Although my nexus is only about 2 years old, in this day and age, it feels like it's getting outdated and old. I'm starting to get an itch to upgrade my GNex phone and wouldn't mind a few suggestions. My GNex is the first smartphone that I really started to use it as a information consumption device to browse the web, read articles and play games on. As such I've found I do spend a lot of time on it. The things that bother me most are as follows:
1. Poor battery life - even with the 2000mah samsung battery, this hardly gets me through a day without plugging it in somewhere (I don't like carrying extra batteries or a portable battery)
2. Speakers - hardly audible loudspeaker to watch any videos or youtube
3. Screen brightness - I'd say this is acceptable but not as good as it could be
4. Touchscreen responsiveness - not really jittery or lag as that was fixed with jelly bean, but the touchscreen does lag compared to an iphone. I'm not sure if that's just and android or a hardware issue
Things I do like about my Nexus
1. Stock android - for quick updates and no bloatware
2. Formfactor - I think the size is about right, I can do with a bit larger screen like the S4 but not as big as a samsung galaxy note. I want to still be able to put the phone in my back pocket.
Things that I don't really care for
1. Removable battery - I don't see myself ever taking another battery with me
2. Removable microSD card - My 16gb is fine, I never store large videos or files in my phone
3. Camera - Decent pictures are fine, I don't use the camera for anything other than posting or record photos...
4. Super high end build quality - Metal back, glass, anodized aluminum... it's nice but not necessary and doesn't really sway in my decisions
So for those of you who have used other phones, are you able to give some advice in comparison relative to the GNex. I was thinking of the samsung galaxy s4, but wasn't so sure how the battery life compares given it has a faster processor and bigger screen as well as how different the touchwiz is. The LG G2 looks promising too with the 3000mah battery, but I'm hearing mixed reviews with the software and weird button layout.
Any other suggestions on phones... I haven't looked at any of the sony line up or the HTC. If anyone has any first hand experience it would be great, especially from a GNex user.