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

stew1411

Feb 24, 2011
Ardmore
I now have a one x running stock. And I gotta say, my crappy running this rom was almost as good as and so fast as my hox. I love this rom

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Tsaukpaetra

Jan 28, 2011
Well, I wanted to keep a backup of Slim ICS if I got sick of JB. Been using slim JB for about a month or so and just upgraded to 2.2 tonight. After doing a nandroid and titanium backup. I flashed ICS on to my phone. Well, half way through it, after it rebooted into CWMR 5 it was stuck in a boot loop unable to mount. Well, I pulled the battery out and booted into CWMR and turns out that it now is unable to mount the internal SD card. Any suggestions?

Going to see if I can use an external SD card to re-flash slim ICS to see if it allows me to get access to the internal SD card again.

Add: alJHKLADSGFKShdgaLKJHDSYFGKLJFHDSGLKFHD!!!!! ARGH! Not only am I able to now see my internal SD card. It wiped it... Leh sigh... Time to re-install and setup EVERYTHING again.. I really need to backup my backups immediately so this doesn't happen anymore.

Add 2: Seems that there's a hidden partition on the SD card? Only shows 13 GB of total space. 16GB captivate. Note: I could just be dumb here and never realized my internal sd card was only 13 GB.

Yeah, the system and data partitions (not to mention boot and kernel) reside in the other 3 gb. I thought it was stupid at first until I realized it. It's also part of the reason messing with partitions is a very risky business (and also partly why with the bootloops). It's all on one 16Gb MTD disk.

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Messing with partitions isn't that risky, worst case scenario wiping of sd card or boot loops. Both easily resolved. Mind the possibility of SDcard wipe is listed @ Slimroms.net bug list so if you lost anything its on you.

I know it's frustrating it happens to me while testing for krarvind it sucks however I did inform all SGS 1 variants supported by slim.
Sent from my Slim Bean powered I747 using Tapatalk 2

scottcwhite

Sep 1, 2010
can you link me to the files for going back to stick via Odin as I just started getting the low storage yesterday myself.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Well I fixed this problem very easily. Found something interesting by mistake. While doing a fresh TiBU I noticed it hung on on the email apk for close to 8 minutes and the same with exchange app. Thought to myself, that's a lot of data being backed up. Deleted both, restored and bingo, phone storage warning gone.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

ganaa1221

Dec 24, 2011
Ulaanbaatar
Where is common.zip? should i just flash slim 2.3 i897 from download page.

what about slim_gapps.zip?

and has this version resolved 3G?

Last edited:

diakonos

Oct 22, 2010
Texas
10 days after full Odin back to stock and starting with only 4 mb of "system data" space in my /datadata folder, I now have over 108 mb of "system data" again and growing daily. Low space msg is back and I had to uninstall some apps today just to get back a little space. This is getting old. Do the scripts I've been seeing in the i9000 threads re: CM9 and the datadata fix really work? I'm getting desperate.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

thunor

Jan 31, 2010
Was Slim ICS discontinued. I haven't checked in on the thread in months since i've moved over to helly bean but my wife is still on Slim. All I see on the Slim web page is Slim Bean now. Confused!

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Was Slim ICS discontinued. I haven't checked in on the thread in months since i've moved over to helly bean but my wife is still on Slim. All I see on the Slim web page is Slim Bean now. Confused!

Only thing left of Slim ICS is downloads of 4.2 rest is gone. End of life.

Sent from my Slim Bean powered I747 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    4.1 Released:
    Note:
    Overall change in how i am structuring Slim. No more Base + essentials + gapps. Device ROM + SLim Common ( which inclues slim gapps among other common non compiled stuff). Just flash Device ROM version THEN Slim Common ( includes Slim Gapps). you should be set.
    3.9 Released. I will say this, read the changelog and FAQ, before posting questions. If you find ppl posting without reading, just direct them to them the changelog page, don't give them the answer, its a few lines not that hard.

You need to d/l and flash Base, Device essentials and Slim Gapps. From next time on you just need to d/l base and device essentials as long as you don't lose Slim Gapps or i don't change it. Happy Friday Everyone!

NOTE: Read the changelog below carefully and the FAQ before posting questions .

All Devices:

• Apollo ( CM9) music compiled from sources - thanks cm team
    • Updated germant translations for DeskClock - thanks Basian Mile
    • Reduce processing in WebCore thread while scrolling and zooming based on this
    • External Webkit changes based on this, this and this.
    • Hide storage option in camera for devices that don't have external storage based on this
    • Don't try to create an ad-hoc network when no wireless network is available based on this
    • SlimPapers.apk with a couple of wallpapers, nothing fancy. Will put it in OTA app for those who want to use it. - thanks jeffyca at rootz for slimlogo wallpaper
      trans.gif
    • CM9 Quiet Hours
    • New boot animation - thanks jeffyca at rootz
    • Basic gapps included in base is pulled and made a separate flashable zip, reason is two fold,
      • make google happy as they prefer this route and
      • they don't change often, so why bloat the base unnecessarily.
    • Whatever was in UpdateMe ( GenieWidget etc etc), Apps, Stays there,
    • Make sure to flash slim_gapps along with base and essentials to get working multi dpi playstore, gmail, talk, video chat, email and exchange. If you flash another gapps, you are on your own, don't complain apps are not compatible if you are not on slim gapps. This is the way moving forward, you can cry about if you want
      trans.gif
    • Base is now 44 MB
      trans.gif
    Galaxy Nexus ( Maguro, Toro & Toroplus)

• Synced upto lean 3.8
    Galaxy S2

• Synced upto latest Fluxi's changes.
    Upgrade Method: Back to the usual
    Download Link:
    Direct : Slim ICS 3.9

or via OTA app;
    one more......