[SOFTWARE GUIDE]**Odin Back To Stock**Retail Verizon S5 Firmware Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Rapunzl

Mar 26, 2009
I followed these instructions and im having a little bit of an issue. Every time I start up my phone it immediately brings up a box in the middle of the screen saying optimizing 3 apps. Once it does that, everything is sluggish. Especially on the swipe screen. And all my apps that are on the sd card isnt showing up. Just a blank spot for that app.

I have rooted this phone twice and it keeps doing the same thing. I dont get it. I didnt have any problems rooting my last phone. But I had to send it back to verizon and this is my replacement phone.

Did you flash the NK2 kernel when you were done?

G

GuestK00143

I'm on AO8 unrooted, can I just flash the NCG full tar directly, then root, install SS, and then upgrade to AO8 prerooted?

Yes, just be sure to read and follow the directions in the OP and you should be fine. You can flash up to NK2 for KitKat if you don't want Lollipoop.:D

Gary_QH

Jan 29, 2015
I have the Verizon developer edition (G900VOYU1ANCG) and somehow managed to lose the backup I had of the stock system partition I made when I first started playing with it. I want to return the phone to completely stock original, unrooted and with stock recovery, but after reading this entire thread and doing a bunch of searches, I don't understand how to flash the stock NCG Rom without flashing over the boot loader. Obviously I don't want a locked boot loader. Is there an easy way to do this? What I'd really like to have is a "ready to flash" file that I can use whenever I manage to screw up the phone. It works now but has some weird problems that tells me messed up something. Help?

By the way, I'm no expert, in fact I know about enough to be dangerous but I am trying to learn. Thanks!

G

GuestK00143

I have the Verizon developer edition (G900VOYU1ANCG) and somehow managed to lose the backup I had of the stock system partition I made when I first started playing with it. I want to return the phone to completely stock original, unrooted and with stock recovery, but after reading this entire thread and doing a bunch of searches, I don't understand how to flash the stock NCG Rom without flashing over the boot loader. Obviously I don't want a locked boot loader. Is there an easy way to do this? What I'd really like to have is a "ready to flash" file that I can use whenever I manage to screw up the phone. It works now but has some weird problems that tells me messed up something. Help?

By the way, I'm no expert, in fact I know about enough to be dangerous but I am trying to learn. Thanks!

I just added the NCG_Stock_Restore along with other files under the NCG link in the OP. The stock restore contains all stock images except the bootloader and will get you back to stock, unrooted and a unlocked bootloader. Back up your aboot with these instructions first if you haven't already.

Last edited:

Gary_QH

Jan 29, 2015
I just added the NCG_Stock_Restore along with other files under the NCG link in the OP. The stock restore contains all stock images except the bootloader and will get you back to stock, unrooted and a unlocked bootloader. Back up your aboot with these instructions first if you haven't already.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just backed up the aboot. I had to use the phone terminal emulator since I don't have linux but it seemed to work just fine. I made multiple copies and saved them in different places on different drives on my PC and also a couple of USB drives. It may be overkill but at least I know the aboot is safe. I'll try restoring the file you posted once I have some coffee in me and wake up some more. :)

Last edited:

Gary_QH

Jan 29, 2015
Ok, I flashed the phone with the NCG_Stock_Restore file and everything went well (although I was a nervous wreck until it was done). My phone now comes up as "G900VVRU1ANCG" instead of "G900VOYU1ANCG". Everything seems to work right so I guess it doesn't matter? Is there any difference? Also, as soon as everything booted up I was notified of an update to the firmware. I didn't take it as I seem to remember reading something about overwriting the boot loader. Is that right?

Anyway, thanks once again!
Gary :)

G

GuestK00143

Ok, I flashed the phone with the NCG_Stock_Restore file and everything went well (although I was a nervous wreck until it was done). My phone now comes up as "G900VVRU1ANCG" instead of "G900VOYU1ANCG". Everything seems to work right so I guess it doesn't matter? Is there any difference? Also, as soon as everything booted up I was notified of an update to the firmware. I didn't take it as I seem to remember reading something about overwriting the boot loader. Is that right?

Anyway, thanks once again!
Gary :)
Yes, do not take the update. Delete or disable the SDM.apk in the system/app folder, that's the OTA updater. Also there is SPDClient.apk in the system/priv-app folder you will want to do the same, that's the Samsung security policy updater. As for your baseband number being different I would have to say because the one I provided is for the retail phone and yours was for the dev edition. Removing the two apps will make it safe for you. I'm glad it worked for you.

nwalker77

Dec 18, 2012
I am still having problems with my root. I got everything working fine, following your instructions. I rooted for NK2. About a week after I root, I started having trouble with my WIFI Tether App. I turn on the app, then go to connect my laptop to the wifi and my laptop and other devices are saying limited connection. I have tried getting help from the app developer, but he cant figure out what is wrong with it. The only way I have found to fix it, is to re root the phone. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app doesnt work. Only re rooting. This app is the only reason why I root.

G

GuestK00143

I am still having problems with my root. I got everything working fine, following your instructions. I rooted for NK2. About a week after I root, I started having trouble with my WIFI Tether App. I turn on the app, then go to connect my laptop to the wifi and my laptop and other devices are saying limited connection. I have tried getting help from the app developer, but he cant figure out what is wrong with it. The only way I have found to fix it, is to re root the phone. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app doesnt work. Only re rooting. This app is the only reason why I root.

This is a problem with your app and not with root. Try flashing this instead of using the app. You will need safestrap and busybox installed for this.

G

GuestK00143

Is this for the stock wifi app? If so, is there a widget for it? Ive never messed with the stock app before, so im completely new to it.

Thanks again for your help

Yes it's for the stock app and I think there is a toggle for it. I can't check right now because I'm stuck with my dumbphone for the weekend.

Echo_Platoon

Sep 27, 2013
Thanks for this Misterxtc. I have a Verizon Galaxy S5 Developer Edition and was able to put OA8 (Lollipop) on my phone. The only thing I see that's missing is the VoLTE. I have Advanced Calling 1.0 enabled in my billing but I don't have VoLTE nor see the option in Settings to be able to enable VoLTE. How would I go about doing that?

G

GuestK00143

Thanks for this Misterxtc. I have a Verizon Galaxy S5 Developer Edition and was able to put OA8 (Lollipop) on my phone. The only thing I see that's missing is the VoLTE. I have Advanced Calling 1.0 enabled in my billing but I don't have VoLTE nor see the option in Settings to be able to enable VoLTE. How would I go about doing that?

I'm not sure on that. I would think it should be there because the stock restore is all stock minus aboot. Maybe flash the modem, kernel and dev-ed firmware separate. As long as you don't flash the two retail labeled files you should be safe. It's good to know Lollipop works for the dev ed this way. As soon as Verizon releases it for the Note 4 I'll be all set on my dev ed Note 4 :good:. I don't use Volt so that isn't a concern for me but I would like to figure out how to get it working for others.

Echo_Platoon

Sep 27, 2013
I'm not sure on that. I would think it should be there because the stock restore is all stock minus aboot. Maybe flash the modem, kernel and dev-ed firmware separate. As long as you don't flash the two retail labeled files you should be safe. It's good to know Lollipop works for the dev ed this way. As soon as Verizon releases it for the Note 4 I'll be all set on my dev ed Note 4 :good:. I don't use Volt so that isn't a concern for me but I would like to figure out how to get it working for others.

I tried this flashing everything separately afterwards but still didn't get the "Advanced Calling" option in Settings. I was consulting with jrkruse on the issue. He asked if I tried his stock ROM or MOAR ROM out, since he knew the ROMs had those options. With that suggestion, I flashed TWRP recovery and flashed his stock ROM. After doing that, I was able to see the "Advanced Calling" option in Settings. Below are my steps to doing everything on my S5 Developer Edition to get the "Advanced Calling" option. I'm not responsible for anything that happens to anyone's S5 Developer Edition, if you try this and something goes wrong; do this at your own risk.

NOTE: This is with starting with stock rooted NI2 KitKat.
1. Copy "OA8 Stock Restore" tar, "OA8 Dev-Edition Firmware Only" tar, the latest TWRP tar for Galaxy S5, the latest version of SuperSU, and jrkruse's [VZW_Stock Based TW Rom][5.0 Lollipop BOA8 Build Deodexed] ROM to the external storage (microSD card).
2. Flash TWRP recovery via Odin with only "F. Reset Time" checked.
3. Reboot into TWRP recovery.
4. Perform a factory reset and full wipe of system, cache, data, and Dalvik cache partitions.
5. Reboot into Download Mode.
6. Flash "OA8 Stock Restore" via Odin with only "F. Reset Time" checked.
7. Reboot into Download Mode.
8. Flash "OA8 Dev-Edition Firmware Only" via Odin with "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" checked.
9. After phone fully boots for the first time, reboot into Download Mode.
10. Flash TWRP recovery via Odin with only "F. Reset Time" checked.
11. Reboot into TWRP recovery.
12. Perform a factory reset and full wipe of system, cache, data, and Dalvik cache.
13. Flash jrkruse's [VZW_Stock Based TW Rom][5.0 Lollipop BOA8 Build Deodexed] ROM.
14. Flash the latest SuperSU.
15. Reboot to System. (NOTE: It will take 10 minutes or so for it to fully boot for the first time.)

Reactions: kprice8

killa408shark

Aug 21, 2011
San Jose CA
Correct or you can start from NK2 or whatever you want and then root.

I tried to flash the NK2 tar through Odin last night when I clicked AP and select the tar it would hang for a few minutes and then I got an error saying the MD5 binaries didn't matched I even redownloaded the file 3 times I got the same error. I'm gonna try with a different tar

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lol "will this give us custom recovery" "will this trip knox counter" answer is no before ppl ask lmao. This is great to have though! i was lookin for a odin tar yesterday n here it is!

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
    Hey guys,

I just did a quick cleanup here. Let's all remember to keep it civil and play nice.

Thanks!
    Rwilco12
    Wow, nobody bothers to do any reading of threads any more before posting questions. And don't expect anyone now to actually go searching for the answer when you direct them to it. You could tell someone their answer is in the OP of the first pinned thread in the Q & A section and they will respond with, "Link please." People have gotten so lazy, they can't even be bothered to follow those simple directions and instead want a direct link so they won't actually have to make the effort to go find the thread. SMDH.

I would say the reverse of this....everybody is so quick to jump down other people's throats without any understanding of their situation. Is so easy to insult others on a message board post. I did read the thread and ran multiple searches across various sites but did not understand why after an ODIN restore and multiple reboots, the unlock symbol was still showing. Subsequently, after I posted the question, I had done another reboot the unlock symbol disappeared. What I was trying to ascertain was whether or not anyone had experienced persistent unlock symbol.

Also, not to pile on but something to consider before you electronically b-slap someone, searching on tapatalk is not always simple and its easy to tell someone to read a thread that is multiple pages and hundreds of posts long. I always have to laugh when people say, read the thread, and the thread is 300 + posts, half of which is full of people's brain farts. Not that this thread was that long, but I am just making a point.

There is an old saying to think before you speak and I think many XDA members need to translate that across to think before you type.
    Sorry if this a noobish question, I've never used Odin. By repartition are you saying I can use this to make the system partition smaller and add more space to the rest of the system?

lol its not like a hdd in a pc.. itll basically reformat n repartition the drive like new i believe

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
    I get a fail. I am Using ALL_VZW_G900VVRU1ANCG_G900VVZW1ANCG_964333_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar with Odin3 and "AP" Checked marked. Did I do some thing wrong? I am trying to get the phone back to stock to sell it. Thanks all!

You won't be able to flash that (NCG) unless the phone you're flashing to was still BOD5 or earlier. This is because BOE1 and later permanently prevent downgrading.