Htc One S on Simple Mobile $40

Search This thread

Android310

Mar 16, 2011
How does simple mobile's $40 unlimited plan work with the One S?Is any body in here on that plan? If so what is the data speed? I am planning on using the One S on TMO's $30 5gb data plan but the 100 mins is too short. If the SM plan has 3g unlimitted I'd rather sacrifice 4g speed for unlimitted mins and 3g. Thanks.

Sent from my EVO 4G using XDA

AttachedSilver

Oct 6, 2011
I wouldn't go simple mobile because I had the $40 plan back on my amaze and the 3G speeds are a joke. Also if you want to use the internet you must program the APN settings which is annoying and sometimes doesnt work anyways along with MMS.

Sent from my HTC One S

Android310

Mar 16, 2011
But it is on simple mobile's approved phone list,it even states that it will work on SM's 4g.

AttachedSilver

Oct 6, 2011
True, but they cap you at around 1GB of data use on 4G and 3G speeds are the same as EDGE speeds. I never had a problem with simple mobile till last month when they completely cut off my data for going over 1.5 GB on my Nexus Prime. I was on their $60 plan. There are also videos on YouTube that show simple mobiles 3G speeds and why you shouldn't go with them.

Sent from my HTC One S

jriv

Apr 13, 2010
Princeton,MN
I was thinking about switching to simple mobile I know the 3g speeds are terrible but I'm on wifi 90% of the day so it really would affect me there is wifi at my college wifi at my work and wifi at my house lol so I'm ok with edge speeds

sent from a guy living in a van down by the river

funziebear

Mar 28, 2011
cali
I was thinking about switching to simple mobile I know the 3g speeds are terrible but I'm on wifi 90% of the day so it really would affect me there is wifi at my college wifi at my work and wifi at my house lol so I'm ok with edge speeds

sent from a guy living in a van down by the river

If ur going pre pay you can always do straight talk for 45 unlimited I don't know there cap but I heard if u don't abuse it ur fine

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Last edited:

funziebear

Mar 28, 2011
cali
Also what is speed cap?

I don't think they have a cap as long as u use it in moderation . My sister is on straight talk and using my galaxy s2 it gets around 6-9 download and 1-2 upload witch isnt bad for what we use our phones for I have one more week on tmobiles prepay but will be switching to straight talk I already ordered my sum card

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium