[Root]How to Root Note2 [N7100] & keep flash counter 0

Search This thread

Ram121

Apr 20, 2013
Pune
Dear Friends

I wonder that if I root my device it's s pen abilities and samsung motion functions will disappear ? Or what's happens when I root my device what will disappear ? Thanks everyone

Best regards

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Nothing will disappear. Only thing will change is you will get full control of your device
But before you do anything PL read about counter rise and how to reset it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: PsychoWhite

gidal

Sep 7, 2007
I did mine using Odin method and rom count is showing 1 now, even with triangle away installed. Can I just redo root using this method? Would it reset the counter back, so I could get OTA updates? Thanks

gidal

Sep 7, 2007
Make sure you don't have custom kernel or recovery installed otherwise you have to first replace to stock then use triangle away

Thank you.
I'm going to attempt the restoration this weekend.

Going to follow the instructions here to the letter.
Using latest ROM from: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1896696

I don't remember what I did last time, but I think it's similar to the latest instructions.
So, the only difference is just the new ROM that will not trigger counter to +1 and ROM status to custom, right?

Note2->3

Oct 18, 2013
Hi,

Mobile odin 3.40 itself first version which have add Note 2 support.
And i have tried (as well many other user reported) that to flash stock recovery, but it does raise counter.

Dear Dr. i too used M Odin, it raises the counter, so used triangle away used to make it 1.

Sir, actually what should be showned is it 0 or 1 :confused:

todinaveen

Dec 6, 2013
Root samsung n7100

I have upgraded my already rooted Note 2 to android 4.3. And after that I again tried to root the 4.3 from ODIN, it showed done, but the binary didn't install and the Knox was iritating me every time. So again I rooted my note 2 from ODIN to 4.3 release and my badluck all the previous data is lost.

Now I want to install Echo Rom, can u suggest me what to do. I am a novice.

For detail guide about how to root N7100 -
Read
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1896696
Post # 2 and 3 of above said thread

---------------------------------------------------------------
This guide basically written when there was only available method to root device was flashing chenglu's recovery, which was causing to raise flash counter 1 even after triangle away. That was due to samsung's bootloader for Note 2 which have autosum check for recovery. So if you are using any custom recovery your flash counter will raise to 1. Also read this if you want to use CWM recovery and want to reset counter at every boot.

Later Chainfire have introduce 'Cf Auto root' and in that case no need to use this tutorial as CF auto root package includes stock recovery.

Still this guide is useful who have flashed CWM and want to move to stock recovery with reseting counter '0'

Here is guide How to reset counter to '0' and keep device rooted

All credits to Chainfire and chenglu, without their amazing tool we can't have this......

-If you have rooted with CWM recovery
- Your device will have CWM recoovery with root access.
- Download this stock recovery OR This latest stock recovery from LL7 which believe to be patched by samsung.
- Flash with PC Odin for PDA tab.
- Reset counter with Triangle away
- Now your counter will be '0' and you will have now stock recovery but root access will be intact
- You will have binnary count '0' but system status still will be 'custom'
- Reboot to recovery, wipe cache and data
(this step is just for keeping status' official '
You can skip if you have too much data, as this status can be achieved even in semibricked condition by wiping from recovery Or by flashing stock rom from download mode. And in hard bricked this status can't be read :p) important thing is to just keep count' 0'.

- You will have binary count '0' and current binary 'official' as well system status 'official'
- with latest bootloader you can't achieve system status 'official' with wipe cache and data too, in that case you may need to reflash stock ROM, reboot normally, play for 10 min and it should be 'official'

New :
How to change system status 'Modified' to 'Normal' in device setting without factory reset.

you can enjoy full root access without worrying of warranty

:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For detail guide about how to root N7100 -
    Read
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1896696
    Post # 2 and 3 of above said thread

---------------------------------------------------------------
    This guide basically written when there was only available method to root device was flashing chenglu's recovery, which was causing to raise flash counter 1 even after triangle away. That was due to samsung's bootloader for Note 2 which have autosum check for recovery. So if you are using any custom recovery your flash counter will raise to 1. Also read this if you want to use CWM recovery and want to reset counter at every boot.

Later Chainfire have introduce 'Cf Auto root' and in that case no need to use this tutorial as CF auto root package includes stock recovery.

Still this guide is useful who have flashed CWM and want to move to stock recovery with reseting counter '0'

Here is guide How to reset counter to '0' and keep device rooted

All credits to Chainfire and chenglu, without their amazing tool we can't have this......

-If you have rooted with CWM recovery
    - Your device will have CWM recoovery with root access.
    - Download this stock recovery OR This latest stock recovery from LL7 which believe to be patched by samsung.
    - Flash with PC Odin for PDA tab.
    - Reset counter with Triangle away
    - Now your counter will be '0' and you will have now stock recovery but root access will be intact
    - You will have binnary count '0' but system status still will be 'custom'
    - Reboot to recovery, wipe cache and data
    (this step is just for keeping status' official '
    You can skip if you have too much data, as this status can be achieved even in semibricked condition by wiping from recovery Or by flashing stock rom from download mode. And in hard bricked this status can't be read :p) important thing is to just keep count' 0'.

- You will have binary count '0' and current binary 'official' as well system status 'official'
    - with latest bootloader you can't achieve system status 'official' with wipe cache and data too, in that case you may need to reflash stock ROM, reboot normally, play for 10 min and it should be 'official'

New :
    How to change system status 'Modified' to 'Normal' in device setting without factory reset.

you can enjoy full root access without worrying of warranty

:)
    No No
    This is bootloader bug
    while entering recovery just release power button once splash screen appear, above said error will go, and you can entre to recovery.
    Plz remove quating of full post.
    Now Chainfire have added 'CF Auto Root' to keep counter '0' with Stock recovery

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31801060&postcount=2

Moderator can close this thread Now
    Mobile Odin Pro flashcounter raise is fixed in version 3.40 afaik :)

Mobile odin 3.40 itself first version which have add Note 2 support.
    And i have tried (as well many other user reported) that to flash stock recovery, but it does raise counter.
    Hi guys where is the flash counter these posts r making me paranoid. Right now I flashed like 3 or 4 things but where is the counter???

Vol down +home+power and enter ind download mode.on the upper left screen you see three or four lines.One of them saying something like current binary status

Sent from the Beast