Barnacle Wifi Tether

Search This thread

Pneumatic

Jul 18, 2010
Is out possible that we need to uninstall the old version first? Has anyone tried that?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Last edited:

masterotaku

Jul 22, 2010
Spartanburg S.C.
I just tried the latest version of Barnacle from the market....

with these settings from another thread on xda I was able to get it to work...

Baranacle Wifi Settings:
1. Change SSID - [User Preference]
2. Change Channel - 6
3. Custom Wifi Ad-hoc - NONE
4. Skip wpa_supplicant - CHECK
5. Restart Phone As Desired

Pneumatic

Jul 18, 2010
I just tried the latest version of Barnacle from the market....

with these settings from another thread on xda I was able to get it to work...

Baranacle Wifi Settings:
1. Change SSID - [User Preference]
2. Change Channel - 6
3. Custom Wifi Ad-hoc - NONE
4. Skip wpa_supplicant - CHECK
5. Restart Phone As Desired

Those instructions are the same as the ones in the first post of this thread. It still isn't working for me on 3G.

johnnycs

Jul 26, 2006
PDANet works for me when I do USB tethering. I just had to install the Samsung specific driver first.

likingandroid

Jul 25, 2010
I get the same error. NAT error message to long. I noticed that MTU is lowered to 1280 and not to 1250 as earlier posts suggests.

Anyone find a working soloution?

heygrl

Nov 20, 2009
Las Vegassss
Barnacle is working great. Not quite as fast as WiFi tether it seems, everything is just a little bit worse as far as speed goes.

Pneumatic

Jul 18, 2010
I can't get 3G in my house but I am curious to try this out with the iPad. So far every version has had issues when using the iPad or iTouch on 3G (edge works but it is very slow).

sikkboy626

Jul 20, 2007
I'm losing hope for this app. I installed the newest update and it still doesn't work. My iPhone can connect to the WiFi, but won't go on the internet due to "NAT message too long" error. Sucks, such potential too.

dabezt1

May 25, 2007
I'm losing hope for this app. I installed the newest update and it still doesn't work. My iPhone can connect to the WiFi, but won't go on the internet due to "NAT message too long" error. Sucks, such potential too.

After updating to newest version and using the settings here I can tether my iPad at 3G speeds and now I can actually view YouTube videos and use netflix. Before I was only able to use pandora and browse. Also barnacle didn't show constant errors this time.

sikkboy626

Jul 20, 2007
After updating to newest version and using the settings here I can tether my iPad at 3G speeds and now I can actually view YouTube videos and use netflix. Before I was only able to use pandora and browse. Also barnacle didn't show constant errors this time.

Wow, no way! Did you have to change any of the settings for it? I keep getting NAT errors. What if any tweaks did you make?

dabezt1

May 25, 2007
Wow, no way! Did you have to change any of the settings for it? I keep getting NAT errors. What if any tweaks did you make?

Dammit I tried it again here at my apartment and didn't work. Nothing changed besides having less signal here. I'll give it another shot when i have more bars. I was so excited :(

sikkboy626

Jul 20, 2007
Awww, that sucks, I was already getting jazzed for some success.