[Q] G2X and Wireless N

Search This thread

Izzydroolin

Apr 21, 2011
Dallas Texas
Has anyone been able to successfully connect to 802.11n? I have a Cisco Linksys E3000 Advanced Dual-Band Wireless-N Router and my laptop connects to N without issue. My G2x has no issue finding my G band and connecting to it, but the N isn't even detected. I'm not filtering by MAC address and the N band has plenty of ip's available in the DHCP pool. Additionally, Other devices can connect to the N band without issue. I saw someone had mentioned something about wireless N previously, but I can't find the post anymore.

Last edited:

s00paSold3r

Oct 15, 2010
Houston,TX
Has anyone been able to successfully connect to 802.11n? I have a Cisco Linksys E2500 Advanced Dual-Band Wireless-N Router and my laptop connects to N without issue. My G2x has no issue finding my G band and connecting to it, but the N isn't even detected. I'm not filtering by MAC address and the N band has plenty of ip's available in the DHCP pool. Additionally, Other devices can connect to the N band without issue. I saw someone had mentioned something about wireless N previously, but I can't find the post anymore.

I am the one having this issue also, but mine is with my dual band Time Capsule..Is there a setting somewhere how to activate the N on our phones?????

Izzydroolin

Apr 21, 2011
Dallas Texas
I just double checked a few spec sheets, just to make sure, but this is what they all say...

Connectivity
Bluetooth:Yes
Wi-Fi: Yes (802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n)

So I'm fairly certain I'm not all hopped up on crazy pills like Mugatu. Is it possible this feature is disabled like the FM radio?

Amd4life

Dec 30, 2010
nope its not picking up my wireless N band on my dual router (vizio), I think its more a froyo thing than anything

my mytouch wouldnt pick it up either, until I ran 2.3.3

worker1

May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Mine won't connect when I set my wifi (asus rt-n12 w/ dd-wrt) to wireless-n only. My nexus one had no problems with this.

Has anyone been able to successfully connect to 802.11n? I have a Cisco Linksys E3000 Advanced Dual-Band Wireless-N Router and my laptop connects to N without issue. My G2x has no issue finding my G band and connecting to it, but the N isn't even detected. I'm not filtering by MAC address and the N band has plenty of ip's available in the DHCP pool. Additionally, Other devices can connect to the N band without issue. I saw someone had mentioned something about wireless N previously, but I can't find the post anymore.

I have a Cisco/Linksys WRT400N and all the phones (Nexus One-Super AOSP 2.3.3, G2-CM7 Nightly #40 2.3.3 and G2X Rooted Froyo 2.2.2) connect fine. Only when I was changing kernels or something did I ever have an issue. :confused:

brentil

Sep 12, 2008
I have a Netgear WNR3500L and set to 300Mbps.
Phone can only connect up to 72Mbps.

At most our phones can theoreticaly connect at 150 mbps, to do more than that you have to have dual band antenas inside of the phone which I don't know if there are any phones that even do that.

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
The phone does only 2.4 ghz N not 5 ghz N so check your routers to see what bands its using. Also 5 ghz N can go up to 300 mbps and 2.4 ghz N only goes up to 120 i believe.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
It definitely supports N. I have a dual band router and my 2.4ghz radio was running 802.11G/802.11N and my G2X in Speedtest would hit 30mbps down and 20mbps up.

With JUST 802.11G the G2X maxes at 15mbps down and 10mbps up.

I've left the radio on 802.11G since it for some reason seems to take less battery and 15mbps is good enough for me right now ;)

jrwingate6

Aug 13, 2009
Charm City
I'm connecting to my DIR 655 with no problems. What is everyone using to see what speed it's connecting at and whether it's connecting through B,G or N. I am showing a link speed of 65 mbps under network settings.

MadeeBee

Aug 27, 2006
New York, NY
Linksys Dual Band N Router

Hmmm, I was looking up a problem I am having connecting to my Linksys Wireless N router and found this thread.

I am having the same issue... Can't connect at home over N, but connect at work over G with no issues.

Also I called TMobile a few days ago (had to return my original phone for another problem), but when we were trying to troubleshoot and I mentioned I had problems connecting at home, he asked if I had a Linksys wireless N router. I didn't think about it at the time until I saw this...

UPDATE:

Nothing I tried in these forums worked for me but I tell you what did. Using my old D-Link b, g router. Set this up and connected in no time, no disconnecting, no issues.

Last edited:

nvkudva

Jan 12, 2014
Working For me - fix is here

I had the same problem.
It wont show 5ghz / n by default.

First goto settings>wifi settings screen . click on menu and click advanced settings > Uncheck the wifi optimization.
And then scan networks. you should be able to find your n network.