[APP] SGS Tools

Search This thread

kelvs

Jun 16, 2005
I tried the market fix but it doesn't seem to work. it restarted my phone and everything but all i see in the market are still free apps

haplo39

Nov 1, 2010
Hi guys !
I've juste applied "Email app from Galaxy Tab" with SGS Tools 4.1.9 on my SGS 2.2.1 JPX.
I reboot it and launch the email app... but i can't receive new mails !
I tried to delete my 2 accounts (Yahoo! and hotmail) and created again... it doesn't work :( The messages are downloading... but no messages :(

How to fix this bug ?

go back to the stock email... galaxy tab's email app. doesn't work with SGS. I had the same problem and reinstalled the stock email.

haplo39

Nov 1, 2010
It's also based on support for the I-9000s, hence the location of this thread so many features may not work correctly for other phones and roms. Many don't seem to realize that. And yes I realize that I-9000 users have trouble too. :cool:

I have I9000 and I am using JPY rom.. few scripts are not working (i.e. delete battery stats).

prop.editor is not working.
GPS fix does nothing.
market fix does nothing.

upgrade stock app is working very well. (all modifications)

I haven't tried backup homescreen and modify boot sound but I am sure they are not working too.. :)

in short, SGS tools is needed to be rectified.

tazman171

May 23, 2010
Spokane Valley
home.comcast.net
I have I9000 and I am using JPY rom.. few scripts are not working (i.e. delete battery stats).

prop.editor is not working.
GPS fix does nothing.
market fix does nothing.

upgrade stock app is working very well. (all modifications)

I haven't tried backup homescreen and modify boot sound but I am sure they are not working too.. :)

in short, SGS tools is needed to be rectified.

Like I said, I realize that I-9000 users have troubles too, but prop editor works fine for me on a captivate and always has, GPS fix is just samsungs stupid fix that doesn't work anyway. You need your system to be mounted rw for some of these to work, that's why there are command shortcuts for mounting rw, rebooting recovery, etc. Mount system rw then try some of them. Make sure your busybox version is updated or even installed correctly or most stuff wont work.

But yeah, some are broke or for 2.1 eclair or just don't work with custom roms. PM Fragger and see what he has to offer. :cool:

Last edited:

Bajo76

May 16, 2009
Spreitenbach
Just updatet to the latest version and one thing i´m missing from the old version is to install browser with UA-interface (User Agent). Maybe "Stock Browser with more tabs" does the same?

tiagox

Nov 2, 2010
the moded contacts showing all letters doesnot working anymore with my froy jpa !:< what i can do now ?!?!

tiagox

Nov 2, 2010
java.io.fileNotFoundException: http : // dl.dropbox.com/u5906223/contact . apk

this msg apear when i try to hack my contacts ons froyo jpa !! what can i do ?! thanks

Fr4gg0r

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Sry, but I just removed the app from market.
I don't have the time to support this, since many features does not work properly on galaxy version xyz or due to some bugs...

If someone wants to continue developing this app, I can provide him the sourcecode.

hipher

Oct 4, 2010
Valencia
Hi Fr4gg0r

Your app worked just fine for me to remove the apps from Samsung that I don't use. I'm afraid I cannot help at all with this project, I don't know anything about app development.

However, I've just updated my sister's phone to the official spansih froyo. How can I get the app? I'd like to remove those annoying things from Samsung and she's not going to be using new updates soon so the apps is just fin as it was. Is there anywhere I can download the app from?

Thanks for the work you've been doing. I've always found your app one of the best for the SGS.

Regards

Last edited:

tiagox

Nov 2, 2010
Fr4gg0r, there is other way to fix de contacts letters ?!?! thanks man and have a nice new year !!

Fr4gg0r

Aug 4, 2010
use on of the latest firmwares.. there the contacts app is already fixed by samsung.

Reactions: tiagox

tiagox

Nov 2, 2010
what firmware do u recomend ?!? i use a gti9000B ... Galaxy S with portuguese BR language........... Thanks

Pierreken

Oct 11, 2009
Hi Fr4gg0r

Your app worked just fine for me to remove the apps from Samsung that I don't use. I'm afraid I cannot help at all with this project, I don't know anything about app development.

However, I've just updated my sister's phone to the official spansih froyo. How can I get the app? I'd like to remove those annoying things from Samsung and she's not going to be using new updates soon so the apps is just fin as it was. Is there anywhere I can download the app from?

Thanks for the work you've been doing. I've always found your app one of the best for the SGS.

Regards

Same here, would be cool if we could still download the tool (not from the market) as it's working flawlessly on my device. I cannot find any download links to the apk file directly.

underv0ltage

Dec 1, 2010
Same here, would be cool if we could still download the tool (not from the market) as it's working flawlessly on my device. I cannot find any download links to the apk file directly.

x3. I did a factory reset on my device and now can't re-install this beautiful app again...

Or, at least, leave this app only to run the USSD codes for SGS.

[[]]

nubecoder

Dec 5, 2010
I don't have the time to support this, since many features does not work properly on galaxy version xyz or due to some bugs...

If someone wants to continue developing this app, I can provide him the sourcecode.

I am just beginning to start developing for Andriod.

I cannot say that I would continue the project as is, (I own an Epic), but I'm sure the source would be beneficial to me (as most of the features work well on my Epic) as well as others.

Why not open up a google code page for everyone to have access to??

Nice app, I'd hate to see it go.

=]

tazman171

May 23, 2010
Spokane Valley
home.comcast.net

Sorry to hear this but you got to do what you got to do. Appreciate your work on this app and your help from the beginning Fr4gg0r! And I still use the app all of the time, mostly for the secret codes as it's the easiest way of getting to that info.

Thank you and I'll be watching for your other works. :cool:

zombrex

Oct 17, 2010
Yea Fraggor Thx for the great Work !!

Its still a very useful tool. Can you leave it for us here somewhere to download pls?

We appreciate a lot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    View the sourcecode on google Code!
    Don't let the app die, develop for it/include its features in another app.
    Latest version (4.1.9) can be found on page #37

Hi,
    I have written an app, which contains useful functions specially for the Galaxy S imho.
    It can do the following things:
    -Secret codes list (contains at the moment 31 codes)
    (Don't worry clicking around, there will appear a popup if you have selected factory/hard reset ;) )
    -System clean up: this means you can delete all system apps you don't like with 1 click. It will remove the .apk, the .odex and the data directory.
    It won't let you delete apps that will "brick" your phone, so very useful for android beginners.
    -MarketFix: This sets the Fingerprint in the build.prop to JF3 (2.1) and cleares the market cache. After a day you should see 120 hits when searching for "documents".
    Useful if you are using a test Firmware and don't see copy protected apps in market.
    -Homescreen Settings: In this Menu you can set the default screen (press the home button when you are already on the home screen) and the screen count.
    Only works with some Firmwares! Works for example with JM5, JM7.
    -Move SGS Tools to System: This will save the app on the device if you do a factory/hard reset. You can also undo this.
    -Run a script.
    This menu can run scripts, which are written as .txt files.
    Simply write every command in a new line and put the script.txt to /sdcard/sgstools.
    It checks the inputstream of the process, for example if you want to notify the user about progress with "echo /sdcard/test removed", this will appear in the progressdialog. It also checks the errorstream and will display, if for example a command could not be found.
    - Enable/Disable boot/shutdown sound or place custom sounds

-Last but not least, you can add shortcuts to homescreen, which let you run commands. Useful for example as shutdown, reboot recovery, reboot, etc.
    There's a bug in 2.2 Firmwares, which won't let you pick custom icons for shortcuts! (I tested it on 2.2 Emulator and also anycut won't set an icon on 2.2 Firmwares..)

That's it. Hope you like it.
    (Sorry, it's not on the market - I don't have a market account yet :( )

PS: Press Menu Button to access further menus.
    PPS: It uses a custom menu
    PPPS: Rotate the device, and you will see in some menus a rotation animation!
    PPPPS: German users can also look in this http://www.android-hilfe.de/samsung-galaxy-s/33978-sgs-tools-app-zum-schnellen-bearbeiten.html.

Ver 3.0: - now translated into english
    Ver 3.0.1 - Bugfix: added permission to install shortcuts
    Ver 3.1
    - Activity handling improved
    -new tool for setting boot sound / shutdown sound
    Ver 3.1.1:
    -MarketFix improved: now show better warnings, for example if busybox is not installed.
    -Now a .nomedia file is created in the sgstools folder.
    Ver 3.2
    -Bugfixes
    Ver 3.2.1
    -Bugfixes: -Warning when removing system apps now in english
    -Standard icons fixed for creating shortcut. (sry, but the broken icons will be only fixed if you deinstall the old version before)
    Ver 3.3 :D
    -When removing system apps, the .apk and the .odex will be backuped in /sdcard/sgstools
    Ver 3.4:
    changes
    edit: I forgot, please deinstall the old version, so you can read the disclaimer
    Ver 3.5.1:
    .prop editor bugfix
    added 2 small scripts: mount /system ro/rw
    command shortcuts now with basic commands (shutdown, reboot, mount..)

Ver 3.6
    - script modul update, can now execute .txt scripts wrapped in a .zip
    Ver 3.6.1
    - script modul can now handle .zips with several scripts in it
    Problems with busybox should be fixed now! :)

Ver 3.8.3
    -some useful scripts
    -backup & restore your homescreen

Newest version is 4.1.0
    -added some tw launcher mods
    -modded contacts.apk
    -modded browser
    -hacked camera.apk
    -reverse scripts

If you want to donate something for this free app (Paypal) you can use the following link:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=XEMXTUYAZVUGY
    Update Version: v1.3

FOR THOSE THAT ARE SEARCHING FOR THE FULL "/sgstools" DIRECTORY WITH ALL WORKING .TXT SCRIPTS AND STOCK JPY FULL-WORKING BACKUPPED APPS, THEN HERE YOU GO!!

CHANGELOG::

v1.3:
    a) Added script for fixing all those apps that do not save internal settings!! (thanks to XlAfbk) If you have an app that starts with old settings or you're unalbe to change them at all, well..this should probably fix that!
    >> [script is called set_dbdata-databases_correct_owner_&_delete_dead_subfolders_by-PIRATA!.txt]
    b) Added script for fixing bad working Auto-Rotate & Compass (Maps) sensors! (thanks to ziggy2031) This scripts deletes the internal system config file for sensors forcing the system to restore a new one. Use this script if you have those sensors working bad OR not working at all!
    >> [script is called delete_auto-rotate_&_compass_sensors_by-PIRATA!.txt]
    c)Removed all JPY backups because are now obsolete!
    If you'd like to add new updated backups, just extract them from the stock Rom you use and past manually the .apk files (and .odex files if not deodexed) in the /sgstools/ folder in your internal sdcard.

v1.2:
    a) Added new Contacts app by ock in the /Upgrade Stock apps (APKs) folder (under private subfolder).
    >> [file is called Contacts.(SGSTools-Modded-app-showing-all-letters_by-ock).apk]

v1.1
    a) Added /Upgrade Stock apps (APKs) folder with all those files that are dowloadable from SGSTools using the "Upgrade Stock apps" menu section.
    Note: Upgrade tw launcher with all alternative TouchWiz launchers are missing -->> refere to [MOD] TouchWizGTG Launcher thread on XDA because they come from there!
    b) Added script for deleting /dbdata/databases subfolders (thanks to stuartmm)
    >> [file is called create_script_for_deleting_ALL_dbdata-databases_subfolders_by-PIRATA!.txt]

You need the last SGS Tools ver. 4.1.9 (English Version) app installed and working on your sgs!!

I do NOT know if it works for the SGS Tools ver. 4.1.9 (German Edition) too!! Please give me feedback about this and I'll edit the post!!

For any info about app please refere to 1° post of this discussion!!
    ...and pay a beer to the creator Fr4gg0r for his great work!! ;)

INSTALLATION::
    Just extract the linked archive on your computer and copy the /sgstools folder so to overwrite it over the SGSTools folder located in your internal sdcard (exact folder to overwrite: /sdcard/sgstools)

It is better to backup your original /sgstools folder from your phone to some place on your computer before you overwrite!!

If you have problems overwriting from computer, try to use Root Explorer from phone:
    1. copy on external sd
    2. if you don't have any external sd, rename the /sgstools folder on your computer in some other way like /sgstools_new and copy it in the internal sdcard
    3. open Root Explorer and select Mount R/W on top>righ (if not already in R/W mode)
    4. go to /sdcard directory (always check if you are in R/W mode)
    5. rename the original /sgstools folder to something like /sgstools_old
    6. now for the new folder:
      1. if you have copied in external sd the new /sgstools folder, just copy/past it in /sdcard directory
      2. if you have copied in internal sdcard the new /sgstools_new folder, just rename it in /sgstools
    7. Now you can run SGSTools!

PAY ATTENTION AT THE FOLLOWING THINGS!! ::
    1. All the stock SGSTools .TXT scripts will be overwrited!! If you have modded them, make backups of them!!
    2. If you have already applied some patches, STSTools should have done an automatic backup for those apps in your /sgstools folder located in your internal sdcard (/sdcard/sgstools)
    3. If it is your case and if you will overwrite your /sgstools folder with this folder provided by me, you will overwrite ALL of your backups!! This happens because this folder contains ALL the STOCK JPY .APK/.ODEX files that could be backupped by SGSTools when applying a script to a phone using stock JPY rom
    4. The apps are: Browser, Camera, Contacts, Email, Gallery3D, TouchWiz30Launcher and Vending (for the Vending app there is only the .APK file because this proveded here is the last official market app updated by it self after first use that does not come with .ODEX file)
    5. You could also find the new clean_thumb_db.txt script file from Quacktop, but here is renamed as clean_thumb_db.txt.NEW_FILE_by_Quacktop so that you could choose if use it or not (rename the original SGSTools clean_thumb_db.txt file in something like clean_thumb_db.txt.OLD and then rename the new script in clean_thumb_db.txt)
    6. There is also the new Contacts.apk file extracted from the "flashable by CWM file DXJPE_contacts_fix.zip" made by biohazard.tan, but here is renamed as Contacts.apk.DXJPE_contacts_fix_by_biohazard-tan so that you could decide to apply it manually using Root Explorer (copy/past overwriting with R/W support in the /system folder + DELETE the Contacts.odex if present!!)
    I hope this could be useful for someone.
    Cheers ;)

EnJoY! ;-)
    Sorry to hear that.
    Thanks for your work.
    Try to keep it up.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App