Here is RC33Update.zip

Search This thread

Ron Overdrive

Feb 2, 2009
Thank you. I'm just gonna run RC33 and wait for JF before I root.

Get root first then wait for JF to release his version of RC33. You can't install a custom firmware unless you root your G1 ahead of time and there's no guarantee that you will be able to downgrade RC33 to RC29 to be able to root it as I don't believe anyone has tried it yet.

hetaldp

Jun 26, 2007
Nashik
This is only and Full Radio Upgrade Image with 5 new Packages and atleast 100 Patches to old .odex and .apk files

I think a Full RC33 would be better for Hacking Community to have a Modded and Rooted Version from JF

TimSykes

Jul 24, 2007
Woot! way to go HetalPatel

I'll get to work on it once I get off work this evening. :) Should have it by 8-9pm (central US time)

WHAT!!! its not done yet. GOD!!! you are taking forever!!!!

Sorry someone had to say it. there is always a post like it. Thanks for the great firmware mods JF. I look forward to the next one.

boosted13b

Nov 23, 2008
Get root first then wait for JF to release his version of RC33. You can't install a custom firmware unless you root your G1 ahead of time and there's no guarantee that you will be able to downgrade RC33 to RC29 to be able to root it as I don't believe anyone has tried it yet.

JF helped someone revert to RC29 from RC33 just a few, well, alot of pages back in this same thread. So, it is possible.

canOpoop

Oct 18, 2007
DFW Metroplex
Thank you. I'm just gonna run RC33 and wait for JF before I root.

Hey all
I just rooted my phone today and I'm running JFv1.41. I would like to try out the RC33 update I thought it would be as simple as just renaming the RC33 file to update.zip on the root of my SD card and going through the usual steps. The Build is JFv1.41 but when i do an Alt+S it says:

E:No signature (170 files)
E:Verification failed
Installation aborted.

How do get back to the original RC30?

Thanks in advance!

acousticdank

Feb 5, 2009
Chicago
signed-PLAT-RC33-from-RC30.f06aa9b3.zip

The links are as Below

https://android.clients.google.com/updates/signed-PLAT-RC33-from-RC30.f06aa9b3.zip
http://64bit.in/signed-PLAT-RC33-from-RC30.f06aa9b3.zip
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AMR2SBT8
http://rapidshare.com/files/194349437/signed-PLAT-RC33-from-RC30.f06aa9b3.zip.html

THIS FILE is SIGNED WITH ORIGINAL Google Private Keys so ALL ROOT Users wait for JF to come with JF33

Or if you have Knowledge to Rapir Recovery and Boot Image out of this and Sign it with Test Keys and Update it to your G1.'

Fresh Packages Included
app\IM.odex
app\SystemUpdater.apk
app\SystemUpdater.odex
app\TmoImPlugin.apk
app\VoiceSearch.apk
app\VoiceSearch.odex

Radio Image Included
radio.img 20.8 MB

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=3279845#post3279845

this guy beat you but a new post was a good idea cause that thread is a jumble :p

ultraman69

Jul 6, 2007
If you are not Interested Rooting the Device go on and raname Rc33 zip file to

update.zip and place it in Memory Card and Press Home + Power Button Constantly while booting and load RC33 right into the G1

awesome, just updated...to complete the update instruction for those that are lazy to search like me, alt-l to bring up menu and alt-s to apply update

hetaldp

Jun 26, 2007
Nashik
Hey all
I just rooted my phone today and I'm running JFv1.41. I would like to try out the RC33 update I thought it would be as simple as just renaming the RC33 file to update.zip on the root of my SD card and going through the usual steps. The Build is JFv1.41 but when i do an Alt+S it says:

E:No signature (170 files)
E:Verification failed
Installation aborted.

How do get back to the original RC30?

Thanks in advance!

All Rooted Device from JF Firmware uses Testkeys to recheck the firmware package and Google Update.zip is signed with google Keys so being unmatched Signature checksum it will not Update to new firmware. AND THIS IS JUST AS INTENDED as We dont want to wake in Moring with some RCxx taking away our root and hackability

canOpoop

Oct 18, 2007
DFW Metroplex
All Rooted Device from JF Firmware uses Testkeys to recheck the firmware package and Google Update.zip is signed with google Keys so being unmatched Signature checksum it will not Update to new firmware. AND THIS IS JUST AS INTENDED as We dont want to wake in Moring with some RCxx taking away our root and hackability

Understood. do you know where i get the google keys? or am i SOL?

omboy

Feb 5, 2009
Question regarding installation

Hey guys,

I am new to the forums and just had a novice question. I have a Google g1 unlocked and not running on the T mobile network, Its currently running rc30 I was wondering how is it possible for me to install the latest RC33 update as I am not on T mobile and also do I need to root the phone to get this update?
Sorry if this question has been answered, I was looking for a step by step guide but didn't come across anything. BTW I am not into hacking the device or having root access but just want the update.

Thanks in advance

K

korndub

Hey guys,

I am new to the forums and just had a novice question. I have a Google g1 unlocked and not running on the T mobile network, Its currently running rc30 I was wondering how is it possible for me to install the latest RC33 update as I am not on T mobile and also do I need to root the phone to get this update?
Sorry if this question has been answered, I was looking for a step by step guide but didn't come across anything. BTW I am not into hacking the device or having root access but just want the update.

Thanks in advance
if you just want rc33 with no root, download the rc30 to rc33 update which is on page 2,3 and put it on you SD card, rename it to Update.zip, power off phone, power on while holding home button, then press alt S

athlaig

Feb 5, 2009
Can anyone get me the link for the directions to install RC33? I tried searching and did not find any. Much appreciated!

Darkrift

Oct 5, 2006
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I think 80% of the users posting in this thread DO NOT READ!!!. This is not the update for root users. this is just the official update being posted so JF can modify it. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS UNLESS YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT ROOT. Please stop asking the same question someone else asked 3 posts before you. Read the forums and you will find the answers you seek. Once again, this is the official rom and is not modified yet.

And to all of you guys who keep answering the same question over and over, keep in mind you are throwing yourself into an infinite loop because as soon as you answer someone else will ask it again.

Ryanmo5

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 20, 2008
Goodyear
Can anyone get me the link for the directions to install RC33? I tried searching and did not find any. Much appreciated!
Download update, rename it update, put on sdcard main. Shut off phone, restart in recovery by holding home + end keys. alt s to update. See post above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elmejor183

Jan 15, 2009
Bronx, NY
Want to point out direct download from google pulls up this error:
------------
Google
Error

Server Error
The service you requested is not available yet.
Please try again in 30 seconds.
------------

Is google doing this now to protect themselves or might just be a server error? Any ideas?

Ryanmo5

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 20, 2008
Goodyear

Dharkaron

Nov 26, 2008
Ames
Thats just there so the server doesnt get overwhelmed. Just refresh till it starts to download or visit one of the 3 other sites to dl from.

acousticdank

Feb 5, 2009
Chicago
Want to point out direct download from google pulls up this error:
------------
Google
Error

Server Error
The service you requested is not available yet.
Please try again in 30 seconds.
------------

Is google doing this now to protect themselves or might just be a server error? Any ideas?

I had this error and then pressed refresh and it started downloading.