[Q] Nvidia apps (ex. Grid Beta) on other devices?

Search This thread

mx98station

Dec 11, 2013
I had been looking into running certain applications that for some reason only run on other devices I do not have onto my own set of devices, such as my primary, the note 3 from Verizon. I had successfully been able to achieve root and have safestrap with a partition of hyperdrive so I can test apps on there without ruining my default rom. First, I had seen that a file called, "build.prop" was accessible after root to mess around with to achieve running "non-compatible" apps on my note 3. While this did seem like a good method to attempt to get apps I could not get originally from the play store, a problem struck (well actually a few more than one). I needed to know multiple pieces of info from the device that was compatible with the app I wanted to use in the first place such as model number etc. I thought at first that I would have been able to get that info off the Nvidia Shield by searching it up online. That however was a failure since I could note find anything. My main point is that I would like to know if there is a way of flashing or installing the nvidia grid app to my note 3 after having succeeded to root the device.

LiveMChief

Feb 11, 2014
This has been talked about before, a guy attepted to get it too work on another device but failed.

Grid is mean't only for the shield, no offense but we also don't need people from other devices sucking up grids connections anyway.

Also if I remember right, on nvidia's forums nvidia tried to make it in a way to only work on the shield.

If you really want to play pc games on it, use splashtop thd and stream games from your pc too your device.

Reactions: leolawliet

mudflap2.0

Apr 7, 2014
try this

if you have a rooted ouya, and know how to extract an appstore apk, then try the amazing frog on the shield, it has full controller support for shield and is pretty fun, especially if you want the experience on the go

Shadsterwolf

Jan 25, 2014
Chicago
This has been talked about before, a guy attepted to get it too work on another device but failed.
Grid is mean't only for the shield, no offense but we also don't need people from other devices sucking up grids connections anyway.

It must be more than just build.prop, more on system files. Like an assert check.
The closest I got was just changing the build.prop, just to download the damn app.
Nvidia is a large company anyway, they can handle it, they let Ouya on it.

Also if I remember right, on nvidia's forums nvidia tried to make it in a way to only work on the shield.
If you really want to play pc games on it, use splashtop thd and stream games from your pc too your device.

You forget that Ouya has it, and it's Tegra 3 (Not 4), plus 1GB of Ram. This app is worth cracking down.
(Something Wikipad Inc. has very similar specs to and definitely what I'm looking into)
Don't use Splashtop THD, little to no controller support and forces resolution.

Use Kainy, for now...

aman765

May 8, 2014
It must be more than just build.prop, more on system files. Like an assert check.
The closest I got was just changing the build.prop, just to download the damn app.
Nvidia is a large company anyway, they can handle it, they let Ouya on it.

You forget that Ouya has it, and it's Tegra 3 (Not 4), plus 1GB of Ram. This app is worth cracking down.
(Something Wikipad Inc. has very similar specs to and definitely what I'm looking into)
Don't use Splashtop THD, little to no controller support and forces resolution.

Use Kainy, for now...
Hello, I actually own a wikipad, in which you were talking about, and it is somewhat similar to the shield. I rooted it and I'm trying to get the grid beta app. I read a thing saying that it was only for people living in California because their towers signal doesn't go everywhere. I managed to download the app from apptoide but when you try to open it it tells you that your device isn't supported and I guess editing the build.prop to the shields doesn't work. Once the app is off the beta version someone will probably crack it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No offense but I hope GRID sticks to SHIELD. If others start hogging up the servers we'll never get to enjoy the games on the device they are meant for.

Sent from my SHIELD Portable using Tapatalk