Getting a note 3 soon. Curious??

Search This thread

mlee19841

May 31, 2010
I'm looking at getting a note 3 soon. I already know about the towel root method which doesn't trip know. But if I use this method to flash the recovery will it trip it([ROOT] Rashr - Flash Tool)? Also if I use the safe strap method that has been posted can I put all the different roms on the phone or just certain ones? Can I also use the safe strap method to make backups? Only reason I ask is because it's still in the beta stage. Also if know is tripped that just for warranty purposes meaning your SOL right? Thanks guys.

** guessing for the verizon model u can't use the regular method of installing a recovery but u have to use the safe strap method. Since the bootloader still can't be unlocked on the verizon edition?

adoublearonn

Aug 26, 2007
Detroit, MI
With the retail Verizon Note 3, the best way is to take OTA to NC4 or Odin flash it, use towelroot, install busybox, and install latest safestrap. Reboot to safestrap and then reboot to download mode and you will need to Odin the NC2 kernel only file to get custom ROMs to work. Then you can flash most of the ROMs in the development (not original development) section. You can flash them in the stock slot, or the latest safestrap update has additional "ROM slots" working again with the NC2 bootloader so you could retain your stock rooted ROM.
Safestrap works just like TWRP recovery in that you can backup, restore, wipe, flash, etc. None of the above will trip Knox.

Kexec is being worked on and somewhere I saw that it may be wiser to Odin to the NC2 KK leak instead of NC4 if you want the possibility of custom kernel modules in the future. I have also seen people who have used the NC2 leak say they are having poor signal issues, so it's a double edged sword. No one has really confirmed if there was a link between NC2 and signal issues or release day Note 3's and signal issues, but personally I had problems and I have used NC2 and also have a release day phone.

There is plenty of info around here and if you have questions you can always PM for help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Afro Samurai

Afro Samurai

Dec 8, 2008
Chicago,IL
With the retail Verizon Note 3, the best way is to take OTA to NC4 or Odin flash it, use towelroot, install busybox, and install latest safestrap. Reboot to safestrap and then reboot to download mode and you will need to Odin the NC2 kernel only file to get custom ROMs to work. Then you can flash most of the ROMs in the development (not original development) section. You can flash them in the stock slot, or the latest safestrap update has additional "ROM slots" working again with the NC2 bootloader so you could retain your stock rooted ROM.
Safestrap works just like TWRP recovery in that you can backup, restore, wipe, flash, etc. None of the above will trip Knox.

Kexec is being worked on and somewhere I saw that it may be wiser to Odin to the NC2 KK leak instead of NC4 if you want the possibility of custom kernel modules in the future. I have also seen people who have used the NC2 leak say they are having poor signal issues, so it's a double edged sword. No one has really confirmed if there was a link between NC2 and signal issues or release day Note 3's and signal issues, but personally I had problems and I have used NC2 and also have a release day phone.

There is plenty of info around here and if you have questions you can always PM for help.

Just to add to this very informative post. If you have signal issues on NC2 you can use Odin to change the modem to what works best for you. I'm on NC2 with the NC4 modem.

Sent from the Note 3 of The Afro Samurai

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.