[Q] Possible Permanent Bricked While trying to unroot. Help?

Search This thread

Alexrt890

Mar 13, 2013
Hello, I was trying to unroot my phone in order to get the latest 4.4 update on galaxy note 3 (tmobile version). I was using Odin and it stated that it was a failure. Once done, my phone brought me to this screen which gave me options. "Reboot System now" "Apply update from ADB" "Apply update from external storage" "wipe data/factory reset" "wipe cache partition" and "apply update from cache". Under all of this it states "E: failed to mount /system (invalid argument). I tried wiping my data, however it did not work. I also tried taking out the battery several times and rebooting the device, but it stays stuck on the samsung logo. I originally had TWRP as my recovery. Everytime I get stuck into the samsung logo after I take out the battery I boot into recovery and the same screen shows up. Anything I can do to fix it? Help would highly be appreciated. Please help.

Techniques

Jul 14, 2012
You're in the wrong forums. There's a T-Mobile N3 forums. Anyway, you could try going into download mode by holding home and volume up when you boot up and Odin the full firmware from your computer. Latest I believe is NF4.

Alexrt890

Mar 13, 2013
You're in the wrong forums. There's a T-Mobile N3 forums. Anyway, you could try going into download mode by holding home and volume up when you boot up and Odin the full firmware from your computer. Latest I believe is NF4.
Oh I didn't know. And would you happen to have the link to the full firmware. It would be a huge help.

Alexrt890

Mar 13, 2013

Techniques

Jul 14, 2012
Thanks I appreciate it.Just to make sure, I need to download the stock nf4 image and put it into Odin. Once done I put my phone into Odin Mode and pass it over. But when Im using Odin on the computer what exactly do I do? I locate the file and put it in "AP" and start the process. Is that all there is to it?

I believe so.