XDA 2013 Beta Theme is Now Live! [Comments Thread]

Search This thread

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
General it is wonderfull.

I woul like to add/change 2 things..

1. More info (profile info), i want to be shown all the time, not to click on every one to see from which country he/she is or something (just make some
option to enable or disable this feature.

2. Also i would like to add some HOT LINKS, on the side (like message,thread), which we can control, and put our threads which we develop or watching carefully, so
web browser will be free of 20+ bookmarks.

everything else is pretty much awesome ;)

1: I agree, found that quite annoying actually, please make it always on/open and/or a theme option!

2: I would be intersted in how this would work... I currently have a SCROLLING bookmark toolbar because of XDA links :D (I have nothing against it mind you :D )

On another note, glad to see people agree on a "non-high-beam" theme :D it lights up my whole room currently :X, and the hiding of the sidebar as well!

Omega Kaos

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 6, 2010
Barnsley
loving the new them i have no issues with it quite like it

what would be nice though is in the main forum view you can choose between

ALL | SUBSCRIBED | NEW DEVICES etc etc what about one where we can pick and choose for example i have the following

HTC ONE X
HTC SENSATION
HTC DESIRE HD
HTC HD2

and would like to see the following
ASUS TRANSFORMER PRIME

i was wondering if we could have a view where we could pick and choose what device forums we would like to see abit like the SUBSCRIBED view except we dont have to subscribe to the forum / thread to have it there just a thought doesn't really bother me much but would be nice :rolleyes:

or the ability to re-arrange the subscribed section so we could choose what was on top ie out most fravorite / most used thread / forum first

Last edited:

Andr3wD

Nov 6, 2010
Atlanta
While I normally like change, unlike most Facebook users and such, I feel like this layout is too crowded and cluttered. Instead of having the Portal Post on a sidebar, what if it was like a drop down item from the top. Also, you guys could combine the two search bars into one. And instead of displaying all the separate share items, maybe you could use one share button that reveals the other options. And when writing a reply, I think the post options are unnecessary to show. But overall, it's a step in the right direction.

Virtualsk

Aug 31, 2010
Pune
Buttons Yellow shade it too flashy ... I think Lighter shade would be nice...rest of the part is really nice..

ultrashot

May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
While in general theme is ok, there are some usability problems.
1) Add more contrast. To my mind, XDA2010's brown areas (i.e. in thread title area, "Quick Reply" area) should still be accented in XDA2013. Same for nicknames, dates, thread titles. Not only them.
2) Make post fonts bigger. XDA2010's font style is perfect.

Last edited:

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
Today we are announcing the public beta of the new "2013" theme for the XDA forums. This theme is in active development, though for the most part it should be suitable for daily use. You can access it via the "Style Chooser" in the bottom left corner of most pages.

Please note: this theme is not bug free. It's possible that you will notice some funky behavior while using it.

Some of the primary benefits/features:
  • When we finish optimizing, it will be significantly faster than the existing "XDA 2010" theme.
  • Optimized for displays 1280 width screen resolution
  • We've added a sidebar to update you on PMs and subscribed threads/forums. This is collapsible for users when reading threads.
  • Tabbed home page which will default to showing your subscriptions to give you easy-access to the forums you care about most.
  • Enhanced device information pages (for example: http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1533) that will show specs and root instructions for some devices.
  • Plus many other little additions and improvements.

Most of the user-facing changes are cosmetic. We created XDA 2013 as a platform for much more significant enhancements to the site, which will be rolling out over the next few months.

Please use this thread to post your comments and suggestions. If you have bugs to report, please post your thoughts in this thread.

Thank you for your help!

nice looks.. think the loading time of the entire site could be improved by some kind of optimization ( sorry i cant suggest any idea, as i dont know webpage coding..)

Arie-

Feb 3, 2009
I love the new design, I think the margins/paddings have been reduced a bit (not checked the actual values it's a gut feeling), I have one suggestion though. As most colours seem to be "whithened" a bit (seem a bit less hard), maybe it is an idea to also make the reply buttons a bit less yellow and a bit more light yellowish. The buttons now really stand out.

juzz86

Retired Senior Moderator
I'm really enjoying it. You guys should be proud of your efforts, especially considering it's just a beta. Thankyou!

Last time I tried it, there were a few patchy things. I like that definition between read/unread fonts is greater, the sidebar hider works properly etc.

A couple of suggestions. It would be nice (but not necessary) to be able to toggle 'More User Info' under the user handle off again - I couldn't see a way to do this. Also, do you think adding a separate 'Subscriptions' tab to the top bar would be a worthy addition for subscribed threads? I know it's there, but it would be nice to have instant access. Alternatively, have the secondary bar (All Devices, Top Devices, Subscribed etc.) just stay up all the time, and cut the Portal, Forum, Wiki bar down a few pixels?

I dunno how much effort this stuff takes, these are just my little musings on an otherwise very cool update.

Again cheers for the efforts so far. It's awesome!

EDIT: Actually, one more minor suggestion. Could we have a 'show/hide' arrow for the Portal Posts on the sidebar?

Last edited:

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
EDIT: Actually, one more minor suggestion. Could we have a 'show/hide' arrow for the Portal Posts on the sidebar?

+1 i need that, i dont always go to the portal... And i see the Edit button changes to Edit/Delete... Is the delete feature only meant for Moderators? Or it will comes soon? :cool:

C0BRA01

Apr 5, 2009
Mill Creek, Washington
Classic, vs 2010 vs 2013

I like it better than the 2010 version. Quoting shows up MUCH better than it did in the 2010 version, Much more like the classic version, which is a good thing.

I would like to see the jump to page number returned from the XDA Classic version. Paging up through long threads (aka 2010 version) is extremely annoying.

I don't see the stars or anything like that showing that the person contributes to the website. (2010 version)

Over all better than the 2010 version, but not as good as the Classic version for functionality.
Looks wise better than either previous version.

Prawesome

Sep 26, 2011
Error 404- Not found
I'm really enjoying it. You guys should be proud of your efforts, especially considering it's just a beta. Thankyou!

Last time I tried it, there were a few patchy things. I like that definition between read/unread fonts is greater, the sidebar hider works properly etc.

A couple of suggestions. It would be nice (but not necessary) to be able to toggle 'More User Info' under the user handle off again - I couldn't see a way to do this. Also, do you think adding a separate 'Subscriptions' tab to the top bar would be a worthy addition for subscribed threads? I know it's there, but it would be nice to have instant access. Alternatively, have the secondary bar (All Devices, Top Devices, Subscribed etc.) just stay up all the time, and cut the Portal, Forum, Wiki bar down a few pixels?

I dunno how much effort this stuff takes, these are just my little musings on an otherwise very cool update.

Again cheers for the efforts so far. It's awesome!

There is a button already.Its near Advanced Search box,to the right of it,to be precise.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

+1 i need that, i dont always go to the portal... And i see the Edit button changes to Edit/Delete... Is the delete feature only meant for Moderators? Or it will comes soon? :cool:
I was pretty confused too :/ Doesnt really make any sense when normal members cant delete posts.

DutchDanny

Feb 12, 2009
On Earth
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I really like the first overall look.

A few comments:

I can't find the "Quote" button.... Must be somewhere, but not on the most logical place
Please tell me where... feel a bit noobish here :eek:

Ever thought about using: Searchengine Friendly URLS?

On the Design part
IMO the Main Menu -> portal - forum - wiki - xda tv - quick links: background color grey, don't fit the XDA Brown (Header BG)
This grey is found in more parts of the forum style, and takes away the : warmth of the original XDA colors (Brown & Yellow)

Maybe try this: #d3c3a5 on the CSS

Last edited:

mafiasx

Aug 8, 2009
www.mafiasx.com
it is good, but you have to make an rome update system ... what i mean is to make a button like "i run this rom", and this button can show how many people run this rom how many have lived this room and staff.. so you dont have to go evry morning and dispapont wen theris nit update... so you dont have to go every morning and dispapont when there's not update..and not have to be updated if you are not look in it every morning..
like if you likeit !! :fingers-crossed:
:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today we are announcing the public beta of the new "2013" theme for the XDA forums. This theme is in active development, though for the most part it should be suitable for daily use. You can access it via the "Style Chooser" in the bottom left corner of most pages.

Please note: this theme is not bug free. It's possible that you will notice some funky behavior while using it.

Some of the primary benefits/features:
    • When we finish optimizing, it will be significantly faster than the existing "XDA 2010" theme.
    • Optimized for displays 1280 width screen resolution
    • We've added a sidebar to update you on PMs and subscribed threads/forums. This is collapsible for users when reading threads.
    • Tabbed home page which will default to showing your subscriptions to give you easy-access to the forums you care about most.
    • Enhanced device information pages (for example: http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1533) that will show specs and root instructions for some devices.
    • Plus many other little additions and improvements.

Most of the user-facing changes are cosmetic. We created XDA 2013 as a platform for much more significant enhancements to the site, which will be rolling out over the next few months.

Please use this thread to post your comments and suggestions. If you have bugs to report, please post your thoughts in this thread.

Thank you for your help!
    I really hate that there is so much crammed everyhwere, the right side portal stories are annoying, if I want portal stories I click on "portal"

I think the 2010 version is better, some of the fonts are cooler on the 2013 version but there is just way too much crammed on the screen at once.
    Use it sice a week and its very fast. the only problem is the thanks-expand-arrow, he is too wide away from the text

Admin Edit: I made the "expand" text clickable also. - js1999

Edit: Thanks Admin :D
    I really hate that there is so much crammed everyhwere, the right side portal stories are annoying, if I want portal stories I click on "portal"

I think the 2010 version is better, some of the fonts are cooler on the 2013 version but there is just way too much crammed on the screen at once.

You can close the sidebar if you don't really like it.
    For anyone with small screen real estate we do have a min-width 1024 version of the site, you can load it up here:

http://xdaforums.com/index.php?styleid=19