[Q] No storage after ROM instalation

Search This thread

High_Rez

Mar 6, 2014
I recently installed hyperdrive on my 16GB GS4 with Safestrap, on my stock slot, it says i have 6 gbs available and 6 Misc. files, but on my Hyperdrive slot i have 13 GB of misc files and 1.6 gb left.. I dont use the stock slot so should I wipe it to get some free space?

Thanks

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I recently installed hyperdrive on my 16GB GS4 with Safestrap, on my stock slot, it says i have 6 gbs available and 6 Misc. files, but on my Hyperdrive slot i have 13 GB of misc files and 1.6 gb left.. I dont use the stock slot so should I wipe it to get some free space?

Thanks

You shouldn't need to wipe your stock slot, not to mention I'm pretty sure things would get screwy if you wiped that then tried to only run on a ROM slot.

There are plenty of people who run 2-3 ROMs + their stock slot.

You just need to make sure everything is being sent to your external SD Card ( you do have one right? )

Go to the play store and grab Disk Usage , it can show you what is taking up all your storage space.

My guess is youre going to just have to erase some things, and move some things. You have to remember, mostly everything defaults to saving to your "SD Card" which is actually just the internal memory.

Also, these phones say they have 16gb internal memory... But its actually more like 9.59gb of usable memory.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

High_Rez

Mar 6, 2014
You shouldn't need to wipe your stock slot, not to mention I'm pretty sure things would get screwy if you wiped that then tried to only run on a ROM slot.

There are plenty of people who run 2-3 ROMs + their stock slot.

You just need to make sure everything is being sent to your external SD Card ( you do have one right? )

Go to the play store and grab Disk Usage , it can show you what is taking up all your storage space.

My guess is youre going to just have to erase some things, and move some things. You have to remember, mostly everything defaults to saving to your "SD Card" which is actually just the internal memory.

Also, these phones say they have 16gb internal memory... But its actually more like 9.59gb of usable memory.

Yes I have an SD card but i only have 2 Gbs of storage now. I dont use stock and I have only essential things and apps I use on the only slot I use, I think im going to remove alot of bloatware with titanium backup in the stock slot.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Yes I have an SD card but i only have 2 Gbs of storage now. I dont use stock and I have only essential things and apps I use on the only slot I use, I think im going to remove alot of bloatware with titanium backup in the stock slot.

Well that's one way to help the situation. People certainly do use just the stock slot for ROMs but it just depends on how comfortable you are.
Keep playing around with trying to free up memory and you'll get real good at it