clockwork recovery

Search This thread

cell2011

Apr 11, 2011
charleston wv
im on green clockwork recovery and no matter what i try to flash it says bad zip. Also i have wipe everything and formattted sd card. Can i just unroot and fastboot usb mode? please need help

MrSpartan

Dec 31, 2011
Highland
There is one application on the Market called 'HTC Eris One Click Root', it installs a custom recovery and at the same time you it gives a zip so you can root the Eris. This might not be relevant to your situation, however, if you delete your current recovery mode and you can try this; this is just a suggestion.

Hope this helped :D

jayram1408

Mar 25, 2012
Denver
I can fix cars but I might have jacked my Eris

So i have ClockworkMod, And was using CyogenMod 7, no problems, Even tried a few other Roms, well I was switching Roms one day with the battery low. Stupid me. It died in the middle of it (F..k me). I now have the problem of- assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot")
E:Errorn /sdcard/update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-desirec-signed.zip
(status7)
installation aborted.

This happens or similar no matter the ROM!!
And my nandroid backup- Well its now missing!!!

What can I do? I can boot into hboot and go to usbbootlogger and into clockworkmod recovery so it aint bricked yet! Might as well be though cause I am using a old NON ANDROID hoopdee till I fix this one. Its like my Cadiliac is broke and Im driving a VW bug till I fix it! Ugh!!!! This was a Verizion Flashed(reprogramed by me with no problems) for months. I guess I know enough to fix it if some one holds my hand through the steps! Or enough to get myself in trouble!!! Anyway, any suggestions! And yes please talk to me like im 5 explaining all the steps in detail or It just might be bricked! If you live in Denver Colorado I will fix some Cars for some phone help! That is a great deal as cars are way more expensive as the tools and schooling are Very expensive! A scanner will buy you 50 new phones!!! But hey, I just want my phone back! And ya might get your car fixed for it!

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
well I was switching Roms one day with the battery low. Stupid me. It died in the middle of it (F..k me). I now have the problem of- assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot")
(status7)
installation aborted.

What can I do? I can boot into hboot and go to usbbootlogger and into clockworkmod recovery

You should be able to flash ErisMTDNuke_v0.9.zip from within ClockworkMod recovery. Get it here.

Note that this procedure will completely wipe out the "boot", "system", and "data" partitions, so you should also either:

(a) have a ROM on your SD card ready to install OR
(b) figure out what you did to your nandroid backups and restore one of those.

You can do the flashing of the ROM or nandroid restore in the same session of ClockworkMod after flashing the ErisMTDNuke_v0.9.zip repair.

As you've learned, do this stuff with a 100% charged phone.

Let us know how it works.

bftb0

Reactions: jayram1408

jayram1408

Mar 25, 2012
Denver
I really messed up now

Now it wont even light up, turn on, charge, NADA. Does this mean its toast? Nothing.

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
Now it wont even light up, turn on, charge, NADA. Does this mean its toast? Nothing.

What exactly was it that you attempted? Did you charge it before you did anything?

You might try pulling the battery, wait a couple seconds, press each of the mechanical buttons (vol-up/down, send, trackball, end) once, and re-insert the battery, and put it on the charger. (This is a very long shot, probably will do nothing.)

Note that if you left the phone sitting in HBOOT, FASTBOOT, RUU mode, or a bootloop the battery can discharge even if you have it plugged into a USB hub. IIRC Li-Ion battery packs have a safety circuit that prevents charging if the battery charge (voltage) level drops too low.

It is possible that you simply have a dead battery that can not be recharged. Not easy to tell if that is the case, though - if you plug an Eris in to a charger without its battery, it won't start up in any mode even though there is (in principle) sufficient voltage/current (I just tried it on a working Eris). About the only way to know for sure is to see whether it's the phone or the battery is if it will go into any mode with a known-good battery.

I just measured the open-terminal voltage on a charged Eris battery - 4.11 V

bftb0

jayram1408

Mar 25, 2012
Denver
Battery reads 3.89 volts

I don't know what happened? I did'nt get a chance to do anything. I tried to boot into recovery and that was the last time it did anything. No lights, beeps, backlights, even no charge indicator. I cleaned the contacts with alcohol, still nothing. Its like its fried. I am wondering if it has lost all programing and that prevents buttons and charging from working?

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
I don't know what happened? I did'nt get a chance to do anything. I tried to boot into recovery and that was the last time it did anything. No lights, beeps, backlights, even no charge indicator. I cleaned the contacts with alcohol, still nothing. Its like its fried. I am wondering if it has lost all programing and that prevents buttons and charging from working?

That sounds like a hardware problem other than the battery - I think that the discharged voltage for a low Li-Ion battery is close to 3.0v or below, so a discharged battery is probably not your problem.

100% of all "software" - even the bootloader itself - is stored on the single NAND flash chip in the phone. So, it could be that the bootloader code got corrupted, but it could also be any number of other hardware defects that prevents the phone from getting to the point where it loads and runs the bootloader code. It could even be something trivially simple like a problem in the battery charging circuit - it seems hard to imagine that the microprocessor needs to be awake and running (maybe in deep power down mode) for the battery charging to be operational.

jayram1408

Mar 25, 2012
Denver
Ok cooked eris.

I liked it so much I found a near new one on Craigs List for 30. And im back up and good again. Flashed Amon RA Recovery this time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well I was switching Roms one day with the battery low. Stupid me. It died in the middle of it (F..k me). I now have the problem of- assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot")
    (status7)
    installation aborted.

What can I do? I can boot into hboot and go to usbbootlogger and into clockworkmod recovery

You should be able to flash ErisMTDNuke_v0.9.zip from within ClockworkMod recovery. Get it here.

Note that this procedure will completely wipe out the "boot", "system", and "data" partitions, so you should also either:

(a) have a ROM on your SD card ready to install OR
    (b) figure out what you did to your nandroid backups and restore one of those.

You can do the flashing of the ROM or nandroid restore in the same session of ClockworkMod after flashing the ErisMTDNuke_v0.9.zip repair.

As you've learned, do this stuff with a 100% charged phone.

Let us know how it works.

bftb0