Rooting S4 mini ML4 help

Search This thread

Sinplic1ty

Jun 4, 2014
Hello guys. Sorry im new to rooting and i have done several searches within the forum.

I am currently using a Samsung S4 mini with the software.
Im running on I9195XXUBML4.

I have searched several different threads and most stated that the root is not avaialable without actoving the knox 0x1 or something like that.

I would like to know if there is a root that works and it doesnt matter if the warranty is voided. Ive tried the one click root but that doesnt work too.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated
Thank you.

Razvan

Retired Forum Moderator
...I have searched several different threads and most stated that the root is not avaialable without actoving the knox 0x1 or something like that.

I would like to know if there is a root that works and it doesnt matter if the warranty is voided. Ive tried the one click root but that doesnt work too.

First you say you want root but without changing to 0x1 Knox, then say you're not interested is warrant voided.

So, for rooting your phone read carefully this thread : [RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)

NOTE: Be carefully on step 7 After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
And step 10 is optional like Arco said. You cand flash or not custom kernel.

Sinplic1ty

Jun 4, 2014
First you say you want root but without changing to 0x1 Knox, then say you're not interested is warrant voided.

So, for rooting your phone read carefully this thread : [RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)

NOTE: Be carefully on step 7 After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
And step 10 is optional like Arco said. You cand flash or not custom kernel.

Hi sir, thank you for your reply.

Im sorry if I came accross as unclear in my first post but what i was trying to say was that the posts that talkes about being able to keep knox to 0x0 did not support my phone.

Ill try out the method stated above. Thanks!

Razvan

Retired Forum Moderator
Hi sir, thank you for your reply.

Im sorry if I came accross as unclear in my first post but what i was trying to say was that the posts that talkes about being able to keep knox to 0x0 did not support my phone.

KNOX bootloader verifies signatures of kernels and recoveries. No custom ones possible without voiding the knox warranty

Razvan

Retired Forum Moderator
Is it normal for it to be at the downloading do not turn off target for very long?

Wait! What?

Plug the USB cable and start the process with Odin like you read in that thread.

The procedure is as:
Copy the " S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip" to your device SD card.
Turn off the phone.
Press and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear.
Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
Select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
After flashing using CWM, reboot into system and enjoy your rooted device.

Last edited:

gladson1976

Feb 15, 2008
Chennai
KNOX bootloader verifies signatures of kernels and recoveries. No custom ones possible without voiding the knox warranty

Not sure if a custom recovery with trigger KNOX.
I have a BML1 with KNOX and I have rooted the stock with Kingo, flashed Philz touch recovery with Odin and my KNOX warranty is still 0x0.

I haven't changed the kernel though. Maybe only the kernel change triggers KNOX.

Screenshot_2014-06-06-15-56-48.png IMG_20140606_155158.jpg IMG_20140606_155441.jpg