[Q] Backup files in recovery or downlaod mode

Search This thread

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
tried, it shows mount /data in menu but it doesn't mount, but i have a folder named datadata and i am able to mount it but backup stops at data folder and doesnt try datadata folder
so now backup backups system folder and stops at /data since it cannot mount it
is there a cwm version that i can specify which folder to backup?

Okay, I might just as well start sound irritating to you now but try another kernel, just as to clarify whether it is anything wrong with the kernel.

oliquir

Apr 22, 2014
ok ive tried a lot of kernerls, only the i9000 jw1 works for recovery (still has boot loop) even tough my phone is a gt-i9000m i was able to make a backup of system folder, can i restore files from folders firmware (bin files) to get back to original kernel

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
ok ive tried a lot of kernerls, only the i9000 jw1 works for recovery (still has boot loop) even tough my phone is a gt-i9000m i was able to make a backup of system folder, can i restore files from folders firmware (bin files) to get back to original kernel

You could try backing it up via adb. Try this: http://lifehacker.com/5976036/simpl...droid-phone-from-the-desktop-no-root-required

EDIT: You'll need to boot into system for adb. (I think)

Last edited:

oliquir

Apr 22, 2014
problem is i dont want to erase data since thats the only thing i want, i dont care about phone after

oliquir

Apr 22, 2014
a lot of pictures, app data for work, some notes,... i know i should have done backup. since this phone had 16 gb memory, i almost never putted stuff on external sd

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
a lot of pictures, app data for work, some notes,... i know i should have done backup. since this phone had 16 gb memory, i almost never putted stuff on external sd

How would a CWM Backup help then? I suggest you flash the Stock firmware via Odin (Download the latest build from Samfirmware and flash it via Odin.)

oliquir

Apr 22, 2014
now i will try to format system folder only then reinstall stock rom it shouldn't delete data folder?