Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scann69

So it's been a long while since i last turn on my HD2 and so now i finally decided to flash it to the latest CD rom. Sorry for asking as i know it's been probably asked many times before but i've read some of the responds and am not sure what i'm reading. I've really lost touch with flashing the HD2. Below are my questions and i hope somebody is able to help me out since the instructions is not very clear to me.

When i re-partition the SD card from recovery, what amount of MB should i select for.....
1) 1st sd-ext partition = ?
2) 2nd sd-ext partition = ?
3) swap partition = ?
4) filesystem = Ext3 or Ext4?
5) In recovery after the partition is done, do i need to select ext3 - ext4 - ext3? what should i select?
6) During the flashing, i'm giving a choice to choose install MAGLDR or CLK. Which should i select?

Sorry for the noob questions but it's been more then a year since i last flashed the HD2. Appreciate any help i can get :eek:

rafiqzadah

Jun 8, 2010
Pennsylvania
So it's been a long while since i last turn on my HD2 and so now i finally decided to flash it to the latest CD rom. Sorry for asking as i know it's been probably asked many times before but i've read some of the responds and am not sure what i'm reading. I've really lost touch with flashing the HD2. Below are my questions and i hope somebody is able to help me out since the instructions is not very clear to me.

When i re-partition the SD card from recovery, what amount of MB should i select for.....
3) swap partition = ?
5) In recovery after the partition is done, do i need to select ext3 - ext4 - ext3? what should i select?
6) During the flashing, i'm giving a choice to choose install MAGLDR or CLK. Which should i select?

Sorry for the noob questions but it's been more then a year since i last flashed the HD2. Appreciate any help i can get :eek:

Just to let you know. Tigermoto has an install tutorial in his signature for the HD2 I myself have lost the touch of flashing for HD2 so can not tell you right off the top of my mind the exact instructions. So that is why I am pointing you in the direction of Tigermoto. Please look at his signature... You will be pleased.

Inflicted By Venom

Reactions: Scann69

Tigermoto

Nov 7, 2008
Rochdale, GBR

3) swap partition = ?

Just to let you know. Tigermoto has an install tutorial in his signature for the HD2 I myself have lost the touch of flashing for HD2 so can not tell you right off the top of my mind the exact instructions. So that is why I am pointing you in the direction of Tigermoto. Please look at his signature... You will be pleased.

Inflicted By Venom

Thanks Raf, but it's not there anymore, no one was using it.
However, Scann, if it's 3.7 you are flashing, you can see my guide here

Scann69

Thanks Raf, but it's not there anymore, no one was using it.
However, Scann, if it's 3.7 you are flashing, you can see my guide here

Hey Raf...thanks for the reply.

Tigermoto....thanks for the guide. It's very detail and useful to me. I've followed your steps and it's all good....until after the Task29, i reboot into the tri colour screen and i'm now trying to run the MAGLDR113 but it's giving me and Error 260: Connection. I'm guessing this is due to drivers but for the life of me i cannot find the drivers i need to get this running. I've gotten Windows Mobile Device Center installed. I recall there are somethings i need to uncheck in settings of Windows Mobile Device Center but i really cannot recall anymore.

Appreciate your help on this error code.

P/s: On the tri colour screen, it already says ContullaHSPL

rafiqzadah

Jun 8, 2010
Pennsylvania
I believe If you use the Daf thingy to install Magldr while in the Tri color screen, it should help. A note while your phone is connected via USB to pc while in tri color screen. At the bottom (white portion) of the screen it should read something like "USB Serial" or "Serial." Please use this thread to install Magldr. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=893618

And a side note. Please Please. To save you some time, you do not to do Task29 ever... I have nearly bricked my phone and have never found the need to Task29. Please it will save you from finding old drivers and having to install Magldr again.

Inflicted By Venom

Reactions: Scann69

ljjehl

Apr 6, 2008
SA,TX
Android Wear
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Hi there,

I copied all my contents from my micro SD card to my PC and then formated the micro SD card, partitioned it and then copied it all back onto the micro SD card and now all my apps and settings etc are gone.

Is there a way of getting back myapps and programs to original? I thought the coredroid was a ROM and that copying and puttting back the data onto the SD card wouldnt effect this as someone on here told me if I move to a new SD card that all I needed to do was copy the contents across and swap.

Please help as I have lost my kakaochat talk contacts and no way to restore that I think.

I am on core droid 1.8. Reason I formatted was because the phone was nearly not ususable as it kept on crashing and rebooting when I used usual programs such as skype and now it was even doing it in a browser.

Thanks.

The reason why you did not get your apps, its because they are probably on a second partition on that card, the ext4 partition. I'm not sure if you are eu512 or 1024. It has been a while for me, as I have been developing on the dhd/inspire thread. If you are on froyo 1.8, then this may only be one partition. I suggest using titanium backup to backup all your app and data settings. If you have already formatted your card and you have only one partition, then you will possibly have to use third party recovery software to get it back.

To check if you have more than one partition, you need to use easus partition master. This program works great on checking out your SD card on windows, as windows normally can only see the first partition. Have fun!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using DroiDevs Premium Plus

ljjehl

Apr 6, 2008
SA,TX
Android Wear
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Yeh I think I may of thought that after I had done it. I have easeus and will go and see if I can retrieve it :(

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

I tried to retrieve it but it doesnt find any lost partitions......if I delete what is on there now and then use it......will it find the one I just deleted or will it try or may find both of themm?

Meaning yesterday I formatted in Windows and repartitioned it in clockwork mod in my phone.........it set itself up (which brought me to the problem I am having now) and now if I delete the partition it currently has and try and recover will it find that one or maybe both? Because Easeus didnt find any current lost partitions but maybe thats because of the current structure is the same?

Deserves me right trying to do stuff at 4am :( overlooked the partition issue

The more you mess (formatting) with the microsd, the less likely the data can be recovered. Here's a tut showing how to use Easus for what you hope to find: http://www.easeus.com/resource/sd-card-format-recovery.htm

ljjehl

Apr 6, 2008
SA,TX
Android Wear
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
OK thanks. I didnt bother doing it in the end. I got lazy.

However using this HD2 phone is very frustrating. It continually lags, it crashes.....is it just a problem with my phone? Do other people have these issues?

I was told to reformat the micro SD card and do again and really it has never worked for me. I changed brands of micro SD card and it really made no difference.

Sometimes I feel like throwing the phone as its just too frustrating to use. I feel like just getting a new phone and be donie with it but I want to give it to my mum but wont give it to her knowing it works like this.

From what I remember when on WinMo6.5 I had similar issues but I figured it was the OS itself.

It would be nice if someone could post a video of them operating Coredroid on their HD2 so I can see the difference. I dont even feel like using the phone unless I really have to.

By the way why does no one post in this thread anymore? Is there a new ROM now people use?

Its possible some of us updated, as well as broke or crippled (mine) our phones. The froyo or GB 3.5 versions of CD still works fine.

Maybe you can simply reinstall recovery so you can wipe the partitions completely. Also, if you have used the 3.5 GB version, you more than likely have junk in your 2nd partition slowing your phone down. windows can't see this second ext4 partition, so you need to reformat this in 4ext recovery

Edit: GMb, I didn't realize this was a continued response on the same issue. My last post was from my phone. I really suggest re installing your partitions. BUT....Before you do this, try wiping cache in 4ext recovery. (if you have this installed) CWM may also have it, not sure anymore, as it has been a while since I messed with my HD2. Wiping cache may help remove some of those issues that is slowing down the phone.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using DroiDevs Premium Plus

Last edited:

ljjehl

Apr 6, 2008
SA,TX
Android Wear
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Doesnt it already re-do that partition when I re-installed a new build? Thats when you chose to have 512, 1gb, 2gb etc right? I am contemplating just getting a new SD card as will be less messy and possibly trying one of the Jelly Bean roms.

This thread used to be very active but seems everyone has left it, so I was assuming maybe people have shifted to other ROMS.

It depends on if you actually wiped those partitions before the new builds were installed. Simply reinstalling those builds do not always do the job. As a rule of thumb, I always wipe all the internal partitions (system) and 4ext partition (2nd ext partition on sdcard, if applicable) before I start a new build. I try to leave the sdcard itself (1st FAT32 partition of sdcard) alone. Sometimes, there is still some junk in androidsecure and data portions on the sdcard. In that regard, manually wiping internal partitions, as well as data/ext partitions on the sdcard, is the best route for a new build.

If there is a major issue after this has been done and new build added, I always like to reinstall the recovery to completely wipe out the partitions and ensure no issues still arise.

Regardin CoreDroid updates: It's going to be difficult to update a new CD Rom for HD2, as virtually all the team has moved up the ladder on newer phones. I did for necessity, as did others. We are still supporting the current rom, though.

Some of the team has been testing Themechooser skinning for their prospective devices. This comes in line for the JellyBean CM10/AOKP versions out on other Roms being built out there. At this point, this is still a WIP, I may update this in the future, if this actually works properly with CD skinning.

Officially, we will maintain the current rom on the HD2, but to see any new updates, you may have to look at our website for more information. The link is below.

ljjehl

Apr 6, 2008
SA,TX
Android Wear
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
I whacked in my SD card now (after deleting the 2nd patrition the 1st time without knowing) and Easeus tells me the 2nd partition it is a EXT3 partition, not EXT4. However this is how Clockwork or Magldr set it up since it was done in the preboot up menu.

If I do go and put another new SD card into the phone, and maybe put a new or different build on it....is there something I should be baccking up from the internal rom or can I simply just copy these partitions over to a new card and boot up (if I just decide to move to another card)

If I remember right, we were formatting the ext on the card as EXT4. I may be wrong, as it has been a while. TigerMoto still has his how-to in reinstalling from scratch, if you want to go this route. Yes, you can transfer stuff from one sdcard to other, but you may also transfer the junk you don't want.

ljjehl

Apr 6, 2008
SA,TX
Android Wear
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Very strange then as I only used the clockwork/magldr to format the card as per the instructions in the instructions. And I believe the issue why I did not see the extra partition as I put the card into a USB flash device that didnt see the partition, but now using the micro SD's SD card reader it finds it fine.

Why would mine be formatting as EXT3?

I think I will buy a new higher class card and do a fresh install as the card in there is only 2gb class 2. I was using a 8gb class 2 sandisk before but I had a suspicion it was a bootleg Sandisk since it was bundled with the phone on Ebay.

I actually used a 16GB class 10 for mine when I had it working. just be sure to follow all of Tigermoto's instructions...

Diamondback

Retired Dev Committee Lead / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
As of November 7th CoreDroid officially moved all its support to another site.

Due to repeated kanging from other Roms as well as needing CST paid version to obtain the latest version of the Rom, anything related to the CoreDroid team is not allowed to be posted anymore on XDA and is from now on considered warez.
This includes: Signatures, links, themes, as well as any work developed by the CD team or included in any Rom.

TL;dr: If you included anything from CD in your work, you have to remove it.

We appreciate your understanding on the matter in hand,
XDA Moderation team

Reactions: Black-FR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [20 FEB][MAG] HD2 CoreDroid GB 2.3.5 V3.7 & Froyo 1.8 [SENSE 3.5][FAST|SMOOTH]ONLINE!

MOD EDIT: As of November 7th CoreDroid officially moved all its support to another site.

Due to repeated kanging from other Roms as well as needing CST paid version to obtain the latest version of the Rom, anything related to the CoreDroid team is not allowed to be posted anymore on XDA and is from now on considered warez.
    This includes: Signatures, links, themes, as well as any work developed by the CD team or included in any Rom.

TL;dr: If you included anything from CD in your work, you have to remove it.

We appreciate your understanding on the matter in hand,
    XDA Moderation team
    Downloads

MOD EDIT: Removed content
    Read read read read read!!!!!!!!!