*updated* *ROM* miui-Revenge-mtd 6/1/2012

Search This thread

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
I've noticed that there are some apps in the Market that the phone can't install cause it's not supported, but they were allowed in the stock version. Yelp and Wells Fargo are the two that I've came across so far. Can anyone else confirm this?

Why write an OP if you guys skim it to find download link? From OP it says clear market cache and data after install and all apps will now show.....yelp & wells Fargo both download fine...

Reactions: twystn

goddi2010

Nov 15, 2010
Only problem i find is the Bluetooth issue... I know it's not easy to fix it when you have nothing to pair. So it will come with time. Great work hampster and erik

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA

Zombie138

Dec 28, 2011
I've noticed that there are some apps in the Market that the phone can't install cause it's not supported, but they were allowed in the stock version. Yelp and Wells Fargo are the two that I've came across so far. Can anyone else confirm this?

Yelp and Wells Fargo app work for me

andrew951

Sep 27, 2010
Hi! I read through it and I thought it was an app. lolol. But, I figured it out eventually. Now, I do think I've found a bug. After following the directions exactly, and after getting the market to work, the phone works great for a couple hours. But after that, swype, the calendar storage, and acore keep giving force close messages. Do you think you might know why?

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
Hi! I read through it and I thought it was an app. lolol. But, I figured it out eventually. Now, I do think I've found a bug. After following the directions exactly, and after getting the market to work, the phone works great for a couple hours. But after that, swype, the calendar storage, and acore keep giving force close messages. Do you think you might know why?

Boot to recovery clear dallvik cache and fix permissions. That will fix most problems. Not all but most.

Reactions: Beastmode

DnickDominic

Dec 23, 2011
Somewhere, FL
On the extended settings..my carrier name goes away so i have to turn it off then back on to show again
..should look into this..im flashing another version of miui extended settings...anyone else having this problem?

Sent From a Galaxy S with 4G

eb13

Mar 26, 2012
Denver
On the extended settings..my carrier name goes away so i have to turn it off then back on to show again
..should look into this..im flashing another version of miui extended settings...anyone else having this problem?

do you use the built in app killer (the one on recent app popup when you long press home)?
From what I can tell the extended settings gets pushed out of memory and shuts down causing some settings to revert. I personally turn off the carrier name but have noticed this because the app drawer will shut down which is controlled by the extended settings.

I would like to try this other one that you have too... Do you have a link to download?

"These are not the droids you're looking for..."

DnickDominic

Dec 23, 2011
Somewhere, FL
do you use the built in app killer (the one on recent app popup when you long press home)?
From what I can tell the extended settings gets pushed out of memory and shuts down causing some settings to revert. I personally turn off the carrier name but have noticed this because the app drawer will shut down which is controlled by the extended settings.

I would like to try this other one that you have too... Do you have a link to download?

"These are not the droids you're looking for..."

http://android.gcfam.net/devs/andy/Extended_settings/2.1.13/....by the accual maker...and i know now....

TO ERIKMM: Put the extd settings in system/app

Reactions: eb13

sklassy

Nov 1, 2010
Salem
All seems to be going well..bug my battery is still draining fast.. I tried flashing the gremlins remover. What I get was 0successful/0failed..I really like this rom but my draining battery is killing me!!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

dynamicj

Mar 13, 2011
Rock Hill,SC
Not sure the rebooted your experiencing but maybe you can launch the app causing it and get logs like he has asked..

If you read Q&A he stated using TB to remove the wifi calling for improved battery life.

Another note its stock overclocked to 1.4 reduce that and the voltage with tegrak it will help I'm at 18 hours with 76% left running 1.2ghz ... **** better yet read Q&A thread.

Racing19969

Aug 11, 2011
Columbus
www.cell-dr.com
No apps are causing the reboot.. The phone will be just sitting there and reboot.. I fixed the call issue, Switched to a different modem and it has not happened since. As far as removing wifi calling you shouldn't have to remove it to have better battery life. I will reset to stock, did not realize it was overclocked...

Quote "**** better yet read Q&A thread." Thanks for the info dynamicj But we can do without the sarcasm... I didn't notice there was a Q&A thread for this rom.

Zombie138

Dec 28, 2011
No apps are causing the reboot.. The phone will be just sitting there and reboot.. I fixed the call issue, Switched to a different modem and it has not happened since. As far as removing wifi calling you shouldn't have to remove it to have better battery life. I will reset to stock, did not realize it was overclocked...

Quote "**** better yet read Q&A thread." Thanks for the info dynamicj But we can do without the sarcasm... I didn't notice there was a Q&A thread for this rom.

Those were the same reboots I was having. Good to know now I wasn't the only one experiencing them. I just flashed back to the previous version with the fixed vibration kernel, no reboots

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok here we go second rom this is ported from Vibrant rom 2.1.20 :p

This is a WIP and it does have some bug which will be posted under bugs section. Installation will be under install instructions. Screenies will probably not be needed as we all know what MIUI looks like :D

Team Kick-Ass is Proud to Present:

miUI 2.1.20 :D
    Aroma Installer Included
    AntonX beta3 kernel included
    KD1 Modem Included

Installation Instructions:

FIRST AND FOREMOST BACKUP DATA BEFORE FLASHING AS CHANGES IN MIUI DO NOT ALLOW FOR DATA RESTORE THROUGH AROMA from another rom. If you are updating from earlier Miui releases then you can backup data.

Place rom in the root of sd card
    Reboot to recovery
    Install zip from sdcard
    choose zip from sdcard
    Flash rom by following aroma installer.
    Choose either Quick or Custom Install and only restore data if your coming from an earlier miui.
    After flash is done let it sit for 10 minutes...or you'll regret it :D

After install clear data and cache from market if you restore data and all apps will now show :D

Bugs:
    Weak Vibration
    No ringer(yes different port still no luck if you bug about it without helping ill slap u lol)
    Camcorder goes 7 seconds and stops
    You tell me.

Download will be in Second post always latest download link will not be striked out and will be at the top of the 2nd post.

RaverX3X for sgs4g deodexed stock rom and help like always :D
    FB for his aroma installer :D
    Hechoen for the help and testing.
    AntonX for kernel.
    Download links Will be Posted here.

miUI-Revenge-mtd

Changelog

First this is a big update mainly because it's
    an MTD miUI eventhough i didn't use cm as base it does
    have their kernel and bt fix so thanks team acid :p

- this is an updated version of miui , its miui 2.3.17 (i9000 port)

- bt fixed thanks to cm

- most things you'll have to check it out for yourself.

Installation: (follow it exactly if not I wont help because you can't read)

First Method:

Use CM7 installation intructions.

Second Method:

1 .Download the following:

efs-backup link : efs-backup

efs-restore link : efs-restore

miui-Revenge-mtd rom *check md5 posted below download link*

2. Place those three files in root of your sd card

3. Backup data with Titanium Backup or whatever app you use (optional)

4. Reboot to recovery

5. Do a Nandroid Backup

6. Flash EFS-Backup

7. Backup sd card to your computer ( you can do this by going to mounts and storage
    and mount USB storage, this way you wont leave recovery and the efs backup is in there too)

8. Flash miui-Revenge-mtd (it will start then reboot itself into blue cwm)

9. Go to Mounts and Storage

10. Format System

11. Mount System

12. Go back to main menu

13. Wipe data/factory reset

14. Go into Install zip from sdcard

15. Choose zip from sdcard

16. Flash efs-restore

17. Flash miUI-Revenge-mtd

18. Reboot.

19. Let it sit for 10 mins or so.

20. Enjoy.

miUI-Revenge-mtd Download:

Don't click me if you're not going to read :p

MD5:

c11d40b531ae0f7e184a307f474339c0

Read OP as it has changed.

okay guys this is a biggie of an oopdate :p
    First and Foremost I'd like to say thomas.raines has joined
    team Kick-Ass :p so as you can imagine first thing in changelog is
    Added Lighting Zap (thanks thomas)
    Added Hampsterblade's vibrator fix kernel :D
    Added fully working Miui Extended Settings
    Fixed Apps2sd failing at times.
    Fixed that annoying Move2sd card popup on every boot now it's only on first boot.
    Fixed Browser force closing on pinch to zoom
    Fixed Firewall(DND) force close - test and if it doesnt work report with LOGS
    Fixed Market now you should be able to find all apps
    Fixed Screenshots not saving
    Removed some bloat like Miui forums(not all , not yet)
    Changed some bluetooth stuff but no bluetooth to test so again logs.

Download Link:
    Downloading now....

After install clear data and cache from market if you restore data and all apps will now show :D

Ringer FIXED you guys can all thank hechoen :p
    and hampsterblade for his ringer fix :p
    and added antonx beta5 kernel :D

Download from here:
    There you go download! :)

0.0.1 Pilot Release lol
    Is this the download link or are you happy to see me? lol
    mine too

Questions & Answer from me to you :D

Q. Who the **** is Team Kick-Ass
    A. It's me er1kmm, tester/helping me Hechoen :p (wave hi hechoen) and new to the team thomas.raines ( salute to the crowd tom :p )

Q. Why flash this miUI over other miUI.
    A. Idk, you don't have to.

Q. What's different in this miUI?
    A.
    Heres a list:
    First and foremost it's miui 2.1.20 which is newer, eh
    Wifi Calling App WIP on miUI it turns on fine but doesn't allow calls(looking into it)
    Call Recording while on call working.
    Volume rocker to wake phone
    Miui Control Panel( only app drawer works atm)

Q. Why do you keep posting rom and i hate you?
    A. LOL idk if you don't like it report it :D.

I will edit these when i add stuff and from here down will be stupid questions asked that are in OP or subsequent posts :D
    MIUI kernel version 2 is released. Faster boot time, more stable, updated codebase, non-OC version, and faster in general. link is in my signature.
    For those wanting vibrate. Here's a fix. I pushed it to AntonX so it should be included in future releases. This is the v5 kernel, it has the OC/UV in it, and I added a vibrate fix to the kernel.

Note: this is only for BML, vibrate works in MTD.